Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: yeti wtf

Default Re: yeti wtf

Yeti's made in the USA label isn't factual..... Yeti has made a 5 billion dollar valuation based on mislabeling and assertions in the marketplace that are untrue. Moreover they pay stores like Cabella's, Bass Pro Shop and other outdoor retailers large rental fees for product placement. They also have contracts which eliminates any direct competition including Coleman and Igloo products that share the space.

After some further research the brand is designed in the United States - the majority of products are made in the Philippines and Thailand. There are custom orders but one must call a direct line to have one made. Yet most Yetis carry a made in America labeling.
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 03-11-2018 at 11:27 PM.
    King Moonraiser:
    A toy is never truly happy until it is loved by a child.

I wonder if the Pelican Brand is the same that makes the flight cases I use for work?
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

No-one has mentioned the Skoda Yeti yet.
    Not particularly quick, but they do a 4x4 version.
    Last edited by birlinn; 03-12-2018 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    That was the only meaning I was aware of, prior to this thread.
    And you a Volkswagen fan....
    https://www.whatcar.com/skoda/yeti-o...estate/review/
    Creationists aren't mad - they're possessed of demons.

Haven't seen a Yeti yet(i). Price sounds abominable.

When Apple buys the company, the products will be rebranded as iYet.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by P.I. Stazzer-Newt View Post
    I do vaguely recall reading something about it sharing the same platform as my Tigger, but we don't hear much about Skoda over here. I don't think I've ever seen one, and I don't think they're sold in Canada.

What are you doing about it?

I was given a Yeti coffee cup (travel mug) for Christmas & have to say it keeps the coffee warm longer than any other cup I've used. I'm sure it wasn't cheap, but it is high quality.

As far as stickers go - it's bad enough that clothing mfr's put easily read labels on clothes - I don't need to advertise products on my car.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    This is a liberal bashing thread aimed at a cooler company, enjoy your well made cooler and step aside. They will be on to bashing something else, probably me and you will still have something of quality that will last a long time.

Really! What a

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    I was given a Yeti coffee cup (travel mug) for Christmas & have to say it keeps the coffee warm longer than any other cup I've used. I'm sure it wasn't cheap, but it is high quality.

As far as stickers go - it's bad enough that clothing mfr's put easily read labels on clothes - I don't need to advertise products on my car.
    my coffee wouldn't last long enough to justify the high-tech mug.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    It holds 16 ounces... While it's tea this morning, it's been going for an hour.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

ummmm....

I was going to rebut the political interjection, but decided against it.

Carry on...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    Funny. I saw a yeti bumper sticker driving back from Eugene this afternoon and thought "why tf would you put that on your car." They must have just come out. The stickers, I mean.

I also have a Yeti, a soft one just small enough to be in the truck cab on road trips.

No stickers on any vehicle. Not even for Hillary.
    Sir Edmund Hillary?
    Not surprised, he was a yeti denier.

yeti... great cooler, yet it's totally worthless to 90% of the people that buy them. i wouldn't use one if you gave it to me. they're too heavy and don't hold much for their size. if all you're doing is putting beer/drinks in it and taking it to an afternoon/night event then you have wasted your money.

that being said, if you're going deep sea fishing for a week and you need ice for the trip home... yeti is what you need.

it's a status thing. i laugh at the people in north alabama with their yeti stickers. i have been meaning to email Coleman or Igloo to see if there's a sticker i can get for my window.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    I wonder if the Pelican Brand is the same that makes the flight cases I use for work?
    Yes.... it is

Good stuff

edit; http://www.pelican.com/us/en/products/coolers

look for Orca brand stuff. about the same as the yeti at half the price. (but you don't get the high status sticker for your window)

I recommend RTIC
    Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

I chose mine to fit a discrete space, and Yeti was it.

edit; For me that space is in the forepeak, and getting a loaded cooler out (through a small cabin) to recharge is a PTA.

Not in the direct sun, I keep a cover over it (my float coat or similar) it will last the entire trip now. I have tried several of the lesser varieties, soft and conventional, there is really no comparison. The Yeti had a little better rating than the Pelican.

What a great troll!
    Does a Yeti sticker mean you are a red? Sort of a "ticket to ride" through certain communities?
    Last edited by Canoeyawl; 03-12-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Yes.... it is

Good stuff

edit; http://www.pelican.com/us/en/products/coolers
    I know they can take a beating then. Flight cases on a touring show do not have an easy life, thrown off and on the truck, dragged all around the country, and taken into and out of every theatre from coast to coast by uncaring stagehands who just want to get the job done as quickly as possible so they get onto the next gig or maybe catch a small nap.. they hold up.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

There must be a, " stickers," component to current MBA or marketing curriculla. I notice many product stickers now available.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    I chose mine to fit a discrete space, and Yeti was it.

edit; For me that space is in the forepeak, and getting a loaded cooler out (through a small cabin) to recharge is a PTA.

