Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: thank god for hippie chicks

Default Re: thank god for hippie chicks

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Ol' Blooie is feelin' his oats these days, ain't he?
    Because people keep feeding him.

The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Jesus T. Christ SB, of course I wouldn't use the term with somebody I didn't know reasonably well. There are a lot of terms that can be used affectionately or insultingly depending on context and anyone who cares about offending people inadvertently will be careful with them . Likewise I wouldn't call someone a 'geeky engineer' just out of the blue.
    Alright. I've seen some indications here from the duly "enlightened" that indicate a belief that a woman's self description opens the door to men using that very same description. Obviously that's not right, depending on the circumstances.

For example, a woman joking with her friends about how "she's a trashy little s___t," and saying the same in the presence of men, does not necessarily open the door for a man to similarly describe her. Quite to the contrary, I'd say.

Still, these are the Left's rules. We can see that some on the Left don't want to voluntarily submit to them when called out. They probably should, though.

Quote Originally Posted by lupussonic View Post
    Sky, I apologize for calling you " an entitled, dim minded masturbatory troll" the other night.

It was wrong, insulting, and I shan't do it again.

Personal attacks are just unnecessary, don't you agree?

I didn't sweat it. You're actually one of my favorite forumites. I sincerely think you're a very cool dude. I can understand that you don't share the admiration, but that's alright.

My 29 year old daughter informs me im not allowed to refer to females as,, tootsie, honey, lassie, babe, chickie, sweetheart, surgarpie,any movie actress,, NICE!, bada BOOM,pumpkin,,.

Yeah, in fact im not to speak....

Daughter resorts to violence and aploligies for me.

I waited all my life to be a dirty old man and its been taken away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by lupussonic View Post
    Sky, I apologize for calling you " an entitled, dim minded masturbatory troll" the other night.

It was wrong, insulting, and I shan't do it again.

Personal attacks are just unnecessary, don't you agree?

I would get booted for that.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Live and let live. Time to move beyond preconceptions.

Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    Alright. I've seen some indications here from the duly "enlightened" that indicate a belief that a woman's self description opens the door to men using that very same description. Obviously that's not right, depending on the circumstances.

For example, a woman joking with her friends about how "she's a trashy little s___t," and saying the same in the presence of men, does not necessarily open the door for a man to similarly describe her. Quite to the contrary, I'd say.

Still, these are the Left's rules. We can see that some on the Left don't want to voluntarily submit to them when called out. They probably should, though.
    We know you are at least bright enough to understand the difference between "she's a trashy little s___t" and "she's a hippie chick"- but are choosing not to for the sake of... Well, I'm not sure what.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

SB doesn't have an interest in any of the topics he wanders into, he just loves shoveling the $hit that annoys and irritates others, most especially lefties.

I'm guess not liberal enough to be angered by the SB gig. You say up he says down, and he does know the difference....but a troll he is.
    PaulF

I am so offended that someone has used the pejorative "dude." How ever shall I go on?
    Nosce te ipsum

In college, I went to a Dead show with my friend, Dee. She had no shoes, and we had no money, and no tickets.

What Dee did have was a positive attitude, a killer smile and a Wonderbread bag full of Fluffernutter sandwiches she had made in her dorm room. She traded these assets for a pair of tickets and we saw the show.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    I am so offended that someone has used the pejorative "dude." How ever shall I go on?
    Hippie dude?
    PaulF

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
    In college, I went to a Dead show with my friend, Dee. She had no shoes, and we had no money, and no tickets.

What Dee did have was a positive attitude, a killer smile and a Wonderbread bag full of Fluffernutter sandwiches she had made in her dorm room. She traded these assets for a pair of tickets and we saw the show.

Kevin

I knew a gal like that......we've been married 46 years.
    PaulF

Hippie Chicks wear the title proudly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Live and let live. Time to move beyond preconceptions.

Sure i sang along, im just the only person to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf View Post
    Hippie dude?
    I was, but my friends just called me dude.
    Nosce te ipsum

OP. Right on, man!, and pass the windowpane.
    So many questions, so little time.

Always preferred orange sunshine myself...

The good ol' days... of pharmaceuticals, eh?
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Don't take the brown. . .
    Nosce te ipsum

My brother in law owns one of those 'event' places, with an old barn and a small chapel he built for weddings. My wife and sister in law kind of run things, and a couple of weeks ago they had a 'hippie' wedding. She said that they were so much fun and really pretty cool, as if that should surprise her. I just nodded and said 'well, yeah'. I mean, why wouldn't they be pretty cool?

