Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 39

Thread: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    5,293

    Default Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Why?

    Thirty to 40 White House officials and administration political appointees are still operating without full security clearances, including senior adviser to President Donald Trump Jared Kushner and -- until recently -- White House staffer Rob Porter, according to a US official and a source familiar with the situation.
    Skip

    ---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Entry Level
    Posts
    15,530

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Because they can't get them?
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    This week, it is Robert E. Lee and this week, Stonewall Jackson. Is it George Washington next? You have to ask yourself, where does it stop?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    52,962

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Because they can't get them?
    Apparently, they don't care if they don't. As I understand this, the FBI can give the WH the results of an inquiry. They may make a suggestion but, bottom line, the WH has the last word on who gets clearance or not. I beginning to sense that the FBI is wasting its time if Trump et al have already made up their minds.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    The FBI director just confirmed the Whitehouse is lying about Porter's security clearance, evidently it was done last summer.

    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.slate...ob-porter.html

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    5,293

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    The FBI director just confirmed the Whitehouse is lying about Porter's security clearance, evidently it was done last summer.

    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.slate...ob-porter.html
    must by why the press briefing is late!
    Skip

    ---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    52,962

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    The FBI director just confirmed the Whitehouse is lying about Porter's security clearance, evidently it was done last summer.

    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.slate...ob-porter.html
    Again this fall and a third time in Feb when they sent new info to the WH.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg MB
    Posts
    15,662

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    The FBI director just confirmed the Whitehouse is lying about Porter's security clearance, evidently it was done last summer.
    I'm sure that's going to help their reputation with the Trumpster fire.

    What are you doing about it?




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    46,310

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    There would be some doubt that Donald could get one himself, all else is irrelevant. A waste of man hours.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    43,023

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    why? because loyalty to the lying Trump is valued very highly.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mountain lakes of Vermont
    Posts
    10,165

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Why? Because the boot licking lackies that Trump hires are unqualified and highly suspicious characters.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Central MA
    Posts
    6,527

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Why? Because the Russian government bureaucracy moves very slowly.

    What's so funny about peace love & understanding?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    24,482

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianY View Post
    Why? Because the Russian government bureaucracy moves very slowly.
    .

    I thought libs said wait untill mueller has finished.

    This is what gives more ammo the whole thing is a fraud....

    But thanks for being honest about it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    5,293

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    .

    I thought libs said wait untill mueller has finished.

    This is what gives more ammo the whole thing is a fraud....

    But thanks for being honest about it.
    Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?
    Skip

    ---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    24,482

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    comments.
    Obama Aide Was Busted For Taking Upskirt Photos Of Women Around DC
    Daily Caller ^ | February 13, 2018 | by Derek Hunter
    Posted on 2/13/2018, 11:23:01 AM by b4its2late
    An official in Barack Obama’s White House resigned in 2016 because he was arrested for taking pictures up women’s skirts on DC Metrorail cars, according to the Daily Mail.
    The official, William Mendoza, was the executive director of the White House Initiative on American Indian and Alaska Native Education until he resigned in November 2016. Mendoza was convicted after pleading guilty in January 2017 to attempted voyeurism, a misdemeanor.
    According to the Daily Mail, he used his government-issued iPhone — during work hours — to take the photos and resigned as the Department of Education was readying an investigation into his behavior.
    He also allegedly viewed a video on his phone of a woman undressing in a changing room in a clothing store.
    Mendoza, 42, described by the paper as married and a father, was earning $140,000 in his Executive Branch position. The judge handed down a 90-day suspended sentence and a $100 fine.
    Mendoza’s lawyer, Paul Kiyonaga, told the Daily Mail his client received treatment after the arrest and just wants to move on with his life. “He’s received treatment for the underlying issues that gave rise to this incident, and, with the strong support of his family, is moving forward productively with his life,” the lawyer said.
    In 2016, a Native American from Oklahoma accused Mendoza of assaulting him because he was wearing a Washington Redskins shirt.
    The inspector general for the Department of Education recommended he be barred from any further government employment.
    The position of executive director of the White House Initiative on American Indian and Alaska Native Education is a senior position requiring appointment by the president.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    5,293

