Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bermuda ends Gay Marriage...

Default Re: Bermuda ends Gay Marriage...

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Awww...somebody wants attention real bad...
    he does like pictures, and they are pretty!

As I thought. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    They don't know it and unlike people like Daniel, they don't care!You can look it up!
    Do! You! Ever! End! A! Sentence! Without! An! Exclamation! Point ?

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by cbcc View Post
    10% of all species are gay? Do you have any credible substantiation for those numbers ?
    From WIKI, argue with the author! Biological Exuberance cites numerous studies on some 300 species (see List of animals displaying homosexual behavior) showing that homosexual and bisexual behaviors are common among animals and proposes a theory of sexual behavior in which reproduction is only one of its principal biological functions.[4] Bagemihl proposes that group cohesion and lessening of tensions, seen for example among bonobos, are other important functions of sexual behavior.[5]His book on homosexuality in animals was cited by the American Psychiatric Association and other groups in their amici curiae brief to the United States Supreme Court in Lawrence v. Texas, which ultimately struck down the sodomy laws of 14 states.[6][7] The book formed the basis for the museum exhibition Against Nature?.[6]
    He has also published several essays and scientific articles on issues related to language, biology, gender, and sexuality.[3]

From WIKI, argue with the author! Biological Exuberance cites numerous studies on some 300 species (see List of animals displaying homosexual behavior) showing that homosexual and bisexual behaviors are common among animals and proposes a theory of sexual behavior in which reproduction is only one of its principal biological functions.[4] Bagemihl proposes that group cohesion and lessening of tensions, seen for example among bonobos, are other important functions of sexual behavior.[5]His book on homosexuality in animals was cited by the American Psychiatric Association and other groups in their amici curiae brief to the United States Supreme Court in Lawrence v. Texas, which ultimately struck down the sodomy laws of 14 states.[6][7] The book formed the basis for the museum exhibition Against Nature?.[6]
    He has also published several essays and scientific articles on issues related to language, biology, gender, and sexuality.[3]
    So I see a reference to 300 species and 14 states. Pray tell, how does that translate to "10% of all species are gay" ?

I'm sure that Bermuda and Bermudians are MUCH safer now that gay people can't get married there. I mean, think of what a threat to life, liberty and happiness, not to mention the security of the nation, gay marriage would be. Bermuda would probably just sink beneath the waves if gay people got hitched there.
    I rather be an American than a Republican.

10% of all species are gay? Do you have any credible substantiation for those numbers ?
    I gave one but, I suspect there are more than that percentage. With bimbos like you, why would they admit it to such a close minded person like you? Can't think of any reason at all considering. I posted research from WIKI, that should be enough for you and your type.

One Study from the University of OSLO. You could start here: Google is your friend.
    1,500 animal species practice homosexuality
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...sexuality.aspx

Do! You! Ever! End! A! Sentence! Without! An! Exclamation! Point ?
    With idiots who are as closed minded as you, probably not. you're no better than Noisey, bobbys, SB and a few others.

Relax there, big dog, it was a grammatical error.
    Nope. It's BS.

With idiots who are as closed minded as you, probably not. you're no better than Noisey, bobbys, SB and a few others.
    Ah, now the name calling begins.

Ah, now the name calling begins.
    I haven't called you you anything but, I'm thinking of quite a few that are appropriate. Only man gives definitions about their sexuality, it's entirely a man made definition. Animals don't! So live with that concept. Give animals a rep that humans define themselves. Think about it!

I haven't called you you anything but, I'm thinking of quite a few that are appropriate. Only man gives definitions about their sexuality, it's entirely a man made definition. Animals don't! So live with that concept. Give animals a rep that humans define themselves. Think about it!
    "With idiots who are as closed minded as you,"

How's that not calling me anything ?

One thing is certain, among the family values Republican species, it is pervasive. In that species it is not the homosexuality that is unnatural, it is the perversive political hypocrisy that is abhorrent.
    Heck, show me a gorilla that says he's gay or thinks he is! Don't think you'll find one. Of course, you will look at his behavior and automatically call him gay. Strange! Might want to tell him and explain what "gay" means cbcc.

I'll just leave this here:

A sad but inspiring tale about a goose in New Zealand:
    Blind, bisexual and polyamorous goose involved in love triangle dies, aged 40
    A blind bisexual goose named Thomas has died in New Zealand at the age of 40. He spent six years in a love triangle with two swans and helped raise their dozens of babies.
    Years ago, Thomas segregated himself from other geese and instead chose a black male swan named Henry as his life-long mate for 24 years.
    When Henry fell in love with another swan, Henrietta, Thomas stayed with the pair and helped raise their cygnets up until Henry died in 2009.
    Steve Martinsen

I imagine the Bermudian Tourism Council might be A little concerned.
    Michigan seems like a dream to me now.

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

I hear the USA has lost a bit of tourism due to our President.
    Of course it's not our main economic thing.
    Crikey, Men wear short pant there .

Burlington, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by wizbang 13 View Post
    I hear the USA has lost a bit of tourism due to our President.
    Not just tourists. The company I work for has pretty much stopped travel to the US despite having two major suppliers there - Houston and Tampa. We used to send a couple dozen people each year for training and meetings. Now we tell our suppliers to come see us.
    Stay calm, be brave....wait for the signs. Possibly precariously prevaricating.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    it's not ... Fanatical and Hysterical over the issue? Seems that Bermuda has taken a consensus building approach avoiding extremist and un-proven un-tested social engineering.
    Jesus you post some real crap at times. If Heterosexual marriage tested it would be found to be less than effective at ensuring long term stable relationships. What's the divorce rate in the US?
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

Daniel, I feel for you. It must be a real pain in the rear to have Gay Marriage constantly being shoved down your throat.

Ralphie

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Boy View Post
    Daniel, I feel for you. It must be a real pain in the rear to have Gay Marriage constantly being shoved down your throat.

Ralphie
    Is that a Double "Double Entendre"?

"Double-ender"?
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

The Push for Gay Marriage is actually one of those "unforeseen consequences" that laws often create. You can thank the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, otherwise known as "HIPAA" for it. Due to HIPAA, hospitals and doctors were no longer allowed to tell or consult with anybody not a member of the patient's "immediate family" unless asked to by the patient. In the case of a car accident or other forms of Trauma where the patient cannot give consent, the long term partners of Gay and Lesbian patients were left out of the loop. Do not get me wrong, marriage equality is something that has been simmering for a while and building up steam, but it was HIPAA that made the need for true equality burst forth into the national consciousness. It was not the only reason, but it was the main trigger.

Just something to ponder.

this issue draws extremists like a moths to a flame.
    thou doth protest too much

Gay Marriage
    Over 60% of Australians said yeah no worries...it's law.
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post

I am sure that you're not a liar, Daniel
    Norman, Dan IS a liar. Despite his professed Christianity, he has broken that commandment again and again. He's shown his dishonesty repeatedly here and time after time he has not even addressed it.
    Last edited by Chris249; 02-12-2018 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    The Push for Gay Marriage is actually one of those "unforeseen consequences" that laws often create. You can thank the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, otherwise known as "HIPAA" for it. Due to HIPAA, hospitals and doctors were no longer allowed to tell or consult with anybody not a member of the patient's "immediate family" unless asked to by the patient. In the case of a car accident or other forms of Trauma where the patient cannot give consent, the long term partners of Gay and Lesbian patients were left out of the loop. Do not get me wrong, marriage equality is something that has been simmering for a while and building up steam, but it was HIPAA that made the need for true equality burst forth into the national consciousness. It was not the only reason, but it was the main trigger.

Just something to ponder.
    With respect, Art, that's an act of the USA. The USA is not the entire world. Gay marriage is allowed in many countries that have never heard of the HIPAA.
    Last edited by Chris249; 02-12-2018 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris249 View Post
    Norman, Dan IS a liar. Despite his professed Christianity, he has broken that commandment again and again.
    A bit strong that. Noisey might believe that his BS is actually true, so repeating it is not lying per se. It is just a demonstration of his bigoted fact free inability to string two coherent thoughts together.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    A bit strong that. Noisey might believe that his BS is actually true, so repeating it is not lying per se. It is just a demonstration of his bigoted fact free inability to string two coherent thoughts together.
    Normally I'd agree, but Dan's spun BS so often, and so often refused to show the slightest backing for such claims despite being asked for it, that it does seem that he's basically dishonest.

If he'd even tried to provide the backing I've asked for on several occasions, it would be different. But when someone refuses to provide any backing for their BS, despite being directly asked for it, it seems that they're probably full of rubbish and know it.

Civil Unions still in effect.
    My condolences, you will have to marry your partner elsewhere, perhaps some other tropical island...
    Creationists aren't mad - they're possessed of demons.

So, if you have a ménage ŕ trois there, is that a Bermuda Triangle?
    It’s really hard to define ‘virtue signalling’, as I was saying the other day to some of my Muslim friends over a fair-trade coffee in our local feminist bookshop. (Lucy Porter 2018)

Isla, you are a BAADDD man.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    I don't get it. Why have marriage? Everyone should be able to get a civil union, even if only for financial purposes. Marriage is so encrusted with possession and dominance that it's the problem here.

Abolish civil marriage.
    Young people get hot and have children without a thought. Society has a right to impose responsibilities where the parties are unconscious and the consequences are major.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Boy View Post

Ralphie
    As the case may be.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    Isla, you are a BAADDD man.
    But I try so hard to be good
    It’s really hard to define ‘virtue signalling’, as I was saying the other day to some of my Muslim friends over a fair-trade coffee in our local feminist bookshop. (Lucy Porter 2018)