Thread: New America Sweetheart

Default New America Sweetheart

Chloe Kim!!

What a nice young lady and super athlete!

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Default Re: New America Sweetheart

Oh dear, another immigrant! Just what Trump wants, no drive, no desire, not even a job and she's not white!

Seriously, Congrats young lady!

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    Oh dear, another immigrant!
    Correction! She is not an immigrant. She was born in Long beach, CA 17 years ago.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    Correction! She is not an immigrant. She was born in Long beach, CA 17 years ago.
    PICKY,PICKY The daughter of immigrants. Trump would just say, close enough!

I like the racing events in skiing and skating.

This guy is my new hero:

What a day for Norway’s skiathlon team.

Norway, a dominant force in cross-country skiing, was a heavy favorite for the medal stand before Sunday’s skiathlon event at the PyeongChang Olympics. But Simen Hegstad Krüger, fresh off a World Cup win in December, saw his hopes dashed early in the race.

Or so it seemed.

Krüger fell shortly after the start of Sunday’s race and got piled up with Russia’s Denis Spitsov and Andrey Larkov. He broke his pole. He was in last place in a field of 68 competitors.

A little more than an hour later, Krüger found himself first across the finish line cheering on teammates Martin Johnsrud Sundby and Hans Christer Holund to complete a Norway sweep of the men’s skiathlon podium.

View photos
    Simen Hegstad Krüger waits for Norway teammates Martin Johnsrud Sundby and Hans Christer Holund at the finish line. (Getty)

“I thought it was over,” Krüger told reporters. “They pushed hard at the start too and I was just hoping that no one would go hard at the front in the wind. I had to keep pushing and hoping that it would calm down and then, all of a sudden, I was back up with them again.

“I was completely last in the group so I had to start the race again and switch focus to catch up with the guys. When I did it, I was saying to myself, ‘okay, take one lap, two laps, three laps and just get into it again, and try to do it on the final lap.'”

Simen Hegstad Krüger, 7, at the bottom of the pile after an early crash during Sunday’s skiathlon. (Reuters)

After digging a 36-second hole with the fall, Krüger managed to catch up and pass the pack on the penultimate lap and take a 20 second-lead over the field. His teammates eventually closed the gap, but his time of 1 hour, 16 minutes and 20 seconds was eight seconds better than Sundby, who took silver.

“It is an indescribable feeling,” Krüger said. “It is an amazing day, but it started in the worst possible way with the fall after the first 100 metres and a broken pole.”
    He fell because someone behind him accidentally stepped on his ski. Not only did he fall, someone behind him jabbed the top of his head with a ski pole.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 02-13-2018 at 10:26 AM.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

It seems the snowboarders are a force here. I'm also glad the American one person Luge who crashed is okay. My hat is off to all our athletes win or lose!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post

He fell because someone behind him accidentally stepped on his ski. Not only did he fall, someone behind him jabbed the top of his head with a ski pole.
    Haven't you seen the medal tally board. That is the only way to stop those damn Norwegians. They have been crushing it!
    Skip

Quote Originally Posted by s.v. Airlie View Post
    picky,picky the daughter of immigrants. Trump would just say, close enough!

Tds.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

Tds.
    To you, I call him a bigot and a racist. He speaks with forked tongue and his actions don't jibe with his lips.

I thought this would be about Maame Biney.

^ Miss Biney is the most contagiously happy person I've seen in a long time.
    Вещи меняются 6 ноября.

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    To you, I call him a bigot and a racist. He speaks with forked tongue and his actions don't jibe with his lips.

Must be a strange world to go around ranting about trump regardless of any context.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

Must be a strange world to go around ranting about trump regardless of any context.
    I live on earth, you're visiting from Pluto! Hope you have your green card!