Thread: Help!

Default Help!

Hello.

Okay, well, ya see, I have not made a boat before (that is obviously why my username is "Captain Without-a-Ship :P) and I of course would like to make my own one.

Could anyone recommend an affordable something to make the boat watertight? Because I have a serious lack of experience for what is best to use (because, of course I haven't built a boat before :P).

Default Re: Help!

What are you on about? A badly built thing with great gaps between planks. A thought of something not built yet? Soemwhere in between?

No rational answer is possible without information.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    What are you on about? A badly built thing with great gaps between planks. A thought of something not built yet? Soemwhere in between?

No rational answer is possible without information.
    Ah yes, right. Obviously I should give a description of the boat. :P The build is pretty good, and the gaps between planks are about five-ish millimeters.

Since you don't know the language the only way this will get resolved will be through the use of lots of photos.

Posting photos is easy now.

Take the pic and upload it to your computer.

Click on the square "insert image" icon at the top of the reply box.

Select "From Computer".

Now click on "Select Files".

That will give you a box where you can find your photos that are on your computer.

Click on the photo you want to post. The name of the photo will appear in the box.

Click on "Upload File(s)" and wait until it is uploaded.

Click on "Post Quick Reply". The photo won't actually show full size until you post the reply.

Save these instructions for further use. Once you've done it a few of times it becomes intuitive.

And welcome! Looking forward to seeing your boat.

Welcome aboard!
    You can find some informed opinions here, but you will still need an experienced eye to examine every part of the boat. A professional survey is important for a purchase or insurance. Even before that you swill want someone knowledgeable to examine the boat. Good luck.