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?
    Skip

    ---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    5,293

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    comments.
    Obama Aide Was Busted For Taking Upskirt Photos Of Women Around DC
    Daily Caller ^ | February 13, 2018 | by Derek Hunter
    Posted on 2/13/2018, 11:23:01 AM by b4its2late
    An official in Barack Obama’s White House resigned in 2016 because he was arrested for taking pictures up women’s skirts on DC Metrorail cars, according to the Daily Mail.
    The official, William Mendoza, was the executive director of the White House Initiative on American Indian and Alaska Native Education until he resigned in November 2016. Mendoza was convicted after pleading guilty in January 2017 to attempted voyeurism, a misdemeanor.
    According to the Daily Mail, he used his government-issued iPhone — during work hours — to take the photos and resigned as the Department of Education was readying an investigation into his behavior.
    He also allegedly viewed a video on his phone of a woman undressing in a changing room in a clothing store.
    Mendoza, 42, described by the paper as married and a father, was earning $140,000 in his Executive Branch position. The judge handed down a 90-day suspended sentence and a $100 fine.
    Mendoza’s lawyer, Paul Kiyonaga, told the Daily Mail his client received treatment after the arrest and just wants to move on with his life. “He’s received treatment for the underlying issues that gave rise to this incident, and, with the strong support of his family, is moving forward productively with his life,” the lawyer said.
    In 2016, a Native American from Oklahoma accused Mendoza of assaulting him because he was wearing a Washington Redskins shirt.
    The inspector general for the Department of Education recommended he be barred from any further government employment.
    The position of executive director of the White House Initiative on American Indian and Alaska Native Education is a senior position requiring appointment by the president.

    Your point?

    Really the daily caller?

    Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?
    Skip

    ---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    52,962

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    comments.
    Obama Aide Was Busted For Taking Upskirt Photos Of Women Around DC
    Daily Caller ^ | February 13, 2018 | by Derek Hunter
    Posted on 2/13/2018, 11:23:01 AM by b4its2late
    An official in Barack Obama’s White House resigned in 2016 because he was arrested for taking pictures up women’s skirts on DC Metrorail cars, according to the Daily Mail.
    The official, William Mendoza, was the executive director of the White House Initiative on American Indian and Alaska Native Education until he resigned in November 2016. Mendoza was convicted after pleading guilty in January 2017 to attempted voyeurism, a misdemeanor.
    According to the Daily Mail, he used his government-issued iPhone — during work hours — to take the photos and resigned as the Department of Education was readying an investigation into his behavior.
    He also allegedly viewed a video on his phone of a woman undressing in a changing room in a clothing store.
    Mendoza, 42, described by the paper as married and a father, was earning $140,000 in his Executive Branch position. The judge handed down a 90-day suspended sentence and a $100 fine.
    Mendoza’s lawyer, Paul Kiyonaga, told the Daily Mail his client received treatment after the arrest and just wants to move on with his life. “He’s received treatment for the underlying issues that gave rise to this incident, and, with the strong support of his family, is moving forward productively with his life,” the lawyer said.
    In 2016, a Native American from Oklahoma accused Mendoza of assaulting him because he was wearing a Washington Redskins shirt.
    The inspector general for the Department of Education recommended he be barred from any further government employment.
    The position of executive director of the White House Initiative on American Indian and Alaska Native Education is a senior position requiring appointment by the president.
    Figured you would read this garbage bobbys!Funny, two aids in Trump's Administration just quit doing way more than this!

