Thread: The Sunday Brunch BBQ

Default The Sunday Brunch BBQ

OK, maybe it's not BBQ season in the US.... but it is all year round here...

This was this morning's effort. I'm far from innovative with my cooking. Would be interested to see what folks cook up for Sunday brunch?

A few leftovers from a pizza session yesterday here... but, we had onions (with several leftover cloves of crushed garlic), tomato, red and green capsicum, some leftover chicken, prawns, bacon and chorizo - with some eggs. I often include thin-cut potato.

So - what do you do?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Default Re: The Sunday Brunch BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    OK, maybe it's not BBQ season in the US.... but it is all year round here...

This was this morning's effort. I'm far from innovative with my cooking. Would be interested to see what folks cook up for Sunday brunch?

A few leftovers from a pizza session yesterday here... but, we had onions (with several leftover cloves of crushed garlic), tomato, red and green capsicum, some leftover chicken, prawns, bacon and chorizo - with some eggs. I often include thin-cut potato.

So - what do you do?

Grandkid is here, its mac and cheese, lucky charms, pop tarts, or grilled cheese or hot dawgs..

I bought a burger from my favourite fish and chip last night, the place knows me well as it's near my boat. The cook called me over and said look the steak has been cut wrong and it's really tough so I'll throw in a beef pattie as well. You could have made a fine pair of boots out of that steak.
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

Looks tasty!

Were are visiting my folks this weekend. Dad made a nice but fairly light southern breakfast. Now it's off to church.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

OK, maybe it's not BBQ season in the US....
    eh?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    eh?
    Well, crank up your steam-driven camera and post a photo or two
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    Looks tasty!

Were are visiting my folks this weekend. Dad made a nice but fairly light southern breakfast. Now it's off to church.
    Yeah.... but what's a southern breakfast?

Well, crank up your steam-driven camera and post a photo or two
    i just happen to have a brisket
    so you may get your wish

Yeah.... but what's a southern breakfast?
    I guess everything in an American breakfast but add grits and buttermilk biscuits.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --

Ian

Yours looked better too me!
    Skip

Grilled tomatoes and the smoked sausage got me!

No kangaroo fritters?
    Skip

.... but what's a southern breakfast?
    biscuits and gravy
    chicken fried steak, white gravy, eggs, potatoes - rich man's breakfast
    chicken and waffles - now more a lunch/dinner plate
    pecan pancakes
    fried ham, red eye gravy, grits, eggs

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    Grilled tomatoes and the smoked sausage got me!

No kangaroo fritters?
    I've been known to cook kangaroo steaks... but not for breakfast. It's damn good meat, but very lean