Thread: Federal Troops to California?

Default Federal Troops to California?

Default Re: Federal Troops to California?

Yes there are lots of them. Did you have a question?

Army

Fort Irwin The National Training Center at Fort Irwin is the Army's premier brigade-level maneuver warfare training center, providing training for ground and aviation brigades in a joint scenario across the spectrum of conflict. The installation is an ideal pre-deployment training facility for troops deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan, containing multiple urban and wilderness operations sites.
    Monterey Presidio Part of the former Fort Ord, this installation is home to the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center, which provides foreign language education, training, evaluation, and sustainment for DoD personnel. This facility is regarded as one of the finest schools for foreign language instruction in the country.
    Sierra Army Depot Sierra Army Depot is an Expeditionary Logistics Center, providing world-wide logistics support including maintenance, assembly, containerization, and rapid shipment of critical supplies. Notable pre-positioned materiel includes deployable medical systems, medical supplies, petroleum and water systems, and aviation systems.
    Marine Corps

Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms The Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, Twentynine Palms conducts live-fire combined-arms training, urban operations, and Joint/Coalition level integration training that promotes operational forces readiness. Marines and Sailors train at several different ranges, including CAMOUT, a mock city the size of downtown San Diego.
    Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton operates a secure Class A airfield and maintains air station facilities, equipment, and properties in support of operational forces preparing for combat. The location of MCAS Camp Pendleton is critical to shipboard operations training off the coast. Without the air station, naval expeditionary ship to shore training operations would be gravely impacted.
    Marine Corps Air Station Miramar Home to the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, MCAS Miramar provides a central location between inland air-to-ground ranges and littoral air-to-air ranges for rotary and fixed wing aircraft. A premier Marine Corps Air Station, Miramar is the ideal location for F/A-18 Hornet, KC-130J Hercules, CH-53E Super Stallion, and MV-22 Osprey.
    Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton provides critical training for more than 40,000 Marines and Sailors preparing to deploy overseas. The varied terrain, close proximity to other training ranges, and 17 miles of undeveloped shoreline provide Marines the ability to incorporate combined arms training by using naval assets with fixed and rotary wing aircraft in direct support of ground operations.
    Marine Corps Logistics Base Barstow Barstow is essential to the Marine Corps' capacity to provide support to the operating forces with 33 million square feet of covered and open lot storage. One of two USMC installations responsible for the Reset workload, Barstow is a primary source of repair for equipment returning from overseas combat, and is critical to the Corps' future equipment sustainment.
    Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center Bridgeport The Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center conducts unit and individual training courses to prepare Marine Corps, Joint, and Allied forces for operations in mountainous high altitude, and cold weather environments in support of the Regional Combatant Commanders.
    Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego More than 17,000 recruits are transformed into Marines annually at Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego. During the 12-week course, recruits tackle physical challenges, learn martial arts skills, complete weapons qualification, undergo field training, and conquer the Crucible, a capstone event that requires recruits to work together as teams to complete the 54-hour event.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Navy

