Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tillerson fired

Default Re: Tillerson fired

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    Trump wants results.
    this is why he was voted in and HC not.

he can arrange and rearrange his staff all he wants...
    look at any business, people are removed all the time..

Trump is loyal to this country unlike any president since Reagan.

Loves the flag not like commies...

WTF? Where is the part about libs?

You are slipping!

Does the whole 4x4 thing have you out of sorts?
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    love how bobbys explains the days events. A collection of word blocks all stacked up.

I love how our libs are melting down.

No surprise, most were born with the silver spoon .

I love how our libs are melting down.

No surprise, most were born with the silver spoon .
    Okay that's better!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --

A spokesman for Tillerson said the secretary of state has not spoken directly with Trump about the move.
    “The secretary had every intention of staying because of the critical progress made in national security and other areas,” Steve Goldstein, undersecretary of public diplomacy for the State Department, said in a statement.

Blind sided!
    Skip

Curiouser and curiouser. (Source)

Trump Denies Russian Guilt in Murder. Tillerson Admits It, Is Fired. Hmm.
    By Jonathan Chait

Every Trump administration personnel shake-up is a noir story of terrible, incompetent people squabbling with other terrible, incompetent people. But one thing that stands out about the firing of Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is that Tillerson explicitly identified Russia as the culprit in the murder of Sergei Skripal in the United Kingdom, and Donald Trump did not.

Yesterday, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders condemned the murder as “reckless,” but repeatedly declined to endorse the United Kingdom’s conclusion that Russia was behind it. This exchange with reporters is quite odd:

Q. Sarah, I was hoping you could comment on news out of Great Britain today. Theresa May saying that the British government believes that Russia was behind the attempted murder and poisoning of a former spy with a nerve agent that has a Russian manufacturer. Is that the assessment of the United States government, number one? Does the United States government plan on designating Russia as — like it did North Korea, earlier this year, regarding the murder of Kim Jong-un’s half-brother — of Russia using chemical weapons? And, three, will there be any repercussions for Russia from the United States, in coordination with its British allies?

MS. SANDERS: Look, we’ve been monitoring the incident closely, take it very seriously. The use of a highly lethal nerve agent against UK citizens on UK soil is an outrage. The attack was reckless, indiscriminate, and irresponsible. We offer the fullest condemnation, and we extend our sympathy to the victims and their families, and our support to the UK government. We stand by our closest ally and the special relationship that we have.

Q. So you’re not saying that Russia was behind this act?

MS. SANDERS: Right now, we are standing with our UK ally. I think they’re still working through even some of the details of that. And we’re going to continue to work with the UK, and we certainly stand with them throughout this process.

Q. Theresa May said it was either Russia using it themselves or that it had given its chemical weapons to a third party to murder a British citizen, the latter being highly unlikely, given the nature of this weapon. So —

MS. SANDERS: Like I just said, Zeke, we stand with our ally. And we certainly fully support them, and are ready if we can be of any assistance to them.

Last night, Rex Tillerson told reporters the attack “clearly” was undertaken by Russia. Then this morning Trump fired Tillerson, without any advance notice whatsoever. After that, Trump briefly appeared on the White House lawn, and when asked about the murder, said, “We will condemn Russia …or whoever it may be.” Whoever it might be? Round up all the 400-pound guys!

The fact Tillerson was fired almost immediately after contradicting the official White House line on the murder of a Russian double agent might, or might not, be a coincidence. But what possible innocent explanation can be provided for the administration’s refusal to concede Russian involvement when our closest ally, on whose territory the murder took place, is perfectly clear about who committed it?
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

There use to be a circle of adults in the room, now I'm thinking triangle at best.

love how bobbys explains the days events. A collection of word blocks all stacked up.
    Itís a Russian haiku.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Silver spoon? Silver spoon?!! In my day me mudder fed me with a stick that she picked up off the side of the lane!

(Channelling Monty Python, as this is the usual level of discourse with bobbys...)
    Last edited by mmd; 03-13-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

he can arrange and rearrange his staff all he wants...

Here are all the casualties of the Trump administration so far, a slide show:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ientp#image=21
    Skip

And now Gina Haspel will make the CIA great again. According to Wiki:

Haspel ran a "black site" CIA prison located in Thailand in 2002.[10][11] The site was codenamed "Cat’s Eye" and held suspected al Qaeda members Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri and Abu Zubaydah for a time. The Senate Intelligence Committee report on CIA torture specifies that during their detention at the site they were waterboarded and interrogated using no-longer-authorized methods.[9][12] Declassified CIA cables specify that Zubaydah was waterboarded 83 times in a month, was sleep deprived, kept in a "large box", had his head slammed against a wall, and he lost his left eye. Zubaydah was deemed, by the CIA interrogators, to not be in possession of any useful intelligence (Interrogation of Abu Zubaydah).[13]
    Haspel later was the chief of staff to Jose Rodriguez, who headed the CIA's Counterterrorism Center. In his memoir, Rodriguez wrote that Haspel had "drafted a cable" in 2005 ordering the destruction of dozens of videotapes made at the black site in Thailand
    Glad she's not my mom.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Silver spoon? [b]Silver spoon?!![/u] In my day me mudder fed me with a stick that she picked up off the side of the lane!

