Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House Republicans end their Russia inquiry

Default House Republicans end their Russia inquiry

Probably should have a thread on this horse pucky.

No compulsion of folks like Bannon or Lewandowski or Hicks to either answer or expressly identify exec privilege. No subpoena powers enforced.

It is up to Mueller. And the electorate.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Default Re: House Republicans end their Russia inquiry

Throw the bums out in November.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    In their defense, they did uncover that huge FISA abuse, which cast irreparable doubt on the entirety of the Mueller investigation.
    eh?

Sarchasm?

What are you doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    Sarchasm?
    got it. whew.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Probably should have a thread on this horse pucky.

No compulsion of folks like Bannon or Lewandowski or Hicks to either answer or expressly identify exec privilege. No subpoena powers enforced.

It is up to Mueller. And the electorate.

Its up to Mueller?.

Heavens to betsy , ya mean he really does have a agenda?.

Shiver me timbers, here i thought he was fair and must wanting to find truth.

This is an enormous victory for the Patriot community; the House has handed them legal grounds to dissent from alternative dispositions.

Consistency is a virtue, I guess. Right up there with the administration supporters' views on climate change, the necessity of a wall, etc.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

And conversely, those holding out hope for that soft coup took a pretty big blow today. The House will not countenance Trump/Russia.

DFT took a pretty big blow too, apparently.

When does that investigation start?
    Nosce te ipsum

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Representative K. Michael Conaway, the Texas Republican who is leading the investigation, said committee Republicans agreed with the conclusions of American intelligence agencies that Russia had interfered with the election,
    “The bottom line: The Russians did commit active measures against our election in ’16, and we think they will do that in the future,” Mr. Conaway said. But, he added, “We disagree with the narrative that they were trying to help Trump.”
    So the Russians did interfere, but it doesn't matter because they helped the other guy too so we don't have to investigate further?

Have they missed the bit that they themselves concluded the Russians did interfere and will again - yet they are closing the case with a "Some people just have bad judgment".

Are Americans happy with that? Even the GOP is saying the Russians interfered, and will again, but they won't investigate further.....!
    Isn't that somewhat alarming?
    "People should be able to access these benefits [Social Welfare] as a matter of right, with no more loss of their own standards of self-respect than would be involved in collecting from an insurance company the proceeds of an endowment policy on which they have been paying premiums for years."
    Robert Menzies - Liberal Party (Conservative) Prime Minister of Australia.

What inquiry? Republicans met, had lunch, deposed no one who had any knowledge and adjourned. What a surprise that do nothing pubs did nothing.
    Tom L

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

This same committee is looking into what role, if any, the Japanese played in what they're calling "The Pearl Harbor Incident".
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

this shouldn't matter to the right. The house investigated Hillary for years and found nothing, but she is still "guilty" in their eyes.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    This same committee is looking into what role, if any, the Japanese played in what they're calling "The Pearl Harbor Incident".
    A committee that will live in infamy.

Com'on, you guys. This witch hunt is beyond ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Putin had anything to do with the Pearl Harbor Incident. More fake news.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

House Republicans Say Japanese Did Not Meddle in Pearl Harbor
    Andy Borowitz

Photograph by Tom Williams / CQ Roll Call via Getty WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Reaching the opposite conclusion of many of their committee peers, Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee said on Tuesday that the Japanese did not meddle in the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941.
    “After an exhaustive investigation, we have come to the conclusion that there was no attempt by the Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service to influence the outcome of Pearl Harbor,” Rep. Mike Conaway, a Republican of Texas, said. “Any suggestion to the contrary amounts to nothing more or less than a witch hunt.”
    Conaway said that while there were Japanese bombers in the vicinity of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, their role in the attack there has been “blown out of proportion.”
    “Is it possible that some of their planes were flying in places they shouldn’t have flown and dropping some things that they shouldn’t have dropped, by accident?” Conaway said. “Absolutely. Does that prove that there was intent to meddle in Pearl Harbor? Absolutely not.”
    The House Republican praised his fellow G.O.P. committee members for “finally putting the controversy of Pearl Harbor to rest.”
    “December 7, 1941, is a day that will live in a big misunderstanding,” he said.
    Andy Borowitz is the New York Times best-selling author of “The 50 Funniest American Writers,” and a comedian who has written for The New Yorker since 1998. He writes the Borowitz Report, a satirical column on the news, for newyorker.com.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

A committee that will live in infamy.

