Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Why Are Conservatives More Susceptible to Believing Lies?

Default Re: Why Are Conservatives More Susceptible to Believing Lies?

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    More untruths, but without the LOL at the end.

Im putting you on ignore .

Seems you are incapable of any responce..

After the dog comment you have shown ...........

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

[QUOTE=bobbys;5477717].

Im putting you on ignore .

QUOTE]

Real ignore or fake ignore?
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

I never mentioned Bill nor ever commented on a pizza shop but thanks for diverting the post i made then drawing a conclusuion from yer own ramble.
    Surprised you didn't Did you just forget to bobbys?

I never mentioned Bill nor ever commented on a pizza shop...
    Well, you should have, for the former is relevant to Hillary's centrism and the latter is relevant to how 'conservatives' process information.

Sometimes, the stuff you leave out, and the topics you dodge reveal the flaws in your arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by ljb5 View Post
    Well, you should have, for the former is relevant to Hillary's centrism and the latter is relevant to how 'conservatives' process information.

Sometimes, the stuff you leave out, and the topics you dodge reveal the flaws in your arguments.

No, i have said Bill was very good with working with congress.

Howevet Hillary had none of Bills charm.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post

Is that like starting a thread in which it states republicans believe lies..

Flaws? FLAWS in his "arguments"? You're generous to a fault.
    The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

No, i have said Bill was very good with working with congress.

Howevet Hillary had none of Bills charm.
    Hillary received a lot of nice praise from Republicans in the Senate when she was a senator and Secretary of State.... before they decided to go full-smear on her.

Before she ran: 25 times GOP praised Hillary Clinton - NonDoc
    https://nondoc.com › Civics › Politics
    Aug 9, 2016 - Leaders of the GOP praised Hillary Clinton at length prior to and during her stint as secretary of state. ... I think she would be viewed by anyone, Republican or Democrat, as a very formidable candidate for 2016.” — Arizona Sen. John McCain, 10/28/13. “I've worked around Hillary Clinton while serving as ...
    Hillary's secret weapon? GOP praise | TheHill
    thehill.com/homenews/207212-hillarys-secret-weapon-gop-praise
    May 27, 2014 - Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has said he had a lot of disagreements with Bill Clinton, but “at key moments, he was willing to cross party lines.” The minority leader, who has lambasted Obama on his dealings with Republicans, added that “there is ample evidence that divided government ...
    Republicans praise idea of Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State – CNN ...
    politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/.../republicans-praise-idea-of-hillary-clinton-as-secretary...
    Nov 16, 2008 - cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/im...nstate.cnn.jpg caption="Sources have told CNN Obama has asked Clinton if she is interested in the Secretary of State post."](CNN) -- Republicans praised the prospect of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Sunday.
    Remember When Republicans Loved Hillary Clinton? - The Daily Beast
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/rememb...illary-clinton
    Dec 1, 2014 - The 2008 Republican presidential nominee and longtime Arizona senator has long had a cordial relationship with Hillary Clinton. ... In 2011, at a breakfast sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor, McCain praised Clinton as “an international star” who has done “a tremendous job” as secretary of state.
    Bipartisan praise for Hillary Clinton as she moves on - CBS News
    https://www.cbsnews.com › Politics › The White House
    Jan 27, 2013 - Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., declared, "I'm a fan" of Hillary Clinton on CNN's "State of the Union", adding, "I would love it if she would run" in 2016. Even Republicans seemed to go out of their way to praise the outgoing secretary of state. Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., the 2012 Republican vice presidential ...
    Hillary Clinton's Senate Years Provide Insight Into How She Might ...
    https://www.npr.org/.../hillary-clin...-how-she-might...
    Apr 28, 2016 - Republicans I interviewed who served with Clinton during her eight years on Capitol Hill say they were often surprised by how easy she was to work with. She had real policy expertise, and she knew how to cut a deal. Former Virginia Republican Sen. John Warner was impressed with her diligence on the ...
    The coming epic Republican flip-flop on Hillary Clinton | MSNBC
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/the-comin...illary-clinton
    The coming epic Republican flip-flop on Hillary Clinton. 04/08/15 06:56 AM —Updated 04/09/15 03:53 PM. By Alex Seitz-Wald. When Arizona Sen. ... There will be many more following McCain as praise for Secretary Clinton morphs into criticism of likely Democratic presidential candidate Clinton. Not long ago, some ...
    Top conservative praises Hillary Clinton | MSNBC
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/tom-cobur...illary-clinton
    Apr 8, 2015 - In the Senate, Tom Coburn earned the nickname “Dr. No” for his penchant for blocking anything that didn't fit his small-government conservative ideology. But now retired, the Oklahoma Republican has kind words for his former colleague, Democrat Hillary Clinton, who is set to launch a second presidential ...
    From Senator Clinton, a Lesson in Tactical Bipartisanship - The New ...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/.../from...artisanship.ht...
    Apr 30, 2006 - Sen Hillary Clinton succeeds in working with Republican members of Congress, many of them conservatives who once worked hard to impeach her husband; is praised for her ability to find common ground on issues of mutual interest in what those close to her say is her desire to get things done in divided ...
    When Donald Trump Praised Hillary Clinton | Time
    time.com › Politics › Donald Trump
    Jul 17, 2015 - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has been critical of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, but it wasn't always so.

