Thread: router gloat

Default router gloat

My old B+D model 2720 is a heavy awkward brute so It's been replaced with this. Half the weight, easy to maneuver, 1/4 chuck and variable speed.Lots of different bases available.

Default Re: router gloat

Nice. I bought a couple of trim routers recently, and ended up with Makitas. But only because they got good reviews, the brand is solid, and they were on sale for stupid cheap.

The Bosch is, to my mind, the best on the market.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

GOOD CALL!

made a similar choice myself when a little Bosch unit like yours turned up at the local flea mkt

& as i peruse the flea mkts, garage sales & tool section of CraigsList i keep a watchfull eye out for the "EL CHEAPO" stamped steel B&D router/jigsaw tables($5-$10)

underwhich a heavy Wally World B&D or Crapsman unit takes up permanent residence w/ a bearing guided carbide 1/4 roundover cutter

when needed for cleaning up part edges it easily comes out of it's hidey hole and gets clamped to a make shift table for duty

routers make short order of turning saw cut/drilled parts

into finished finished elements of many projects

this frees up the lighter weight HAND HELD unit for more specific tasks

cathouse willy you earned the right to gloat ;-)

sw
    "we are the people, our parents warned us about" (jb)

steve

I use and abuse three of those Colts on a daily basis, all going strong after ten years. They’re a big bang in a small package.