Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians

Default Mueller indicts 13 Russians

Thirteen Russian individuals and 3 Russian entities inducted for interference in the 2016 election. To support Trump and disparage Clinton, among other things. That as per count 6 in the indictment.

Hmmm. Hoax, anyone?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Default Re: Mueller indicts 13 Russians

I am at Wilmer Hale today. The lawyers are rejoining thier partner Mueller has begun his dragnet.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Special counsel Robert Mueller said a grand jury had indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities for alleged interference in the 2016 presidential election.
    The defendants allegedly conducted "information warfare" against the United States election process to help Donald Trump win.
    The defendants used fake American personas, social media platforms, and other Internet media to advance their scheme, according to an indictment.
    A federal grand jury has indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities for alleged interference in the 2016 presidential elections, during which they boosted the candidacy of Donald Trump, according to special counsel Robert Mueller.
    The indictment says that a Russian organization called the Internet Research Agency sought to wage "information warfare" against the United States by using fictitious American personas and social media platforms and other Internet-based media.
    By early to mid-2016, the indictment charges, the defendants were "supporting the presidential campaign of then-candidate Donald J. Trump ... and disparaging Hillary Clinton."

The White House had no immediate comment on the indictments.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

The White House will tweet "fake news" as usual.

Trump's lawyers ready case against Mueller interview! -- per Fox News
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --

Lock him up!
    (Trump, not Mueller)

I especially enjoyed this part.....

In other words, someone used an internet cafe, or perhaps bought a laptop at Walmart, but your justice department does a good job of twisting language to suit its purpose.
    As your CIA and other NGO spend in excess of a billion $ inside of Russia to influence people, i think this has been a complete flop from the outset.

They will, but it doesn't work now.

Very bright of Mueller to first indict Russians only, establishing the means of their influence racket, and the funding patterns etc. Not to mention the specific goals of helping Trump and hurting Clinton. This is now a matter of public record, and not something denials by Internet trolls or Trump's surrogate army.

The American side of the indictment roster will follow once the Russian malfeasance is firmly accepted. When participation in it is clearly participation with a foreign power to advance their candidate's fortunes

On the upside, I cannot now imagine a Congress which would not act to preserve Mueller's investigation if threatened somehow by the White House.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by skaraborgcraft View Post

In other words, someone used an internet cafe, or perhaps bought a laptop at Walmart, but your justice department does a good job of twisting language to suit its purpose.
    As your CIA and other NGO spend in excess of a billion $ inside of Russia to influence people, i think this has been a complete flop from the outset.

that sounds a little more like reality.

So far......

No collusion! No Collusion!

...... but the Fat Lady hasn't started to sing!

Skip

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    So far......

No collusion! No Collusion!

...... but the Fat Lady hasn't started to sing!

She'a just loosening up her vocal chords!

Sounds somewhat familiar. (https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/polit...ion/index.html)
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

If you are well funded there is a lot more than that one can do. You're thinking is on the small side.
    Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    They will, but it doesn't work now.

Very bright of Mueller to first indict Russians only, establishing the means of their influence racket, and the funding patterns etc. Not to mention the specific goals of helping Trump and hurting Clinton. This is now a matter of public record, and not something denials by Internet trolls or Trump's surrogate army.

The American side of the indictment roster will follow once the Russian malfeasance is firmly accepted. When participation in it is clearly participation with a foreign power to advance their candidate's fortunes

On the upside, I cannot now imagine a Congress which would not act to preserve Mueller's investigation if threatened somehow by the White House.
    Heard this after the Manaforte, after the Poplopolous (what ever his name was), after the various subpoenas, after Bannon's testimony, etc, etc, etc. Trump's indictment is always next. Still waiting.....

Breaking news:

Deputy attorney general says no American knowingly participated
    Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein described an alleged scheme by Russian nationals and entities including the Internet Research Agency to conduct “information warfare” against the US to sow distrust against political candidates and the US political system.
    “There is no allegation in this indictment that any American had any knowledge, and the nature of the scheme was that the defendants took extraordinary steps to make it appear that they were ordinary American political activists, even going as so far as to base their activities on a virtual private network here in the United States if anybody traced it back to their first jump they appeared to be Americans,” Rosenstein said.
    That Rosenstein, just trying to undercut Mueller's next move.

Will a second indictment incorporate the word "collusion"?

There is no allegation in this indictment that any American had any knowledge...
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    There is no allegation in this indictment that any American had any knowledge...

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Not quite.......Knowlngly had knowledge! There's the catch. Apparently, Donnie, Jr. and Kellyane copied some put out by Russians and passed them on. Both of these blowhards were mentioned specifically. The question is, did they pass this on KNOWINGLY? Currently, supposedly not.Both are dumber than bricks!

Your boy is toast and so is the red party that attempts to lie for him.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

So why didnt Trump sign for the sanctions to go through?

Deputy attorney general says no American knowingly participated
    Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein described an alleged scheme by Russian nationals and entities including the Internet Research Agency to conduct “information warfare” against the US to sow distrust against political candidates and the US political system.
    “There is no allegation in this indictment that any American had any knowledge, and the nature of the scheme was that the defendants took extraordinary steps to make it appear that they were ordinary American political activists, even going as so far as to base their activities on a virtual private network here in the United States if anybody traced it back to their first jump they appeared to be Americans,” Rosenstein said.
    I believe that Rosenstein was referring to the VERY broad program and plan by Russia to undermine confidence and trust in the American electoral process, which was the object of one specific part of the investigative process... I don't think that Rosenstein was trying to 'signal' anything about the specific accusations about possible and/or alleged collusion by the Trump campaign. We will have to wait for the next shoe to drop.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    So why didnt Trump sign for the sanctions to go through?
    Had no option, would make him look guilty which I suspect, he actually is. The vote for sanctions were overwhelmingly in favor.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    The White House had no immediate comment on the indictments.
    Trump's silence and denial of Russian involvement may be nothing more than his own ego refusing to admit that anyone other than himself is responsible for his election victory, but it sure does make him look guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    I believe that Rosenstein was referring to the VERY broad program and plan by Russia to undermine confidence and trust in the American electoral process, which was the object of one specific part of the investigative process... I don't think that Rosenstein was trying to 'signal' anything about the specific accusations about possible and/or alleged collusion by the Trump campaign. We will have to wait for the next shoe to drop.
    So, it cannot be trusted, so where is the problem?
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Yea, but would Mueller had put this language into the indictment if he was planning on indictments of Trump campaign officials colluding with these folks:

"Some defendants, posing as US persons and without revealing their Russian association, communicated with unwitting individuals associated with the Trump campaign."

Now, my best guess is that if the plan was for further indictments of actual Trump campaign officials, he would not say they were "unwitting" in this indictment. It certainly would not help his case to prove they were guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Again, still waiting on those collusion indictments of Trump/Trump campaign officials..... I will add the italicized portion, even though we all know that is what I have been saying since the Mueller appointment and that is what you guys have been predicting.

Quote Originally Posted by peb View Post
    Yea, but would Mueller had put this language into the indictment if he was planning on indictments of Trump campaign officials colluding with these folks:

"Some defendants, posing as US persons and without revealing their Russian association, communicated with unwitting individuals associated with the Trump campaign."

Now, my best guess is that if the plan was for further indictments of actual Trump campaign officials, he would not say they were "unwitting" in this indictment. It certainly would not help his case to prove they were guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Again, still waiting on those collusion indictments of Trump/Trump campaign officials..... I will add the italicized portion, even though we all know that is what I have been saying since the Mueller appointment and that is what you guys have been predicting.
    This investigation is STILL ongoing! That's what you need to know!

Quote Originally Posted by peb View Post

You are making an unsupportable assumption: that this indictment, and the text and delivery of Rosenstein's announcement, should be taken to mean that it applies to anything and everything not yet revealed about potential future indictments.

This indictment is specific to the 13 individuals named, and the evidence against THEM. Maybe THEY are not related or associated to any alleged collusion which may or may not be revealed in the future.

Clearly, there is more to come, and it would be absurd to presume that anything revealed today is necessarily related to stuff which has not YET been revealed.

Sure, peb, we haven't seen any indictable evidence.... not yet. It may, or may not, come.... but you and I have NO basis to say whether it will, or not. You're trying to 'read' into Rosenstein's announcement, stuff which is not yet in evidence.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Bottom line, as I've said before, if you voted for Trump, you were duped and used as a pawn and a fool. And at this point if you continue to defend that vote, you are even more of a fool.

Tactically, it's brilliant. Politically, shrewd.

If this is a battle of wits, Trump is certain to lose.
    We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! óCole Porter

I would never want to play chess with Mueller. I was decent in HS and College, but I bet I would be done in less than half a dozen moves

They operated with a monthly budget of as much as $1.25m (£890,000) - You can buy a few laptops and cups of coffee with that
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43092085
    Somewhere between Murder and Suicide, there is a place called Merseyside.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip-skiff View Post

If this is a battle of wits, Trump is certain to lose.
    Well, he is certainly out gunned!
    Skip

Are we ready to admit yet that Trump/Pence were not duly elected? Can we have a do over and unseat all those judges?