Thread: 1952 Wagemaker Craigslist Ad

Default 1952 Wagemaker Craigslist Ad

There's a gentleman in Pittsburgh, Pa selling a 1952 Wagemaker. He is asking $2300. I spoke to him about just the outboard and he wants $2000 for it but i can't bear to spend that much. It looks like it's been restored. If this post isn't appropriate i apologize in advance. Just thought someone might want to see it.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bo...494548513.html

Default Re: 1952 Wagemaker Craigslist Ad

He is asking too much, I think about half that is a fair price for everything. the outboard looks very clean, the boat, ..... a good bit of time (or money needed there). $2300 should give you a nice 'user' rig, ... which this isn't yet.
    Just my .002

-IF- the outboard is as good as it looks I could see $600 - 800 for it, maybe a bit more. Outboards of this genre aren't that hard to find, and lots of guys do good restoration jobs on them, so I don't think "original" condition adds that much value.

Default Re: 1952 Wagemaker Craigslist Ad

Quote Originally Posted by nedL View Post
    He is asking too much, I think about half that is a fair price for everything. the outboard looks very clean, the boat, ..... a good bit of time (or money needed there). $2300 should give you a nice 'user' rig, ... which this isn't yet.
    Just my .002

-IF- the outboard is as good as it looks I could see $600 - 800 for it, maybe a bit more. Outboards of this genre aren't that hard to find, and lots of guys do good restoration jobs on them, so I don't think "original" condition adds that much value.

Agreed