Thread: When is it time ?

Default When is it time ?

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Default Re: When is it time ?

It will never be time as long as the NRA keeps the checks flowing and the country keeps electing the recipients and now it looks like Putin is helping fund the NRA.

What? The Russians? bobbys and Daniel will be along soon to tell us it's all Obama's fault.

For a sense of history on US gun laws, how guns can be legally traced and the dedication of FBI gun tracing team, check this link: https://www.gq.com/story/inside-fede...-too-many-guns

If it wasn't time after Sandy Hook, it never will be.
    Unless of course as I have said before, that such an event occurs in a legislature and the victims are politicians. Then watch the feathers fly!

Not likely to happen. Even though our legislatures are fine with firearms in just about every location, including schools, they are barred from the legislature buildings. In NC you get arrested for carrying a sign on the people's legislature property.
    Tom L

I have said this before, and been castigated for it, but...

America is broken, and Americans are spending too much time and effort looking for someone to blame, and not enough time and effort on looking for a solution.

And I will add,

Cures for deadly diseases often cause pain to the patient, but the end result is a healthy patient. Virtually unrestricted personal weaponry is a disease that is adversely affecting America. Curing that disease will cause pain to some Americans, but the result of curing the disease will result in a stronger and healthier America. But somebody has to hurt for the cure to be effective.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    What? The Russians? bobbys and Daniel will be along soon to tell us it's all Obama's fault.

I dont even gave to bother to reply anymore when i have peeps do it for me .

Mostly behind my back..

Bet you would love me posting for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    Is it too soon to discuss? Maybe we should just talk about it later.
    For the UTA, it's much later.

For Columbine, it's later.

For Red Lake, Minnesota, it's later.

For Virginia Tech, it's also later.

For Sandy Hook, it's now later.

We can't afford for it to be any later.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    I have said this before, and been castigated for it, but...

America is broken, and Americans are spending too much time and effort looking for someone to blame, and not enough time and effort on looking for a solution.

And I will add,

Cures for deadly diseases often cause pain to the patient, but the end result is a healthy patient. Virtually unrestricted personal weaponry is a disease that is adversely affecting America. Curing that disease will cause pain to some Americans, but the result of curing the disease will result in a stronger and healthier America. But somebody has to hurt for the cure to be effective.
    The real disease is not the guns. That's just a symptom. The real disease is that Americans no longer think of themselves as being part of a greater whole. They don't buy guns to hunt. They buy guns to protect themselves from the boogie man who seldom comes. They want theirs and are confident that the statistics on gun deaths don't apply to them. They want, they push aside, they fear, and they take. It's the breakdown of society that is the real disease.

thx for posting that Joe.

You may well be right, CW, but removing guns from society will be easier and cheaper than removing a paranoid psychosis from society. Remove the tools of destruction first, then remove the need for the tools of destruction.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    You may well be right, CW, but removing guns from society will be easier and cheaper than removing a paranoid psychosis from society. Remove the tools of destruction first, then remove the need for the tools of destruction.
    No doubt. When the number of people who use guns as a threat to others is really very small and the harm they do is so terrible, trying to heal society is inadequate. The few will always leak through to do their harm. However, we also can't fix the underlying problem that has so many manifestations until we see it and address it. Our screwed up tax system is also a symptom of the problem. The alienation of our police and by our police is as well. Add to that road rage, racism, misogyny, xenophobia, and a host of other symptoms and you find a society that is diseased.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    If it wasn't time after Sandy Hook, it never will be.
    Unless of course as I have said before, that such an event occurs in a legislature and the victims are politicians. Then watch the feathers fly!
    Nothing after this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_C...eball_shooting
    We don't know how lucky we are....

We need the facts, it’s too soon without the facts.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...the-facts-guns

Congress, Ryan said in a radio interview, needs to “take a breath and collect the facts.” The Republican leader added, “We don’t just knee-jerk before we even have all the facts and the data.”

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    We need the facts, it’s too soon without the facts.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...the-facts-guns

Congress, Ryan said in a radio interview, needs to “take a breath and collect the facts.” The Republican leader added, “We don’t just knee-jerk before we even have all the facts and the data.”
    Unless, of course, it’s tax reform.
    \"A little too tall, coulda used a few pounds...\"