Thread: Euopean Supplier for Xynole?

Default Euopean Supplier for Xynole?

I'm about to purchase Xynole for a 27' power boat that I'm building in Germany. Does anyone know of a supplier besides Raka and Defender OR an alternative European product? I read this informative thread from years ago that reveals the wholesale producer (Southern Industrial), but that doesn't help. http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...olyester-cloth
    Thanks
    Dan

Default Re: Euopean Supplier for Xynole?

The similar european product would be diolen. Used to be carried by the usual suspects (r-g, timeout, etc.).
    The alternative is fiberglass.
    Why do you need Xynole anyway?

Thanks!! I'll check it out.
    I'm building a Commuter 27 designed by Reuel Parker. He recommends it for all of his designs. Personally, what I prefer about the polyester is that its weave makes it more easily stretched over the boat. It's more flexible than fiberglass. The link I provide above goes into more depth about the pros and cons.

Ah, a cold mold ply design, so you only want abrasion resistance. I understand. Diolen is a german brand of polyester fabric so it should be available.

Exactly. What I'm trying to find out now is how much epoxy the Diolen absorbs...