Thread: Farrakhan is a Black Trump and you're a liar like my right wing uncle

Default Farrakhan is a Black Trump and you're a liar like my right wing uncle

Remember the story of the couple who invited their long time friend for dinner, and when the subject of Trump came up, the friend said, "I don't judge the man"? They sat there biting their tongues not to say "You're a liar."

Here's the same thing in a different context. Casts a long and deep shadow over the Womens' March.

The national co-chair of the Women’s March, Tamika Mallory, was present at the Nation of Islam’s annual Saviour’s Day event in late February, where Farrakhan railed against Jews for being “the mother and father of apartheid,” declared that “the Jews have control over those agencies of government,” and surmised that Jews have chemically induced homosexuality in black men through marijuana.

The Democratic National Committee’s deputy chair, Representative Keith Ellison, disavowed his earlier membership in the Nation of Islam, saying that they “organize by sowing hatred and division, including anti-Semitism, homophobia, and a chauvinistic model of manhood.” On Tuesday, the Women’s March released a statement saying, in part, “Minister Farrakhan’s statements about Jewish, queer, and trans people are not aligned with the Women’s March Unity Principles.”

Trying to understand anti-Semitism has required something of a cultural adjustment for Mallory, who grew up in Harlem and didn’t know many Jewish people. She told me that once, in a conversation with colleagues she remarked that Jewish people were good with money. “I’ve personally been checked on things like saying, ‘Well you help us with the money because I know that you guys know how to handle money’ and one activist, she immediately followed up with me offline and said, ‘Listen, that’s anti-Semitic.’”

“I asked her, ‘Could it possibly be ignorant language? … I know that it’s ignorant to say that, because it’s a negative stereotype and you reinforce that but again when you say anti-Semitic it’s very dangerous for a person like me. It sounds really bad,’” Mallory said. “So she and I had a conversation. The two things that happened in that moment were one, she basically arrested my language and explained to me why that language was not good for the Jewish community, and at the same time I explained to her why using the terminology that she used was cause for me to feel attacked. And she understood that.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-islam/555332/
    Can you dig it?

The terminology she used --
    you have to say something other than anti-semitism when speaking of Farrakhan? What else you got there in your Bull S terminology? Look especially for a reason why I am obligated to give it anything but the raspberry.

Was cause for me to feel attacked --
    oh my, you are pitiful.

The Women’s March released a statement . . . “Minister Farrakhan’s statements about Jewish, queer, and trans people are not aligned with the Women’s March Unity Principles.
    Not aligned with? Are you kidding? There is a point at which euphemism becomes lying, and that makes you a liar. Louis Farrakhan is a pig like Trump.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

Default Re: Farrakhan is a Black Trump and you're a liar like my right wing uncle

those dang jews... always causing a ruckus

Default Re: Farrakhan is a Black Trump and you're a liar like my right wing uncle

There's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I guess we grow complacent when the devil is silent.

What does she think of the "alignment" of his attitudes towards male and female roles in society?