"I'm putting you on ignore" is perhaps the funniest thing I've heard all day!

When you play a game of 8 ball with someone that runs the table every single time, you will never become a better player by ignoring them...
    To improve your game you are going to have to learn what you are doing wrong, quitting won't help...

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    "I'm putting you on ignore" is perhaps the funniest thing I've heard all day!

When you play a game of 8 ball with someone that runs the table every single time, you will never become a better player by ignoring them...
    To improve your game you are going to have to learn what you are doing wrong, quitting won't help...

Well this is the 3d time he brought up my dog.

Perhaps its funny to you, .

Prolly...

No need to twist the knife in.

Hillary received a lot of nice praise from Republicans in the Senate when she was a senator and Secretary of State.... before they decided to go full-smear on her.

Before she ran: 25 times GOP praised Hillary Clinton - NonDoc
    https://nondoc.com › Civics › Politics
    Aug 9, 2016 - Leaders of the GOP praised Hillary Clinton at length prior to and during her stint as secretary of state. ... I think she would be viewed by anyone, Republican or Democrat, as a very formidable candidate for 2016.” — Arizona Sen. John McCain, 10/28/13. “I've worked around Hillary Clinton while serving as ...
    Hillary's secret weapon? GOP praise | TheHill
    thehill.com/homenews/207212-hillarys-secret-weapon-gop-praise
    May 27, 2014 - Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has said he had a lot of disagreements with Bill Clinton, but “at key moments, he was willing to cross party lines.” The minority leader, who has lambasted Obama on his dealings with Republicans, added that “there is ample evidence that divided government ...
    Republicans praise idea of Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State – CNN ...
    politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/.../republicans-praise-idea-of-hillary-clinton-as-secretary...
    Nov 16, 2008 - cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/im...nstate.cnn.jpgcaption="Sources have told CNN Obama has asked Clinton if she is interested in the Secretary of State post."](CNN) -- Republicans praised the prospect of Secretary of State Hillary ClintonSunday.
    Remember When Republicans Loved Hillary Clinton? - The Daily Beast
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/rememb...illary-clinton
    Dec 1, 2014 - The 2008 Republican presidential nominee and longtime Arizona senator has long had a cordial relationship with Hillary Clinton. ... In 2011, at a breakfast sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor, McCain praised Clinton as “an international star” who has done “a tremendous job” as secretary of state.
    Bipartisan praise for Hillary Clinton as she moves on - CBS News
    https://www.cbsnews.com › Politics › The White House
    Jan 27, 2013 - Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., declared, "I'm a fan" of Hillary Clinton on CNN's "State of the Union", adding, "I would love it if she would run" in 2016. Even Republicans seemed to go out of their way to praise the outgoing secretary of state. Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., the 2012 Republican vice presidential ...
    Hillary Clinton's Senate Years Provide Insight Into How She Might ...
    https://www.npr.org/.../hillary-clin...-how-she-might...
    Apr 28, 2016 - Republicans I interviewed who served with Clinton during her eight years on Capitol Hill say they were often surprised by how easy she was to work with. She had real policy expertise, and she knew how to cut a deal. Former Virginia Republican Sen. John Warner was impressed with her diligence on the ...
    The coming epic Republican flip-flop on Hillary Clinton | MSNBC
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/the-comin...illary-clinton
    The coming epic Republican flip-flop on Hillary Clinton. 04/08/15 06:56 AM —Updated 04/09/15 03:53 PM. By Alex Seitz-Wald. When Arizona Sen. ... There will be many more following McCain as praise for Secretary Clinton morphs into criticism of likely Democratic presidential candidate Clinton. Not long ago, some ...
    Top conservative praises Hillary Clinton | MSNBC
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/tom-cobur...illary-clinton
    Apr 8, 2015 - In the Senate, Tom Coburn earned the nickname “Dr. No” for his penchant for blocking anything that didn't fit his small-government conservative ideology. But now retired, the Oklahoma Republican has kind words for his former colleague, Democrat Hillary Clinton, who is set to launch a second presidential ...
    From Senator Clinton, a Lesson in Tactical Bipartisanship - The New ...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/.../from...artisanship.ht...
    Apr 30, 2006 - Sen Hillary Clinton succeeds in working with Republican members of Congress, many of them conservatives who once worked hard to impeach her husband; is praised for her ability to find common ground on issues of mutual interest in what those close to her say is her desire to get things done in divided ...
    When Donald Trump Praised Hillary Clinton | Time
    time.com › Politics › Donald Trump
    Jul 17, 2015 - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has been critical of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, but it wasn't always so.
    Which is why we outside the tent thought Hilary would win the Presidency. She is and was extremely competent ! That Americans chose the buffoon was a shock to everyone outside your borders.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