  18. #18

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    comments.
    Obama Aide Was Busted For Taking Upskirt Photos Of Women Around DC
    Daily Caller ^ | February 13, 2018 | by Derek Hunter
    Posted on 2/13/2018, 11:23:01 AM by b4its2late
    An official in Barack Obama’s White House resigned in 2016 because he was arrested for taking pictures up women’s skirts on DC Metrorail cars, according to the Daily Mail.
    The official, William Mendoza, was the executive director of the White House Initiative on American Indian and Alaska Native Education until he resigned in November 2016. Mendoza was convicted after pleading guilty in January 2017 to attempted voyeurism, a misdemeanor.
    According to the Daily Mail, he used his government-issued iPhone — during work hours — to take the photos and resigned as the Department of Education was readying an investigation into his behavior.
    He also allegedly viewed a video on his phone of a woman undressing in a changing room in a clothing store.
    Mendoza, 42, described by the paper as married and a father, was earning $140,000 in his Executive Branch position. The judge handed down a 90-day suspended sentence and a $100 fine.
    Mendoza’s lawyer, Paul Kiyonaga, told the Daily Mail his client received treatment after the arrest and just wants to move on with his life. “He’s received treatment for the underlying issues that gave rise to this incident, and, with the strong support of his family, is moving forward productively with his life,” the lawyer said.
    In 2016, a Native American from Oklahoma accused Mendoza of assaulting him because he was wearing a Washington Redskins shirt.
    The inspector general for the Department of Education recommended he be barred from any further government employment.
    The position of executive director of the White House Initiative on American Indian and Alaska Native Education is a senior position requiring appointment by the president.
    Prime candidate for the Trump administration, he the president should get along famously.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    5,293

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    do...
    Yeah I caught my mistake, but I figured I'd let someone correct me! It gives joy and that is why I'm here .... that and to... fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...
    Skip

    ---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    24,449

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    By the Washington Post's Jennifer Rubin:

    The Post reports:

    FBI Director Christopher A. Wray on Tuesday contradicted the White Houseís account of when the bureau informed officials about the status of a senior aideís security-clearance investigation.

    White House officials said that they were first contacted in the summer by the FBI about senior aide Rob Porterís clearance. They also said that the investigation was never completed and that they did not know the extent of the allegations against Porter. He stepped down last week after accusations of spousal abuse by his two ex-wives.

    But Wray, testifying before the Senate Intelligence Committee, said the FBI submitted a partial report on his clearance in March and that the investigation was completed in July.

    In other words, it looks like the cover story the White House has concocted is false.

    We, along with most of the media, have observed an unusual degree of incoherence and inconsistency in the White House explanation for Rob Porterís continued access to confidential material and his eventual termination. Now it appears that for days Chief of Staff John F. Kelly and his subordinates misled the American people, and perhaps the president, in making it appear that Porter still had the potential to be granted a final clearance. This is false, raising the question as to why, knowing that he could not qualify for such a clearance, Porter would be kept on and given continued access (we presume) to top classified material.

    If not outright lying, Kellyís handling of this smacks of sheer incompetence. Was he covering up for his unwise decision to keep around an accused wife abuser? Did Kelly defy the normal security clearance process to protect not only Porter but also Jared Kushner and others who cannot qualify for the necessary clearance? We donít know, but it is hard to argue that Kelly at this point, particularly if he intentionally misled the country, should be permitted to remain.

    In a normal administration, Kelly likely would have been fired by now. In this White House, we donít know if Trump had approved Porter remaining on and therefore consented to the Kelly cover-up or whether the president was bamboozled along with the rest of the country. If Kelly remains, the former explanation becomes more plausible ó and more reprehensible.

    At this point, Congress should take the unusual step of requiring Kelly to come testify, whether or not Trump fires him. He needs to answer, behind closed doors if need be:

    How did Porter keep his job without the appropriate clearance?

    Did they understand the security risk (e.g., blackmail) in allowing Porter to remain?

    How many others denied permanent clearance in the White House have closed files but retain access to classified material?

    Did Trump approve these security arrangements?