Naval Air Facility El Centro With year-round great flying weather and several well-instrumented bombing ranges, NAF El Centro is an integral part of Naval Aviation Training. It is also the winter home of the US Navy's Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels.
    Naval Air Station Lemoore The Navy's master air station for the west coast is located in Kings County, and is home to 284 jet aircraft. Its nearly 14,000 jobs and over $982 million annual economic output makes it one of the largest employers in the central valley.
    Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake NAWS China Lake provides and maintains land, facilities and other assets that support the Navy's research, development, acquisition, testing and evaluation. The installation is the Navy's largest single landholding, representing 85 percent of the Navy's land for RDAT&E use and 38 percent of the Navy's land holdings worldwide. In total, its two ranges and main site cover more than 1.1 million acres, an area larger than the state of Rhode Island.
    Naval Base Coronado Naval Base Coronado is a consortium of eight Navy installations, including Naval Air Station North Island, Coronado (NASNI); Naval Amphibious Base, Coronado (NAB); Naval Outlying Landing Field, Imperial Beach (NOLF IB); Naval Auxiliary Landing Field, San Clemente Island (NALF SCI); Silver Strand Training Complex, Coronado (SSTC). Collectively these facilities host San Diego's Aircraft Carriers, Naval Aviation squadrons, and SEAL training and leadership, among many others.
    Naval Base Point Loma Strategically located at the entrance to San Diego harbor, Naval Base Point Loma is home to San Diego's six fast attack submarines, as well as the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) and the Fleet Anti-Submarine Warfare Training Center. It also hosts the 3rd Fleet headquarters.
    Naval Base San Diego Naval Base San Diego is the principal homeport of the Pacific Fleet, consisting of 50 Navy ships, two Coast Guard cutters, five Military Sealift Command logistical support platforms, and several research and auxiliary vessels. Naval Base San Diego proper is comprised of over 2,000 land acres and 326 acres of water. The base is also responsible for Navy Region Southwest headquarters in downtown San Diego, and the Naval Medical Center in Balboa Park.
    Naval Base Ventura County Naval Base Ventura County is composed of three operating facilities: Point Mugu, Port Hueneme and San Nicolas Island. The installation is a major aviation shore command and a Naval construction force mobilization base, providing airfield, seaport and base support services to fleet operating forces and shore activities. NBVC and its tenants directly employ more than 19,000 military and civilian personnel, and is the largest employer in Ventura County.
    Naval Support Activity, Monterey/Naval Postgraduate School Home to over 15 tenant commands, NSA Monterey provides primary support to the Naval Postgraduate School, Navy Research Lab, and the Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center. Naval Postgraduate School is the largest producer of advanced graduate degrees for the Department of Defense, graduating thousands every year from all services and over 50 countries.
    Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command As the Navy’s information warfare systems command, SPAWAR develops, delivers and sustains communications and information capabilities for warfighters, keeping them connected anytime, anywhere. With a space support activity, two system centers and through partnerships with three program executive offices, SPAWAR provides the hardware and software needed to execute Navy missions. The team consists of more than 9,500 active duty military and civil service professionals located around the world and close to the fleet to keep SPAWAR at the forefront of research, engineering and acquisition to provide and sustain fleet capabilities.
    Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach, California and its detachments provide weapons storage, loading, maintenance, and assessment support to ships of the Pacific Fleet, as well as supporting Coast Guard vessels and Marine Corps units stationed afloat and ashore. Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach was designated as the best small shore command in the U.S. Navy, winner of the 2012 Installation Excellence Award for Small Installations.
    Air Force

Beale Air Force Base The 9th Reconnaissance Wing out of Beale Air Force Base delivers high altitude intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance. Beale AFB is equipped with the nation's fleet of U-2 and RQ-4 reconnaissance aircraft and associated support equipment, and hosts more than 4,000 personnel.
    Edwards Air Force Base Host to the 412th Test Wing, Edwards Air Force Base is the second largest base in the Air Force, and an important test and development site. The 412th Test Wing oversees base day-to-day operations and provides support for over 10,000 military, federal civilian and contract personnel assigned to a 481-square mile installation.
    Los Angeles Air Force Base L.A. Air Force Base is home to the Space and Missile Systems Center, the center of technical excellence for developing, acquiring, fielding and sustaining military space systems. The center employs an estimated 6,300 people, including military, civilians and contractors at the base and other locations worldwide.
    March Air Force Reserve Base Selected for realignment as part of the 1993 BRAC round, March AFRB is now home to the 452nd Air Mobility Wing, which provides strategic airlift capability worldwide with its C-17 Globemaster and KC-135 Refueling squadrons.
    Travis Air Force Base Travis AFB is home to the 60th Air Mobility Wing, the largest air mobility organization in the Air Force. The base handles more cargo and passengers than any other military air terminal in the United States, and contributes $679 million to the California economy.
    Vandenberg Air Force Base Vandenberg AFB is home to the Air Force's 30th Space Wing, which manages space and missile testing for the Department of Defense. This important launch facility places satellites into polar orbit for the Air Force, DoD, and NASA.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Hippie chicks need to mount a defense
    Last edited by wizbang 13; 03-13-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Us naval academy postgraduate school is on alert
    IMMIGRANTS BUILT AMERICA - IMMIGRANTS BUILD AMERICA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    Us naval academy postgraduate school is on alert

The old Del Monte Hotel.

I've had the opportunity to go all through the place. It is lovely indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    The old Del Monte Hotel.

I've had the opportunity to go all through the place. It is lovely indeed
    I washed dishes in the Enlisted Mess for 8 months. Was never allowed to walk on campus.
    IMMIGRANTS BUILT AMERICA - IMMIGRANTS BUILD AMERICA

I do wish you blokes could make up your minds.

I thought Trump was supposed to be an existential threat to the republic, with flags inverted and all that.

Now you scoff at the idea of the authoritarianism you say he represents.

Is he an authoritarian, or not?

How many beans in 5?

fta -

So at what point does California’s response move from passive resistance (which is permitted) to “unlawful obstructions, combinations ... or rebellion against the authority of the United States?” I’m not sure, and I don’t think we’re there yet. But Sessions’ strong language suggests that he thinks we’re closer than we should be. Stay tuned.

Glenn Harlan Reynolds, a University of Tennessee law professor and the author of The New School: How the Information Age Will Save American Education from Itself

Well, there you go. A UT Law professor (& blogger) is pretty much guarun-dam*-teed to be a 'bagger supporter. Looky here, he's the man behind Instapundit. Remember this? And as always, as a li.. er, lawyer, he practices plausible deniability - acknowledging that "I’m not sure.." - meaning the article is the same as the OP.. just pot stirring. Gotta keep people riled up - which is what Instapundit is all about.

we now return to our regularly scheduled balderdash..

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    I washed dishes in the Enlisted Mess for 8 months. Was never allowed to walk on campus.
    I was a "Contractor" did some demolition work, and paved the parking lot. They had their own "inspector" a little martinet, he knew nothing, zero, about roads or asphalt. LOL

My plan was to distract him away from the jobsite by asking for a tour. Suggesting that he as an "inspector" probably knew more about that place than anybody. He was so clueless it wasn't a necessary distraction but it worked, and I with a white hard hat, got the run of the place.
    I went through many of the old rooms in the hotel, imagined Hemingway and others from the Hollywood elite partying in those rooms until dawn, then walked the grounds preparing bids, climbed the old radio tower (what a view!) and ate lunch in the mess hall. Maybe you were there, 1985-'86?

Today, no one gets in there without a background check, we have to submit a list of employees and vehicles for approval, and the martinets are many and posted near every gate, checking for seat belts, turn signals, and back-up alarms on the trucks and tractors. The important stuff - Homeland security, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    I do wish you blokes could make up your minds.

I thought Trump was supposed to be an existential threat to the republic, with flags inverted and all that.

Now you scoff at the idea of the authoritarianism you say he represents.

Is he an authoritarian, or not?
    "He's a Moron"

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    fta -

Well, there you go. A UT Law professor (& blogger) is pretty much guarun-dam*-teed to be a 'bagger supporter. Looky here, he's the man behind Instapundit. Remember this? And as always, as a li.. er, lawyer, he practices plausible deniability - acknowledging that "I’m not sure.." - meaning the article is the same as the OP.. just pot stirring. Gotta keep people riled up - which is what Instapundit is all about.

we now return to our regularly scheduled balderdash..
    damn it man you made me look at the article. Darn that Media again!

I hope that Sessions does send troops to CA to enforce federal immigration laws. It will be the best boost imaginable for Democrats and other anti-Trump voters in the next election. Bring 'em on.
    I rather be American than a Republican.

I thought Reps believed in States Rights.

Oh yeah - only when they agree with what the states are doing.

You & your buddies are such hypocrites SB.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    I was a "Contractor" did some demolition work, and paved the parking lot. They had their own "inspector" a little martinet, he knew nothing, zero, about roads or asphalt. LOL

My plan was to distract him away from the jobsite by asking for a tour. Suggesting that he as an "inspector" probably knew more about that place than anybody. He was so clueless it wasn't a necessary distraction but it worked, and I with a white hard hat, got the run of the place.
    I went through many of the old rooms in the hotel, imagined Hemingway and others from the Hollywood elite partying in those rooms until dawn, then walked the grounds preparing bids, climbed the old radio tower (what a view!) and ate lunch in the mess hall. Maybe you were there, 1985-'86?

Today, no one gets in there without a background check, we have to submit a list of employees and vehicles for approval, and the martinets are many and posted near every gate, checking for seat belts, turn signals, and back-up alarms on the trucks and tractors. The important stuff - Homeland security, LOL
    I bet that cost a lot of money to do all that.
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    damn it man you made me look at the article. Darn that Media again!
    Damn, man, didn't you get the memo? Today, I was token 'rtfa'! (-;

Schlichter argues things will go very badly for Democrats if push comes to shove. Pretty compelling analysis.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurt...r-too-n2459833

Well the 'United' bit of the countries name seems to be becoming less and less applicable.

I recently acquired a tube of 2.5% hydrocortisone cream that is little short of miraculous. Highly recommended for minor irritants.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

I keep a supply of Tucks ready to hand, myself. I like to nip it in the bud when possible.

How's that working for you? Seem a bit... off.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by willmarsh3 View Post
    I bet that cost a lot of money to do all that.
    We stopped bidding on projects there a couple of years ago as way too much trouble to be profitable. The usual bidders are guys that have the engineering contractors license, know the routine and can just hire subs. They don't even show up on the job. Just process the paperwork add a percentage and collect the money.