8 in the corner pocket...
    Plunk!

Referring to McCain and McConnell as republicans is enough of a stretch, conservative is just ludicrous. Coburn found it difficult to say bad things about anybody, though he managed to in Harry Reid’s case.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Quote Originally Posted by mdh
    Referring to McCain and McConnell as republicans is enough of a stretch....
    They don’t pass your litmus test, eh? If they aren’t radical-right they ain’t Republicans in your mind?
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Referring to McCain and McConnell as republicans is enough of a stretch, conservative is just ludicrous.
    I'm going to let you in on a little secret: You don't actually create your own reality.

Everyone else can see.

Dimocrat brains run backwards.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Dimocrat brains run backwards.
    thanks for adding that smashingly intelligent comment to the conversation. We'll call you when we need you.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    8 in the corner pocket...
    Plunk!
    8-ball? I thought it was the Screwball he sunk.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Hillary was possibly the most centrist candidate to have ever run for the office.
    I guess we could call her an extreme centrist then? If I follow you...
    Well, Mr. Botard, do you still deny all rhinocerotic evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    Ha HA isn't it such a riot! watching the Democrats and their entire political apparatus, including the mainstream media being OUT MANEUVERED by the Dumbest, Least Qualified, Drumph, "Very Stable Genius" of a President!!!

Please ignore the monkey in the corner throwing his poo!
    If we ignore it, it may go away.

Ralphie

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Which is why we outside the tent thought Hilary would win the Presidency. She is and was extremely competent ! That Americans chose the buffoon was a shock to everyone outside your borders.

Please. Let her run again.......

21st century so-called "conservatives" don't swallow all lies. They swallow a particular type of lie. The type of lie that reinforces their ideological convictions.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.
    Trump is doing beautifully.

The tactics used by our conservative friends just on this thread alone are very revealing. Come out punching hard, hurling insults and derision, anything to avoid actually addressing the specifics of the topic. It’s utterly transparent. If you can’t argue the facts, call your opponent a fool. Mock him. Be unpleasant enough to stifle further conversation. If you do it loudly and aggressively enough, they might even stop talking to you, and then you can gloat over your “win”. You don’t actually have to be right as long as you can convince your cronies that you won. It’s important to put across the facade that you’re a winner, especially when reality isn’t cooperating.

We see right through you.

Quote Originally Posted by James McMullen View Post
    The tactics used by our conservative friends just on this thread alone are very revealing. Come out punching hard, hurling insults and derision, anything to avoid actually addressing the specifics of the topic. It’s utterly transparent. If you can’t argue the facts, call your opponent a fool. Mock him. Be unpleasant enough to stifle further conversation. If you do it loudly and aggressively enough, they might even stop talking to you, and then you can gloat over your “win”. You don’t actually have to be right as long as you can convince your cronies that you won. It’s important to put across the facade that you’re a winner, especially when reality isn’t cooperating.

We see right through you.
    Yes. The 'internet hero' syndrome. It has been noted that they are much more polite in person.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Yes. The 'internet hero' syndrome. It has been noted that they are much more polite in person.
    That explains why they're still alive, but one might be forgiven for wishing they would be a tad less restrained and allow natural selection to do its thing.

Preferably before breeding.

What are you doing about it?

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

the stuff you leave out, and the topics you dodge reveal the flaws in your arguments.
    Good observation, but they can't see it.

The selective arguing does reflect the selective believing - but, to be fair, they may not actually register the stuff they appear to ignore.

There is a known psychological response to things that seriously dismantle your world view - your logical frontal lobe will switch off until you go around the problem, or explain it away.
    If one can't explain it away, or go round it, then it is absorbed as a personal emotional attack (remember frontal lobe is off, so its all emotion) - hence the most common response from the right for things that reveal their lack of sophistication is, "You're an a$$h#le". The hippocampus kicks in and its fight or flight. They are truthfully incapable of responding clearly and logically (intelligently).

So remember kids; they believe they are under attack and so the ad hominem attack is completely acceptable to them.
    It is observably, staggeringly, consistent within our little sample group here on the forum.

(Believe, its a word that pops up regularly when talking to conservatives - sigh.....)
    "People should be able to access these benefits [Social Welfare] as a matter of right, with no more loss of their own standards of self-respect than would be involved in collecting from an insurance company the proceeds of an endowment policy on which they have been paying premiums for years."
    Robert Menzies - Liberal Party (Conservative) Prime Minister of Australia.

Why?
    Do so many people believe hillary is guilty of all those things republicans charged her with, investigated, and cleared her of?

Do so many think trump is a good businessman when so many of his businesses have gone out of business?

Do so many believe he’s serious about bringing jobs back when he’s made no effort to make any of his products here?

Are so many so very afraid of the extremely isolated incidents of killings by foreigners but have no problem with us killing each other?

Does no one follow gunshot victims and cover health insurance problems they have and how it costs us all?

Do some people believe trump and putin rather than all our intelligence agencies?

Can’t we have a conversation on how to prevent our daily murders?

Do we tolerate over 100 people working at the white house when they cannot get security clearance?

Do many think getting rid of regulations is a good thing? Do they really want smog to return? Warnings to not eat fish because the water they swim in is too polluted?

I don’t get it!
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Another conservative believing conservative fake hate news.
    At least he got fired for being stupid.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...shawn-harrison

In recent years, mass shooting survivors and victims’ families have been subjected to online harassment and attacks from conspiracy theorists who go viral on social media by falsely claiming the tragedies were hoaxes and that witnesses and grieving relatives were paid “crisis actors”.
    Rightwing media, however, have quickly responded with attacks on the young activists mourning their deceased classmates, and conspiracy theories proven to be false appear to have even influenced a legislative staffer.
    Attacking survivors - another low point for conservatives - maybe they know they are being repulsive, but feel that to promote their ideology of hate and greed, they accept they will do dispicable things?
    "People should be able to access these benefits [Social Welfare] as a matter of right, with no more loss of their own standards of self-respect than would be involved in collecting from an insurance company the proceeds of an endowment policy on which they have been paying premiums for years."
    Robert Menzies - Liberal Party (Conservative) Prime Minister of Australia.