Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting old and the Grammies.

Default Re: Getting old and the Grammies.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    I have him on ignore but since you quoted him, as much as I hate to, in this case I have to defend him if what you quoted is what he posted. Hillary was indeed on a clip at the Grammies reading a blurb from "Fire and Fury". I wish they hadn't seen a need to include that. It was unnecessary and just gives people like bobbys another distraction.
    If you're going to keep quoting him, I'm going to have to chime in - in the interest of accuracy and truth.

What evidence do you have that bbbbbybs is a 'people'??? And don't refer me to BrianW... he's PART of the cabal trying to keep the truth hidden <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Hwyl View Post
    I see no connection to this thread. Did you mean to post here.

She was there along with others trying out for next years grannies, i mean grammys...

The thread title IS gettin old with the grammies...

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    bobbys is just doing what he does best, Gareth; being in the wrong place ant the wrong time, and with the wrong message.

And yet there was nothing wrong, yet you charged in looking petty.

ob·tuse
    əbˈt(y)o͞os,äbˈt(y)o͞os/
    adjective
    adjective: obtuse

annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
      "he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"
      synonyms: stupid, slow-witted, slow, dull-witted, unintelligent, ignorant, simpleminded, witless; Moreinsensitive, imperceptive, uncomprehending;
      informaldim, dimwitted, dense, dumb, slow on the uptake, halfwitted, brain-dead, moronic, cretinous, thick, dopey, lamebrained, dumb-ass, dead from the neck up, boneheaded, chowderheaded
      "he frustrated his teachers by pretending to be obtuse"

antonyms: clever, astute

• difficult to understand.
        "some of the lyrics are a bit obtuse"

(of an angle) more than 90° and less than 180°.

PaulF

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    If you're going to keep quoting him, I'm going to have to chime in - in the interest of accuracy and truth.

What evidence do you have that bbbbbybs is a 'people'??? And don't refer me to BrianW... he's PART of the cabal trying to keep the truth hidden <G>

Gee, thanks for de humeninizing little ole me.

If you thought she was "trying out for next years (sic) grannies (sic)", you must have just about reached the end of you beer intake for that evening, bobbys.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

If those "sic"s were "hic"s you'd be at the end of your intake as well!

"If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

I have him on ignore but since you quoted him, as much as I hate to, in this case I have to defend him if what you quoted is what he posted. Hillary was indeed on a clip at the Grammies reading a blurb from "Fire and Fury". I wish they hadn't seen a need to include that. It was unnecessary and just gives people like bobbys another distraction.
    Oh, OK I never saw the show, and am pretty sure I never have. It was silly to put that clip in there. Bobbys, I apologise. I'd be interested to hear your take on the music. Which is what this thread is about

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    If those "sic"s were "hic"s you'd be at the end of your intake as well!

Que Foster Brooks....
    PaulF

HILLARY cannot accept having lost, truly pathetic of her to go on the grammies knocking trump..

If you think this makes the democrats look good you are mistaken..

As far as a distraction i can only hope she keeps it up..

Good look for liberals to be rageing on award shows..

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    If you thought she was "trying out for next years (sic) grannies (sic)", you must have just about reached the end of you beer intake for that evening, bobbys.

Why double down? She and others were trying out for next years spoken word award., prolly a dumb skit but she nailed it, course many could beat snoppy dawg......

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

HILLARY cannot accept having lost, truly pathetic of her to go on the grammies knocking trump..

If you think this makes the democrats look good you are mistaken..

As far as a distraction i can only hope she keeps it up..

Good look for liberals to be rageing on award shows..
    Actually Bob, she won, by almost 3 million votes. 48.2% to 46.1%.

Everybody knocks Mr Trump...he's just so knockable and fun to ridicule.
    PaulF

Mrs JimD half watched it so I half heard what she half watched. That 'best new country' guy looked and sounded just like dozens of long haired country guys from the 70s and onward. It might as well have been Charlie Daniels.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McCosh View Post
    Reading the list of this year's Grammy award winners, I realized I didn't recognize a single song or performer.
    You guys must have fallen asleep in your ez chairs before Sting and Elton performed.