(Channelling Monty Python, as this is the usual level of discourse with bobbys...)
    Yes, yes it was silver but I had to polish it three times a day. The other kids got a new silver spoon every week and they had a special spoon polisher come to the estate to polish theirs. The shame and humiliation I endured made me the liberal I am today.

Is Trump more Russian than American in his beliefs and practices?

Quote Originally Posted by mariner2k View Post
    Nahh, he's just an 'asset'.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Burlington, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Nahh, he's just an 'asset'.
    I think the spell check got you Norm. I assume you were trying to write :"Nahh, he's just an ass 'eh."
    Stay calm, be brave....wait for the signs. Possibly precariously prevaricating.

I was walking along looking for somebody, and then suddenly I wasnít anymore.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Silver spoon? Silver spoon?!! In my day me mudder fed me with a stick that she picked up off the side of the lane!

Don't be mean. You're just showing him up. You need to step it down a bit.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I liked Tillerson, despite the fact that he worked for Trump. The BSA doesn't elect a-holes to be chief exec, and he is an Eagle Scout besides.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Don't be mean. You're just showing him up. You need to step it down a bit.
    Sarcasm?
    Skip

Evidently Goldstein is fired as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ate/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by mariner2k View Post
    Good question. Yes.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

"Funny how Rommel is the darling of the libs as soon as he attacks Hitler."

Someday someone will invent a machine . . . hey, wait a minute!
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey

LOL, i love youse guys!

One thing for sure, in about ten years or so (provided we're not merely a smoking crater) this is all gonna make one **** of a movie. President's Men? Not even close. Now we have to figger if this is gonna be a comedy, a tragedy or a horror story? Where's George Romero when ya' need him?

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...Be-Fired-Um-OK

Donald J. Trump
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    The media has been speculating that I fired Rex Tillerson or that he would be leaving soon - FAKE NEWS! He’s not leaving and while we disagree on certain subjects, (I call the final shots) we work well together and America is highly respected again!

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Brennan View Post
    One thing for sure, in about ten years or so (provided we're not merely a smoking crater) this is all gonna make one **** of a movie. President's Men? Not even close. Now we have to figger if this is gonna be a comedy, a tragedy or a horror story? Where's George Romero when ya' need him?
    The Producers. except the actors will be guinea pigs

Tillerson - former Eagle Scout and Head of Exxon is pissed with the "Moron in Chief" when he talked this morning.

Observe his his body language in his speech. I don't think he will go lightly into the dark.
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 03-13-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

WASHINGTON—Saying the administration would not tolerate such egregious behavior from an official in his capacity, the White House confirmed Tuesday that outgoing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson had been fired for inappropriately weighing in on international politics. “Mr. Tillerson was well aware of what we expected from him as the nation’s chief diplomat, and therefore should have known better than to give his opinions on a foreign policy matter,” read the statement from the White House, citing Tillerson’s public condemnation of Russia for its likely involvement in a nerve agent attack in the U.K. as “completely out of line” and “inconsistent with the current administration’s understanding of his duties.” “By assessing an international situation between allies and voicing his perspective as head of the State Department, Mr. Tillerson completely overstepped his jurisdiction. This administration’s firm stance against this kind of overreach by senior diplomatic advisers led President Trump to act swiftly and remove Mr. Tillerson from his position.” At press time, Trump was praising his new nominee for secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, for his strong commitment to diplomacy within the boundaries of what the president will allow.

WASHINGTON—Jotting down a few thoughts in order to help his replacement hit the ground running, departing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson reportedly shot Mike Pompeo a quick email Tuesday to help get him up to speed on all the countries. “Hey Mike, just wanted to give you a brief rundown on the nations of the Earth before I head out,” read Tillerson’s email, which then proceeded to list, in no particular order, the 206 countries of the world, along with brief, often one-word descriptions for each. “Mexico: Spanish-speaking nation on southern border that doesn’t like walls; Australia: big island with kangaroos and no guns; China: communists, trading partner, we owe them lots of money; Nigeria: hot; Saudi Arabia: fantastic; South Korea: ???” Sources confirmed Tillerson concluded his email by saying there was no need to stress out about remembering everything on the list, as he hadn’t found it necessary to know all that much about the countries and Pompeo probably wouldn’t either.

(For you Republicknuts those are examples of satire)

https://politics.theonion.com/
    Skip

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Brennan View Post
    Stanley Kubrick . . . Ken Russell . . . David Mamet . . .

Will trump send troops across Siberia?

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Will trump send troops across Siberia?
    I'm sure his bro will give him a discount on the train.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    Sarcasm?
    Oh... no... I'm NEVER sarcastic about the Dingbat Wing... <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Hoping Tillerson decides to challenge Trump for the 2020 GOP nomination. You got to admit, that would be fun to watch.

The writing is on the wall... Michael Pompeo is going to run for President 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    There use to be a circle of adults in the room, now I'm thinking triangle at best.
    That phrase gets used a lot but it’s a hell of an admission what the POTUS is. Only problem is that all those adults are there to appease a child. Maybe someday Congress will come together and act in the nations interests by providing real oversight on the Executive, if not neutralize it, but I don’t see it happening yet.