I am all for hippies. We need more of them.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    My 29 year old daughter informs me im not allowed to refer to females as,, tootsie, honey, lassie, babe, chickie, sweetheart, surgarpie,any movie actress,, NICE!, bada BOOM,pumpkin,,.

Yeah, in fact im not to speak....

Daughter resorts to violence and aploligies for me.

I waited all my life to be a dirty old man and its been taken away from me.
    I don't talk like that, anyway, having lived in a household of four strong women until the little ones moved away, but I will say I got somewhat aggravated when my youngest crawled all over me for calling someone 'Oriental' instead of 'Asian'. I mean, who makes these rules and how are you supposed to keep up?

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Is it even OK to "thank God" anymore? "Thoughts and prayers" will get you in enough trouble as it is. Is "thank God" next?
    We need to save the "thoughts and prayers" phrase for shootings. "Thank god" is for hippy chicks, let's not conflate these issues.

Edit; There is nothing quite like a Fluffernutter after sex.

Drugs are for those dudes in a rush...

I always thought it more like a others have said - a smiling, barefoot girl who is never in a hurry with a plastic bag full of giveaway sandwiches wishing for a pair miracle tickets. As a side note these are the same type of women who still sail with their men with no rush to get to port.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    What's the story? Video logger?

More importantly, some hatch, aft cabin, cruising Bimini, got a boat pic?
    Last edited by John B; 03-13-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf View Post
    I knew a gal like that......we've been married 46 years.

Nice!!

Kevin

There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Who among you would use the term among a group of educated, professional women? Show of hands, please.

Keith? You? I don't believe it.
    They just did. I'm an educated professional woman and I believe there are others like me reading this board. And why just "educated professionals"? Are they the only ones worthy of your gallantry?

Which are you, SB? Are you an educated professional woman? Some here refer to you as "she". Correctly? Come on. Let's be having you! After all, if you are male, then perhaps it's just a common male to male insult.

Speaking for myself, if I have to choose between "hippie chicks" and males insulting each other by referring to each other as females on one hand and obsessive sneering and snarling at anyone who doesn't agree with you on the other, I choose the former, heinous though it be. Virtue signalling? Or do you actually... you know...care?
    "Mozart is the heart's touchstone" (Edwin Fischer)

I've not liked the term "hippy chick" since I had the freedom to be a hippy myself in 1966. I like just plain "hippy" better. But the term can be viewed in a manner similar to "the N word". Just as some black people use "the N word", so also a hippy of either sex you can use the term. And as in the black community who decline to use "the N word", some hippies will decline to add "chick".

It's only an analogy. "Chick", with or without "hippy", is such a less corrosive term that it's hard to get much worked up about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Drugs are for those dudes in a rush...

I always thought it more like a others have said - a smiling, barefoot girl who is never in a hurry with a plastic bag full of giveaway sandwiches wishing for a pair miracle tickets. As a side note these are the same type of women who still sail with their men with no rush to get to port.
    No... you've got it all wrong. The more common construct is -- Reality is for those who can't handle drugs.

My own version is -- Psychedelics are for those who want to understand reality - and themselves - better.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    We could just ask Kourtney what she thinks.
    In case any of you haven’t read it yet you can download her ebook here: https://www.amazon.com/Accidental-Sa.../dp/B00KMCOR64

Accidental Sailor Girl is a story about a young girl named Kourtney and her journey from starting out with only her car and a surfboard to sailing across the Atlantic on a Gaff Rigged Cutter with a Square Sail named Norna. The story moves from her hardships of living on the beach to buying her first sailboat, a 27 foot Hunter she named "Happy." Her attitude toward learning how to sail and how to fix up her boat led her to meet Pete Grundvig, a local carpenter and shipwright, the owner of Norna. Their relationship with surfing, sailing, and music, moved them to the tune of a two year Atlantic Circumnavigation. Kourtney soon realizes she is not the same person she was when she left home two years before.

Her YouTube channel is well worth checking out, too.

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    What's the story? Video logger?

More importantly, some hatch, aft cabin, cruising Bimini, got a boat pic?

What about Dixie Chicks? I still think it sounds better than Female Dixie Persons, or perhaps Gender Non Specific Dixie Persons?

Peace

There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Greg H. - from before the great crash, 20th century member 108

"Trump and Cohen are the kids that murdered their parents, and now plead for mercy from the court because they're traumatized orphans."

Just gotta say:

Hippy is someone with large hips

Hippie is someone connected to the counter-culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Just gotta say:

Hippy is someone with large hips

Hippie is someone connected to the counter-culture.
    That's an important distinction that explains why there are hippy hippies
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.