Yes, pop music has always been about profit and for every original voice there are 1000 copies, but I've never seen so little originality in my life. I've also never seen so much vulgarity, misogyny, or all-out sex used to sell recordings. Sorry, but a lot of these women are selling music with their thighs rather than their voices.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I couldn't agree more with this statement.
    I annoyed a young lady I know by asking her.
    "Do you know why modern female singers dress the way they do"?
    Because they can't sing for s**t!!! Sex sells.
    You never saw the female singers of yesterday dress this way because they actually knew how to sing.
    Examples: Roberta Flack, Dionne Warwick, Dolly Parton etc.
    I very rarely listen to music of the modern era.
    I once thought I was wrong, but I was wrong, I wasn't wrong.

I was listening to some music on Youtube recently- some of the groups and artists I'd never heard of had more than thirty million hits on Youtube! And some of it was pretty good. And most of it wasn't The other night on TV a presenter said that "we are blessed to have a world class musician with us"- and then introduced a rapper! I don't understand the attraction modern music has for the younger listeners. But then my Dad hated the stuff I listened to, and I tried really hard to explain about the complexities of the guitar playing, the extraordinary vocal abilities etc., etc. But I do reckon that a lot of todays stuff is glitz and high tech hiding a lack of ability. That said, yesterday evening I was listening to one of my favourite old tunes, ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQjqeiQMFUE ) thinking how sweet it was, and my missus sticks her head around the door and said "turn that crap off- your dinner's ready" Some people don't got no soul. JayInOz

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie 2 View Post
    Yes, pop music has always been about profit and for every original voice there are 1000 copies, but I've never seen so little originality in my life. I've also never seen so much vulgarity, misogyny, or all-out sex used to sell recordings. Sorry, but a lot of these women are selling music with their thighs rather than their voices.
    Yes, I couldn't agree more with this statement.
    I annoyed a young lady I know by asking her.
    "Do you know why modern female singers dress the way they do"?
    Because they can't sing for s**t!!! Sex sells.
    You never saw the female singers of yesterday dress this way because they actually knew how to sing.
    Examples: Roberta Flack, Dionne Warwick, Dolly Parton etc.
    I very rarely listen to music of the modern era.
    Times have changed, but even those ladies used their physical charms to sell records.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    Times have changed, but even those ladies used their physical charms to sell records.

I thought the same thing Jimmy.

It is hard to believe that I ever heard lightfoot sing if you could read my mind, Tim Moore sing second avenue, steve Goodman sing spoon river or Judy Collins sing clouds on the radio. Thoughtful lyrics, beautiful melodies right there on the
    radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Boater14 View Post
    It is hard to believe that I ever heard lightfoot sing if you could read my mind, Tim Moore sing second avenue, steve Goodman sing spoon river or Judy Collins sing clouds on the radio. Thoughtful lyrics, beautiful melodies right there on the
    radio.
    Those were all good - but do remember that there has always been a load of awful stuff on the radio - even back in the "golden age".

True but what harm did yummy, yummy,yummy I got love in my tummy do? Listening to SLAP THAT BI*CH IN HER BIG FAT A** can’t be doing young men any good. I don’t think anyone would argue that there was a beautiful song played on the Grammys. Anybody even know what 3/4 time is?

True but what harm did yummy, yummy,yummy I got love in my tummy do? Listening to SLAP THAT BI*CH IN HER BIG FAT A** can’t be doing young men any good. I don’t think anyone would argue that there was a beautiful song played on the Grammys. Anybody even know what 3/4 time is?
    Ha! That was the first song that came to mind for me! I agree on the 2nd "song".

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    You guys must have fallen asleep in your ez chairs before Sting and Elton performed.
    Don't think they won any awards. A local radio host used to do a bit on his show pitting the generations against each other with questions about each other's music. The theory was that nothing defined a generation more than the music they grew up with. Got to be true. What has changed is that radio programming has perpetuated some seriously old stuff on today's generation. Growing up in the 60s, I didn't hear much of Rudy Vallee, but today you still hear the Rolling Stones on occasion.

. I don’t think anyone would argue that there was a beautiful song played on the Grammys.
    Did you watch Patti Lupone sing Evita?

Re the op ed. I have relegated the content of such bunfights to the rubbish bin since at least the 1970's. And much of what was there in the 1960's
    Oh I admit there have been a few gems, but not enough to make sorting through the dross worth while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post

Yes they did use their physical charms in their performances.
    However, you should note in all three of the photos you included in your post that:
    THEY ARE WEARING CLOTHES.
    Most of the modern female singers perform in their UNDERWEAR.
    And even these are fairly minuscule at best.
    I once thought I was wrong, but I was wrong, I wasn't wrong.