Thread: www.restoring46north.com

Default www.restoring46north.com

Hello fellow wooden boat lovers!

We are the proud owners of at 36’ Cape Islander named 46 North. She was built in 2000 in Nova Scotia by Cecil Heilser. Long story short, we purchased her (we are her 3rd owners) and had her hauled from Long Island, NY to Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia to be restored this spring.

Jed and I are blogging this process and will be posting more frequently once restorations begin. Check out our blog and read the story of 46 North: www.restoring46north.com

We are excited for the project and can’t wait to get 46 North back in the water this summer!

Cheers,
    Amy & Jed

Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: www.restoring46north.com

Hello, Jed & Amy; welcome to the Forum. Your boat has a good pedigree - Cecil is a good boatbuilder. You have also put it in very good hands with Billy Lutwick. I hope that I have opportunity to visit her in Billy's shop. Maybe, if you are there, we might pop over to the Mug & Anchor in Mahone Bay for a wet one; there are a number of Forumites in the area who might like to join in on an EBS.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Default Re: www.restoring46north.com

Thanks for the kind words! We will be in the area within the next few weeks. Our direct email is restoring46north@gmail.com. We would love to meet up with another Forumite. We are happy we found Bill and can't wait for 46 North to go into the shop- hopefully late April/early May! Keep in touch!