    Why was Kushner denied clearance? Was it related to his inexplicable failures to disclose Russia-related financial material and meetings?

    Hillary Clinton sure has reason to wonder why her home email server was such a to-do while this White House allows, presumably, a slew of characters with questionable backgrounds access to our nationís secrets. Isnít it time for Trump to come clean and then justify why his White House plays fast and loose with our nationís secrets?

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...l_popns&wpmm=1
    "hahah, i'll laugh it up and troll it around in here for a few days... but i don't really care." -- AlanMc

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,346

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Third White House official resigns after being told he wouldn’t qualify for full clearance..

    National Economic Council official George David Banks departed amid increasing scrutiny of the Trump administration's decision to let multiple staffers work on interim clearances.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...earance-409246
    Somewhere between Murder and Suicide, there is a place called Merseyside.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    83,213

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    FBI Director Christopher A. Wray on Tuesday contradicted the White Houseís account
    wray is next on the chopping block
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    52,962

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    wray is next on the chopping block
    Before Kelly?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    5,293

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    "Banks said he was told that his clearance would not be granted because he admitted to smoking marijuana in 2013."

    Damn - tuff crowd!!!!!
    Skip

    ---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    43,023

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    do...skip...do
    twice I didn’t notice it.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Northfield, NJ, USA
    Posts
    397

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    Figured you would read this garbage bobbys!Funny, two aids in Trump's Administration just quit doing way more than this!
    Bobbys is good for "whataboutisms"

    And yes, Bobbys, that is one of the few scandals in the Obama white house in 8 years. There have been how many in Trumps in one year alone?

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    24,449

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Of course this problem of the many White House staffers working without a full security clearance inevitably brings the focus onto Trump's son-in-law.

    Protecting Jared Kushner is the reason Trump's men are unwilling to insist that others follow George David Banks' lead. It is why they did not force out Rob Porter long ago.
    "hahah, i'll laugh it up and troll it around in here for a few days... but i don't really care." -- AlanMc

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    46,310

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    There would be some doubt that Donald could get one himself, all else is irrelevant. A waste of man hours.
    I quote myself…...

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    24,449

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    From The New York Times:

    People familiar with the security clearance process in Mr. Trump's White House said it was widely acknowledged among senior aides that raising questions about unresolved vetting issues in a staff member's background would implicitly reflect on Mr. Kushner's status, as well - a situation made more awkward because Mr. Kushner is married to the president's daughter Ivanka.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 02-14-2018 at 05:23 PM.
    "hahah, i'll laugh it up and troll it around in here for a few days... but i don't really care." -- AlanMc

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    N. Fal on Cape Cod
    Posts
    15,294

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Why can't SKIP spell "do"?
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

    Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    5,293

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    Why can't SKIP spell "do"?

    Please see post #20 for additional details
    Skip

    ---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tuckahoe
    Posts
    7,710

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    From The New York Times:
    From The New York Times:


    People familiar with the security clearance process in Mr. Trump's White House said it was widely acknowledged among senior aides that raising questions about unresolved vetting issues in a staff member's background would implicitly reflect on Mr. Kushner's status, as well - a situation made more ackward because Mr. Kushner is married to the president's daughter Ivanka.


    This is the principal very simply. Jared Kushner cannot get a security clearance (because he is a billion dollars in debt) so no one will get one. The other reason is that those of good reputation are not willing be tarnished by this misadministration so they are left with the dregs.
    Steve Martinsen

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Freeland, WA
    Posts
    25,636

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    You FOOLS who voted for the Klown Kar Kavalcade...
    Gerard>
    ​Freeland, WA

    Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tuckahoe
    Posts
    7,710

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    No one can spell du like Skip spells doo.

    No one can spell no one like Emily spells no one.
    Steve Martinsen

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    5,293

    Default Re: Why due so many White House aides advisors not have full security clearances?

    I've only recently arrived on your planet and your language nuances still baffle me!
    Skip

    ---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •