Thread: BMW motorcycle factory video. Must see.

Default BMW motorcycle factory video. Must see.

A superlative, rare glimpse, non narration long format industrial film on the modern motorcycle factory. How quality, modern production methods and trained techitians are making amazing motorcycles.

Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Default Re: BMW motorcycle factory video. Must see.

Thanks for that.
    There's a lot of capital invested in that factory! I was a little surprised to see how many workers were there. I loved seeing the guy paint the stripes by hand amongst all that technology. I noticed several different brands of cordless tools in use.
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Here’s one from where your bike is coming from:

I’ll be interested in your thoughts on the new bike. I’m thinking about the street version, I’m not sure I would need the GS - and it’s almost a thousand dollars more than the R.

We were going to be the service economy. If you liked making things you could screw yourself or move to Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    Here’s one from where your bike is coming from:

I’ll be interested in your thoughts on the new bike. I’m thinking about the street version, I’m not sure I would need the GS - and it’s almost a thousand dollars more than the R.
    BMW really has taken thier methods to India.

Steve, Are you thinking of a more encompassing bike rather than just a nice smaller road bike? I think the open flexibility of trail, forest roads and even some light snow riding sets them apart. For me - I am planning on doing more motorcycle camping and carrying a fishing pole. There is just less room on the r. If you owned the bike for 3 years - it breaks down to 333 dollars a year which grants you to decent trail riding without too much compromise the road version grants you.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Great video. Just to be picky, at around 17:50 is a six cylinder engine, certainly not an RR, or any other bike engine BMW makes. There is also a boxer twin in there earlier. A friend of my son arrived on a 1000 RR here the other day, him being a BM salesman. I only have road bike experience, but it is the most hectic bike I have ever ridden. You can carry the front wheel for 200 meters and never feel as if it is out of control. Five settings on the traction control helps the old fart, of course. The price is hideous, though.

Quote Originally Posted by devout View Post
    Great video. Just to be picky, at around 17:50 is a six cylinder engine, certainly not an RR, or any other bike engine BMW makes.
    bmw k1600gtl
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

I noticed the blade forks on the big tourer. Somewhat similar to the Britten setup.
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    bmw k1600gtl
    Indeed. I thought I could excuse that error by saying it is not available in South Africa, but that would be another error. After Googling I found a few for sale here.