Not in the direct sun, I keep a cover over it (my float coat or similar) it will last the entire trip now. I have tried several of the lesser varieties, soft and conventional, there is really no comparison. The Yeti had a little better rating than the Pelican.

What a great troll!
    Does a Yeti sticker mean you are a red? Sort of a "ticket to ride" through certain communities?
    did you place the sticker on Sally's bum?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    did you place the sticker on Sally's bum?
    LOL
    I embarrassed to show that thing, let alone the stickers. Sort of like giving away my 1911, the reds were lined up and they went like hotcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Sir Edmund Hillary?
    Not surprised, he was a yeti denier.
    Anti-Yetite

Never could understand the reasoning behind putting a companies sticker on your vehicle. You a paying them to advertise their product. Shouldn’t it work the other way?
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    Never could understand the reasoning behind putting a companies sticker on your vehicle. You a paying them to advertise their product. Shouldn’t it work the other way?
    I only have one sticker on my truck. It's for the 'Coots' (aka the Western Oregon Messabout Society). It advertises my 'tribe'. That's one answer

The other answer, I've already mentioned several times --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspicuous_consumption
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I agree completely, and not just when it comes to vehicles. I don't wear clothing with visible branding if I can avoid it (which I usually can, even if if I have to cut something off), and I don't even like visible branding on my car (but I'm kind of stuck with the grille and hub badges, unfortunately).

Not only do I not want a "relationship" with any brand, I kind of gag at the thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    gotta be careful with em. I went to take a sip out of one that was sitting for 20min and it was still too hot. I like this one:

i have a yeti cup (xmas gift, i wouldn't have bought it myself). it's worthless for coffee unless you like to drink one cup of coffee over a 6 hour span. 4 hours in the cup and it'll still burn your mouth off.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    gotta be careful with em. I went to take a sip out of one that was sitting for 20min and it was still too hot. I like this one:

love those mugs. Spindrift picked up from my friend Andys boat collection. She immediately recognized the quality in seconds.
    King Moonraiser:
    A toy is never truly happy until it is loved by a child.

also good for walking around carrying stuff where a regular mug would slosh and spill.

I agree completely, and not just when it comes to vehicles. I don't wear clothing with visible branding if I can avoid it (which I usually can, even if if I have to cut something off), and I don't even like visible branding on my car (but I'm kind of stuck with the grille and hub badges, unfortunately).

Not only do I not want a "relationship" with any brand, I kind of gag at the thought.
    Not much on of an option on most vehicles. I did own a second gen Toyota MR2 that I debadged. A friend of mine that worked at a sign shop made me a new set of badges that read “Barchetta”, and yes, the car was red.

And I did drive it to a Rush concert.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

The worst offender for aggressive branding is radar manufacturers.

The thought of "Raymarine" readable from 600 ft on a classic wooden yacht makes my skin crawl. I wonder if a canvas cover would affect performance.

A friend of mine that worked at a sign shop made me a new set of badges that read “Barchetta”, and yes, the car was red.

And I did drive it to a Rush concert.
    That's worth 2112 points!

That's worth 2112 points!
    you have won the internet
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Madison View Post
    The worst offender for aggressive branding is radar manufacturers.

The thought of "Raymarine" readable from 600 ft on a classic wooden yacht makes my skin crawl. I wonder if a canvas cover would affect performance.
    Took me ages to find one that said RIADA, but that's what mine says.
    No one has ever commented on it. The d wasn't straight out of the box.

We've got an RTic as well. Performs as well as a Yeti, lesser finish quality, but half the price.

I'm very happy with it.

Yeti (and all the other sticker providers) is a bit of marketing brilliance.

People don't put the sticker on their vehicle to let you know what kind of cooler, air-filter, fuel line protectant, or fly reel they have. They do it to reinforce the idea that their lifestyle warrants the need for such an item.

In my house, there's a drawer full of self-adhesive little white apples with a bite taken out of them. Most of the others that I accrue make their way to my riding lawn mower. (I'm going for a NASCAR look.)

This is the only sticker on my truck.

...and you're damn right I'm virtue signaling.
    \"A little too tall, coulda used a few pounds...\"