Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians

Default Re: Mueller indicts 13 Russians

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    Maybe not a winning Slogan, but an apt observation. Her only mistake there was underestimating how many deplorables there really are and how many would wear the title with pride.
    But is this not an admission of how divided you are as a nation?

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

Oversteer or understeer? For sure the tires are smoking.

Above all, our President makes it clear it's always only about him, but nothing is ever his responsibility.

What a weak whining loser. This guy's gutlessness is fast outpacing his ignorance. And that's saying a lot.

When will the Trumpers finally realize they elected a sissy?

Trump Blames Obama and Democrats for Failing to Stop Russian Meddling
    By KATIE ROGERS FEB. 18, 2018
    https://apple.news/AnGM-M9u5RHebWU0Ra7VXUA
    WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — President Trump, in a series of angry and defiant tweets on Sunday morning, sought to shift the blame to Democrats for Russia’s virtual war to meddle in the 2016 election, saying that President Barack Obama had not done enough to stop the interference and denying that he had ever suggested that Moscow might not have been involved.
    Mr. Trump, who has said little to publicly acknowledge a threat to American democracy that even one of his top aides called “incontrovertible” on Saturday, asserted that the efforts to investigate and combat the Russian meddling had only given the Russians what they wanted, saying that “they are laughing their asses off in Moscow.”
    “If it was the GOAL of Russia to create discord, disruption and chaos within the U.S. then, with all of the Committee Hearings, Investigations and Party hatred, they have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams,” Mr. Trump wrote.
    From his Florida estate, the president has spent the weekend stewing over news coverage of an indictment secured last week against more than a dozen Russians by Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel leading an investigation into the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russia.
    The indictment says that while the Russians began their scheme in 2014 with the goal of undermining the American democratic system, they eventually shifted their focus to trying to help elect Mr. Trump and disparage his opponent, Hillary Clinton.
    The president has repeatedly seized on the fact that the efforts started before he became a candidate, but has glossed over the conclusion that they evolved toward supporting his candidacy. The indictment does not assert any wrongdoing by the president or anyone affiliated with him.
    In another tweet on Sunday, Mr. Trump, who has tried since the campaign to sow doubts about who was behind the election intrusions, said that he had “never said Russia did not meddle in the election,” quoting a comment he made in a 2016 presidential debate.
    “I said ‘it may be Russia, or China or another country or group, or it may be a 400 pound genius sitting in bed and playing with his computer,” Mr. Trump wrote. “The Russian ‘hoax’ was that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia — it never did!”
    Mr. Trump also praised remarks by one of his chief antagonists, Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, that criticized Mr. Obama’s muted response to the Russian threat. But at the same time he called the congressman “the leakin’ monster of no control.”
    “Now that Adam Schiff is starting to blame President Obama for Russian meddling in the election, he is probably doing so as yet another excuse that the Democrats, lead by their fearless leader, Crooked Hillary Clinton, lost the 2016 election,” Mr. Trump wrote.
    The president in the past has traded bitter Twitter messages with Mr. Schiff, accusing him of leaking classified information from the House Intelligence Committee’s investigation into Russia’s actions.
    On Saturday, the president’s national security adviser, Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, said, referring to the Russian meddling, “With the F.B.I. indictment, the evidence is now really incontrovertible and available in the public domain.”
    In a late-night tweet on Saturday, Mr. Trump criticized General McMaster for not saying at the security conference in Germany where he was speaking that the election results had not been changed as a result of the Russian interference. The nation’s intelligence agencies believe that it is not possible to make such a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by skaraborgcraft View Post
    Best find one and ask......how should i know?

Oh, we have.... Komrade. Spill it; what’s the pay? Perks? Don’t be coy; we all recognize you for your ‘service to your country’.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Oh, we have.... Komrade. Spill it; what’s the pay? Perks? Don’t be coy; we all recognize you for your ‘service to your country’.
    Your just too sharp, theres no fooling you! How about a box of beluga and 6 bottles of Absolut a month, and the occasional hand job from my handler......i believe thats where they got the name from..no?

First honest post you’ve made.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Trump is showing that he is a spineless weak man. He will keep bleating that there is nothing to see and fewer and fewer people will pay any attention to him.
    Elect a clown expect a circus

Gates has flipped, and will plead guilty. Serving something like 18 months, in return for testifying against Manafort. Perhaps against others too.

Will be interesting to see how the pressure on Manafort affects *his* actions. Tick tock.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Those that are loyal will be pardoned.
    The question is what country will offer them asylum.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    skaraborgcraft expresses valid skepticism about a range of narratives acceptable here in the US, I don’t take it as representing a pro-Russian bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Trump is showing that he is a spineless weak man. He will keep bleating that there is nothing to see and fewer and fewer people will pay any attention to him.
    Trump has been on a hell of a tweet storm with a consistant thread of victimhood throughout, and little condemnation of the Russians program.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Trump has been on a hell of a tweet storm with a consistant thread of victimhood throughout, and little condemnation of the Russians program.
    Trump the silver spoon sucking, adulterous, PU**sy grabbing, contractor stiffing, tax evading, money laundering, victim plays well to the base I guess.

Can you believe Russia would try to influence our elections!? I'm just glad that America doesn't do that sort of thing to other countries!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    Trump the silver spoon sucking, adulterous, PU**sy grabbing, contractor stiffing, tax evading, money laundering, victim plays well to the base I guess.
    Yeah - but he's all for the common man!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Mark O. View Post
    Can you believe Russia would try to influence our elections!? I'm just glad that America doesn't do that sort of thing to other countries!
    <snort>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Yeah - but he's all for the common man!
    ]
    Yeah... and he says what he thinks.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    ]
    Yeah... and he says what he thinks.
    What? He thinks? Are you sure?

