Thread: For sale in Canada

Default For sale in Canada

Just came across this ad, looks very nice
    https://www.salts.ca/site/buy-a-boat...-schooner.html
    no affiliation etc etc

Default Re: For sale in Canada

Lovely. She's about as small as makes sense, in my opinion, for the staysail rig. I'd rather a gaff foresail on her. That might have the further advantage of being able to get rid of the running back stays. And the gaff foresail's peak halyard also gives some stiffing to the jib stay. Finally, I'd at least trading the convenience of roller furling on the forestaysail for the convenience of a clubbed forestaysail when sailing. Maybe a camberspar.

But those are personal nits. The boat is most elegant.

Whatever SALTS is doing as an organization, it certainly appears to be successful.

Both are beautiful. I've been aboard both. Haven't sailed them but been aboard. Too bad I'm on the other coast.
    If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
    -Henry David Thoreau-

A beauty, and reasonably priced.

SALTS...Sail And Life Training Society....Is a loosely Christian based organization. The two Schooners on the photo are their main vessels. They also do brokerage for donated vessels or on the promise of a donation, as this add attests. Over the years a lot of young people have gained sailing experience with SALTS. They are I believe beginning the build of a new schooner, this time in steel. I am not sure how far that project is along the way. I last spoke to someone there in September.

Hard to believe only listed at $150can! Deal of a lifetime! That’s like 100k in ‘Merican dollars. 80’ slip would cost an arm and a leg every month, south of the (Canadian) border though.

Very nice