Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 78

Thread: Installing new Nanni engine

Default Re: Installing new Nanni engine

Quote Originally Posted by heimlaga View Post
    If I could have a thoroughly rebuilt Bukh at the cost of a new Nanni I would take the Bukh any day.

I have a Bukh DV10 which is the now discontinued little brother of yours. Now that's a motor.........
    A pity you aren't closer, I have a DV 20 free to anyone who wants it.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    A pity you aren't closer, I have a DV 20 free to anyone who wants it.
    I would like to buy that Bukh from you if you seriously have no further use for it, and wanting to have it go to a good home.

It's just the engine but without a gearbox. Gearboxes are available recon from Bukh Oz for $1400. I'm not going to be building my KG design now, life has intervened..... no regrets, well not many.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Bump...you back on house duties Rick?

Yep. Will resume soon though!

Rick

Okay, it's been a while - life gets in the way - but now it's all actually happening again.

The boat comes out of the water on 21 Nov so all must be ready if I want to avoid a big yard bill.

This is a photo of an engine template I've built to guide modification of the engine beds and the engine bay:

Engine template.jpg

I planed about 20mm off the beds to get them a little lower and I had to grave in some new Oregon to fill the voids which accommodated the old Bukh flywheel. We made up a tube to slide onto the prop shaft to give us a point in line forward of the engine and we made up a little cap for the shaft so that we could run a string line from the shaft to the forward point. This was then used to check the height and alignment of the template. The template is fairly accurate. Once the boat is out of the water, we'll remove the prop shaft and run a line right through to double check it all before we crane the engine in.

The template has two lengths of 10mm plywood sitting under the `mounts' in the photo. This is to allow for 10mm SS angle that I'm using to reinforce the beds. It'll be glued and fastened to the beds and the engine mounts will screw into the SS plates. They're 10 x 120 x 75 x 800.

Access to the old engine from the cabin was only through a very small hole which was pretty ridiculous. I enlarged it to about 600 x 250 a while ago but it's really not enough. So, just today, I've built a new hatchwasy - 600 x 460. Quite a hole in the bulkhead but with most of a very solid bulkhead remaining and a very solid bridgedeck, unaffected, I can't see a problem, and the access is terrific.

I'll post another photo once I've installed the steel beds.

Rick

It will be nice to have her heart pumping again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk