Thread: Photographic art - character portaits in B&W

Default Photographic art - character portaits in B&W

Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Default Re: Photographic art - character portaits in B&W

Not technically a portrait.... but I've always been fascinated by this image. One of Dad's photos taken during his 4+ years as a prisoner of war. I'm assuming these are Russian PoWs. Sorry about the quality... it's from a tiny print that I scanned

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Another one that's typical of generic portrait art of the 1940s. This is Dad's war service portrait... covers his enlistment / discharge details in the metal tags, along with his battle honors and PoW locations.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

What is the name for the hats?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    What is the name for the hats?
    Hat

IMMIGRANTS BUILT AMERICA - IMMIGRANTS BUILD AMERICA

Geez, you're rollin' out the big cannons there....

Here's one I shot in 2012. Went looking for it, couldn't find it, so did a few more when I went back to my original (colour) shots....

I was told she was 100 years old then.

I'm still in touch with this young lady from the same village

Here's her mother, after we'd handed over some cash for the family to build a pig farm

Gotta have a selfie. Young lass wanted to FB friend me.

I’m pretty sure the first pic in this thread is Wild Dingo
    Jack
    Nicotine free since 1 October 2009

^Wouldn't that be great?
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

A somewhat famous couple who have been on the road for over ten years now. I took this in Sumatra. I met them again in Sydney