Thread: Seattle sailboat rental?

Default Seattle sailboat rental?

I've been asked by a friend/neighbor if I know of anywhere in Seattle (or nearby) where one could rent a 32 to 34 foot sailboat for the day. She has a friend visiting this summer who would do this rental. I know nothing of his qualifications. According to my friend, he knows how to sail. I presume he has some sort of certificate, but that would be between him and the rental agency/individual. I'm just doing the asking and I'll pass along info.

So, anyone? I know there are clubs in Seattle but they require membership (I think). I don't know if they do day rentals to "outsiders."

Thanks for any info.

Jeff

Default Re: Seattle sailboat rental?

The Center for Wooden Boats has a few larger sailboats in their livery. Nothing as big as 32'-34' and it's lake sailing only, but that's probably the easiest/cheapest option in the area. Some nice boats too.

The livery: http://cwb.org/rent/seattle-livery/ (Blanchard Jr. Knockabout, Lightning, Mercury)

The checkout process: http://cwb.org/rent/seattle-livery/sailing-checkout/

If I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, eventually they would find me attractive.

Thanks for the information. Chris, I'm well acquainted with CWB and their fleet. My friend specifically asked about the larger boat but I will pass along info about CWB.

rbgarr: that nw boat info site looks quite helpful. I'll pass that along as well. Perhaps the friend will consider a day charter. Probably much more realistic a proposal. And, I'll bookmark the site for myself. More information is always a good thing.

Jeff