A committee that produced no evidence nor the crime.....

Must make sense to you.....

Even a blind pig finds an ear of corn now and then. Unless it's a red.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

I am glad the majority whores ended their sham investigation. The House Intelligence Committee lost all credibility long ago.

Now let the adults employed by Robert Mueller complete their work.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Truth is not the truth.
    Crimes are not crimes.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

yr funny.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    So the Russians did interfere, but it doesn't matter because they helped the other guy too so we don't have to investigate further?

Have they missed the bit that they themselves concluded the Russians did interfere and will again - yet they are closing the case with a "Some people just have bad judgment".

Are Americans happy with that? Even the GOP is saying the Russians interfered, and will again, but they won't investigate further.....!
    Isn't that somewhat alarming?
    Russia's "interference" consisted of stuff like Organizing a BLM style ANTI-Police protest...?

what are these SAD Democrats banging on about...?

I think the report they released a few weeks ago clearly shows how little value there is in their committee and their conclusions.

Trey Gowdy has broken with his Rep colleagues on this tonight, Danny. Might have something to do with having decided previously to not run for office again this Fall, eh? Amazing the mental clarity such choices can bring.

Almost like "the truth shall set you free", eh? Gowdy sure seems to be testing out some freedom.

Trey Gowdy has broken with his Rep colleagues on this tonight, Danny. Might have something to do with having decided previously to not run for office again this Fall, eh? Amazing the mental clarity such choices can bring.

Almost like "the truth shall set you free", eh? Gowdy sure seems to be testing out some freedom.
    Gowdy another Pro Wealthiest 1 Percent, Corporate, Free Trader... but they cant attack the president for trying to keep Jobs in the USA...

What you didn't think these Politicians are really concerned about the TRUTH...... DID YOU?????

But Danny, he was your favourite guy back in the Benghazi days.

But Danny, he was your favourite guy back in the Benghazi days.
    and NOW you are Lauding his integrity and quest for the truth???

so you already know he's crooked... that dosen't make you wonder WHY he is really ANTI TRUMP?

Not at all. I'm saying that even a nasty piece of work like Gowdy feels that it is more personally beneficial to tell the truth once he has made the personal calculation that he is better off not tied to Trump.

He will try politics again, and wants a record he can run on. This is how he will get it.

Not at all. I'm saying that even a nasty piece of work like Gowdy feels that it is more personally beneficial to tell the truth once he has made the personal calculation that he is better off not tied to Trump.

He will try politics again, and wants a record he can run on. This is how he will get it.

OHHHHH WOW... soooo he has you tricked, you think he's being "Truthful".... This Time?

When you get a response of "I loved him when he was going after Clinton, but he's a dirtball now that he ever so slightly disagrees with Trump" - what can you say? I'm thinking not much...
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

On the contrary bobbys, they admitted they did find evidence that the Russians interfered, and they believe they will again - and still they are choosing to ignore it.
    That isn't just neglect of duty, that is willful neglect - it must come under dangerously incompetent somewhere.
    "People should be able to access these benefits [Social Welfare] as a matter of right, with no more loss of their own standards of self-respect than would be involved in collecting from an insurance company the proceeds of an endowment policy on which they have been paying premiums for years."
    Robert Menzies - Liberal Party (Conservative) Prime Minister of Australia.

I think that Gowdy is smart enough to believe all of the Western Alliance's combined Intel agencies over a bunch of partisan hacks. And figures that when Mueller is done, there will be openings for Republicans who aren't felons.

Remember, Gowdy was the guy who read all that Intel which Nunes bastardized into his lying memo. It ain't gonna stay secret.

The Democrats on the committee have released this: https://democrats-intelligence.house...appendices.pdf