Thread: Questions about the Nuremberg Trials

Default Questions about the Nuremberg Trials

Manafort is looking at life in prison. What will we name the trials when the rest of this current administration is locked up and brought to justice? Will there be cyanide capsules?

When and under what pretenses will our reds start disassociating themselves? Before the next election?

Any guesses?

Default Re: Questions about the Nuremberg Trials

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Manafort is looking at life in prison. What will we name the trials when the rest of this current administration is locked up and brought to justice? Will there be cyanide capsules?

When and under what pretenses will our reds start disassociating themselves? Before the next election?

Any guesses?
    The Mar A Lago Trials?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Up to 305 years.

That is a lot of incentive to flip. But as British current events suggest, flipping on the Russian interests and staying healthy don't always go together.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Invoking Nuremberg?!!

That's it! The left in this country has truly lost its mind!

jack - perhaps you should open your mind to the historical parallels.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I repeat, David, drawing parallels between Nuremberg and the political nonsense we are now experiencing is beyond the pale. The Nazi bastards at Nuremberg were on trial for attempted genocide, fer Christ's sake! Do you really think the current political intrigue rises to that level?

I imagine you aren't that gullible, yet will use whatever brick bat you can heft for political gain. There there might be a political parallel.

A little light reading...

(For those stuck in the provinces)

There are none so blind...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

David,

Narcissus was on the right track as to looking. He refused the plunge into that pool that would have saved him.

Quote Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
    David,

Narcissus was on the right track as to looking. He refused the plunge into that pool that would have saved him.
    Your ignorance of history makes you miss the patterns. That's not unusual. Don't feel too bad. But you might want to stop highlighting it.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

My ignorance of history? Com-on, you can do better that that!

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
    To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.

I didn't say an ignorance of poetry. But what you should, perhaps, regret is that you are unwilling to explore further - even after the way has been pointed out.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Invoking Nuremberg?!!

That's it! The left in this country has truly lost its mind!

Thus the upside down flag and rage....

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post

Any guesses?

Im guessing TDS........

What way is that, David? I see nothing but petty political grousing on your part.

What way is that? I see nothing but petty political grousing on your part.
    Best re-read the thread then. More than my comments. Though you might start with, "There are none..."
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I think I could cherish you as a friend, David. You are the nemesis we all must confront in order to be better people. But your sophistry, as good as it is, gives great pause.

I think I could cherish you as a friend, David. You are the nemesis we all must confront in order to be better people. But your sophistry, as good as it is, gives great pause.
    You are too kind, jack. But I doubt we could be friends. I just have no patience for folks who know 'just enough to be dangerous' and who then use a thin veil of pseudo-intellectualism to mask their superficial approach. Dilettantes get short shrift in my circle.

Example: 'sophistry' is a good work. A precise word. With meaning and import. The fact that you choose to accuse me of it - despite no evidence, example, or proof of any sort that you could ever offer - is just posturing. An example, not of understanding, but of the old adage. "If you want to know what the Dingbat Fringe is up to... pay attention to what they bootlessly accuse others of"

But hey... show me I'm wrong. View it as a hypothetical writing assignment from a teacher you admire. Write up a brief essay arguing the pros and cons of the proposition advanced in the OP. I doubt that you can. I think you'll be too hobbled by your own limitations: historical; research skills; intellectual; fair-mindedness; etc. But I could be wrong - give it a go.
    Last edited by David G; 03-14-2018 at 12:32 AM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

The Nuremberg principle, that a person is responsible for their actions and following orders is not an excuse, has been mostly ignored ever since.
    And of course it was always applied selectively. Some Nazi and Japanese scientists and their research were considered too valuable and they were given a free pass, and of course Japan was seen as the bulwark against China so it's industrialists were also excused. How convenient.

Jack, we are still at 1938, not 1944. The point in highlighting it is to get to a 1944 which looks different this time. With fewer bodies.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

I repeat, David, drawing parallels between Nuremberg and the political nonsense we are now experiencing is beyond the pale. The Nazi bastards at Nuremberg were on trial for attempted genocide, fer Christ's sake! Do you really think the current political intrigue rises to that level?

I imagine you aren't that gullible, yet will use whatever brick bat you can heft for political gain. There there might be a political parallel.
    Yup, and Trump wants to be dictator. Only those who give him complete fealty will survive. To heck with the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Jack, we are still at 1938, not 1944. The point in highlighting it is to get to a 1944 which looks different this time. With fewer bodies.
    Yeah... something like that.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks