Thread: Changes to the Chebacco 25

Default Changes to the Chebacco 25

I am leaning more and more to building the Chebacco with a couple of potential modifications that I would run by a boat designer. Consider off setting the centerboard to allow for better accommodations. Also, I've been going over all the "back issues" on the chebacco's owners site and want to incorporate some of the changes that were made to the 20 foot version... a partially balanced rudder, and the addition of a bridge deck just aft of the companionway (better stowage below), and enlarge the rig a bit/maybe switch to a high peaked lug like the Sharpie 600.
    The cure for everything is saltwater - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Default Re: Changes to the Chebacco 25

Quote Originally Posted by McKee View Post
    I am leaning more and more to building the Chebacco with a couple of potential modifications that I would run by a boat designer. Consider off setting the centerboard to allow for better accommodations. Also, I've been going over all the "back issues" on the chebacco's owners site and want to incorporate some of the changes that were made to the 20 foot version... a partially balanced rudder, and the addition of a bridge deck just aft of the companionway (better stowage below), and enlarge the rig a bit/maybe switch to a high peaked lug like the Sharpie 600.
    I built an enlarged sail for a 20 ft Chebacco, I think about 20 m instead of 14 or 15 m. The boat could have it but it was not necessary. Later we cut it down and it is now easier to handle and speed is still good
    Www.oarandsail.nl
    Last edited by FF; 02-14-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Default Re: Changes to the Chebacco 25

What a grand project, one I have been thoroughly tempted by myself. I was inspired to revisit the Chebacco.com site and this glorious photo of the 25 footer.

Last edited by snaildrake; 02-14-2018 at 07:08 PM. Reason: minor text edit