Oh - you mean he thinks well of himself. Got it.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    What? He thinks? Are you sure?

Oh - you mean he thinks well of himself. Got it.
    And badly of anything progressive. Unless the last person to catch his ear was a progressive. Most mostly not even then.

And well of any policy - no matter how simple-minded or wrong-headed that makes him look like a 'winner'.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Democrats release a list of over 3,500 Facebook ads purchased by Russians attempting to influence the 2016 election --

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/h...152800589.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/84c6b39...w-russian.html
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

is buying an ad on facebook illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    is buying an ad on facebook illegal?
    Possibly. If the intent is fraudulent or violates campaign finance law.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Possibly. If the intent is fraudulent or violates campaign finance law.

well, i'm not trying to say i don't disapprove of russia doing this crap. but have they actually done anything illegal? can they not buy advertising space on facebook that says whatever they want it to say? does it matter what the content is?

well, i'm not trying to say i don't disapprove of russia doing this crap. but have they actually done anything illegal? can they not buy advertising space on facebook that says whatever they want it to say? does it matter what the content is?
    Yes.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Lawyers for Russian company Concord Management and Consulting, LLC, formally entered a “not guilty” plea in federal court Monday in a case special counsel Robert Mueller probably never thought would happen.

Mueller, weathering significant criticism that his Russian collusion case was thin, unveiled a grandiose indictment Feb. 16 against 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies. The 13 Russians in question were charged with waging “information warfare” in the United States, interfering with the 2016 presidential election, and conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Mueller generated headlines with the February indictment, safe in the knowledge the 13 Russians were beyond U.S. jurisdiction. Therefore, there would be no trial — only sensational Russian collusion accusations.

Mueller may now have to try the case, and Concord’s lawyers have put the special counsel on notice. The Russian company’s lawyers intend to invoke “discovery” to obtain U.S. intelligence about what they knew of Russian activities.

“I guess Mueller thought it was a freebie, for sure,” former federal prosecutor Andrew C. McCarthy told The Daily Caller News Foundation after the court proceeding.

“He thought it could make this association (of Russian collusion) and it would never be challenged in court,” McCarthy, also a National Review contributing editor, said.

Concord retained the services of two attorneys at mega law firm Reed Smith, and the company is demanding a speedy trial. The lawyers indicated they were going to exercise Concord’s rights under discovery to examine all of Mueller’s “evidence” of the conspiracy.

In starting Wednesday’s trial, Eric A. Dubelier, a Reed Smith law partner, entered a “not guilty” plea in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. He also repeated his client’s interest for a “speedy trial.”

McCarthy called Mueller’s entire indictment an “unforced error.”

“One thing you never want to do is to indict in a case that you’re not prepared to try,” McCarthy said.

Mueller tried to delay Wednesday’s hearing and floated a claim Concord had not been properly served notice.

“Until the Court has an opportunity to determine if Concord was properly served, it would be inadvisable to conduct an initial appearance and arraignment at which important rights will be communicated and a plea entertained,” Mueller’s lawyers filed in federal court.

But Concord opposed the motion. “The Special Counsel is not entitled to special rules and is required like the Attorney General to follow the rules of the Court,” Dubelier stated in his response to Mueller.

U.S. District Court Judge Dabney Friedrich agreed with Concord and rejected Mueller’s request for a delay in the trial without comment, which led to Wednesday’s arraignment.

Concord wants a “speedy trial” as provided by federal law, the company’s lawyers also repeated Wednesday. The case will resume July 9.

It is the second legal headache for Mueller in two weeks. Last week, federal Judge T.S. Ellis, III, a Reagan appointee, threatened to throw out the special counsel’s indictment of Paul Manafort since the charges against President Donald Trump’s former campaign manager did not relate to any charges of Russian collusion. Instead, the charges were tied to banking activities that went as far back as 2005 — more than a decade before Trump announced his intention to run for president.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/09/ru...irst-casualty/
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Yes.

i just don't see what they can possibly do about any of this.

Mueller, He's A Go-Get-'Em Guy for the U.S.A. on a Treason Trail That Leads Half-a-World Away!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

i just don't see what they can possibly do about any of this.
    The charges and fines might wind up being made against organizations like Facebook and others that sold the advertising if it can be shown that foreign money purchased advertising intended for political purposes. You're already seeing *some* proactive changes from these organizations as they struggle to get ahead of the narrative. They don't want to be constrained by regulation, which may be coming as a result of the advertising and manipulation of the previous election by intelligence agencies in Russia.
    -William A. Ward

The charges and fines might wind up being made against organizations like Facebook and others that sold the advertising if it can be shown that foreign money purchased advertising intended for political purposes. You're already seeing *some* proactive changes from these organizations as they struggle to get ahead of the narrative. They don't want to be constrained by regulation, which may be coming as a result of the advertising and manipulation of the previous election by intelligence agencies in Russia.

i just wonder if it would even be possible to contain this kind of stuff. how much man power and computer power is it going to take to run down every single meme that gets posted on the internet to see who paid for it or where it came from?

i just wonder if it would even be possible to contain this kind of stuff. how much man power and computer power is it going to take to run down every single meme that gets posted on the internet to see who paid for it or where it came from?
    Yeah, I think so. Computers can screen it all and have humans look at what's necessary. It's not as much work as you think. Facebook has just put a system in place to verify all ads with secondary confirmation to limit the problem.
    -William A. Ward