Thread: Raid boat sailing weekend Lake Belterwiede ( Netherlands) 4 , 5 and 6 mei 2018.

Default Raid boat sailing weekend Lake Belterwiede ( Netherlands) 4 , 5 and 6 mei 2018.

For the lovers of small boats with sails, poles, paddles, skulls & oars

Who will join us on a nice spring sailing weekend on de boards of Lake Belterwiede.
    In a fantastic sailing area with lakes and canals we will make several trips in our own boats
    or in the traditional “zeilpunters” the narrow oak vessels of this region.
    foto raid.jpg

Like in 2016 we were able to reserve the cosy tree shattered campsite from the ‘Vereniging de zeilpunter”.
    The site lies directly on the lakeside. Hop in the boat or dip in the lake 20 steps away from your bed or from the breakfast table.
    Spacious Tipi tents are available. Cooking the shared meals will happen in the kitchen of the Camp house on the site.
    This also provides a warm and dry shelter. Very special of this location are the included sprit sailed “punters”
    a good opportunity to save yourself the trouble of bringing your boat.
    Just try these small oak working vessels original from this area. Several pictures can be found on their website: http://www.dezeilpunter.nl

To join our event, please fill in the participation form and send it back to by Email to kingmaboltjes.bos@wxs.nl .
    The participation fee for this weekend amounts to € 55,-. You can read about the method of payment on the application form. More info call;
    Sybren Kingma Boltjes (tel. +31 620 302 385), Frank van Zoest (+31 644 424 702),

Default Re: Raid boat sailing weekend Lake Belterwiede ( Netherlands) 4 , 5 and 6 mei 2018.

Where can we find the participation form Frank?

Default Re: Raid boat sailing weekend Lake Belterwiede ( Netherlands) 4 , 5 and 6 mei 2018.

Will post it tomorrow, but you can also use Sybrens email.

DSCN5175.jpgDSCN5173.jpg A 'Friesch Jacht', the oldest one that is still sailing. This boat actually started life as a Tjotter and is by adding a heavy oak rubbing strake and, woodcarving and gold leaf changed into a Friesch Jacht.
    The Punter Centre has a number of Punters available for those who do not bring their own boat
    These boats are at the weekend!!
    Last edited by FF; 03-20-2018 at 03:18 PM.

boats that will participate in the Punterweekend
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please Take Note - I am not saying this lightly or because I am here in the northern Netherlands. Read his offer and think about it.

Frank is offering something really cool. A weekend on a sailing punt (free) with great camping and food/drink/beer/wine for 55 eros on a beautiful stretch of water. Maybe he needs to post a map up. This is the kind of thing every small boater dreams of doing. If I lived in Britain or Europe - this is one inexpensive weekend that would make your summer start with a bang.

Frank - post a map of the area. Talk about the water and the rich history as well as the significance of the boats chosen to do this sailing weekend otherwise known as the great Dutch raid. As a side note - great cheese will be served
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 03-21-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

This year heading to Norway, but would be signing in if not. Been a long time since I've been in Nederland. Dank U wel.
    Ben Fuller
    Ran Tan, Liten Kuhling, Tipsy, Tippy, Josef W., Merry Mouth, Imp, Macavity, Look Far, Flash and a quiver of other 'yaks.
    "Bound fast is boatless man."

Ted, you are right, I should show a map with this soecial cruising area. And for our Boston members: I am told that a charter flight exist so you can travel for 400 dollar from Boston to Oslo, and then to Amsterdam.
    Ben, I hope to see you here in the future
    These CY's are also participating in our Weekend. And the Le Seils, both built by Ben Ullings. If you would like to know about the colored main you better enrole.
    Last edited by FF; 03-21-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Please Take Note - I am not saying this lightly or because I am here in the northern Netherlands. Read his offer and think about it.

Frank is offering something really cool. A weekend on a sailing punt (free) with great camping and food/drink/beer/wine for 55 eros on a beautiful stretch of water. Maybe he needs to post a map up. This is the kind of thing every small boater dreams of doing. If I lived in Britain or Europe - this is one inexpensive weekend that would make your summer start with a bang.
    I'm coming, from Virginia. Got plane tickets a month or so ago, and I'm eagerly anticipating it.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DGentry View Post
    I'm coming, from Virginia. Got plane tickets a month or so ago, and I'm eagerly anticipating it.
    Dave
    Very happy for you. The recent cold may have knocked a few mosquitos out too (opt for some netting/tent anyway just in case). The numerous waterbirds should be there. The food will be good and plentiful. The boat culture will beginning to go into full swing. glad to see you are adding some american spice to share with the group.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

And Dave, you can inform us about sof construction. I've allways wanted a Proa. Frank

Next year I am in!

360 degree view of a section of Belterwiede.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Be...78!4d6.0743553

Thanks for posting the map, Ted. And next time I'll see you in a Punter, which is in 2 years time. Next year our friends will organize the Waterland Tour, a bit above Amsterdam. Recommanded, near the Zuiderzee Museum in Enkhuizen.DSC_0580.jpg This Chebacco will be there too, in Belterwiede. Her claim to fame is that Kathy Mansfield took a picture of him in the Morbihan and that came on the Cover of Watercraft. And this year I saw Kathy's name again on the list with several other illustrious names from the HBBR scene in England, one family from Ireland....many nice boats!

That would be nice!

hope you are getting the turn out this event so deserves.

We are full up now! Next edition in 2020. But there will be more events for the oar&sail guys this year. Check www.natuurlijkvaren.nl.
    Next year there will be 'The Waterland Raid', also in spring, located somewhere between Amsterdam and Enkhuizen. Venite tutti. Frank

This is really cool. Someday...
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

hhttp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/attach/jpg.gifttp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

First pictures Belterwiede weekend 2018
    Great weather, several participants brought their kids

hthttp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/attach/jpg.giftp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

More pictures of the 2018 weekend. Perhaps we found a way to get the kids on the water?

Quote Originally Posted by FF View Post
    hthttp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/attach/jpg.giftp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

More pictures of the 2018 weekend. Perhaps we found a way to get the kids on the water?
    Good times! Make sure you let us know when the next one comes around... many more will be there.

In spring 2020 we will host the Punterweekend again, and let you all know the exact date asap. In the meantime : American photographer and writer Kathy Mansfield was in the 2018 edition and her story will appear in the september issue of Watercraft, and I am looking forward to read it.