Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Norwegians Don't Emigrate to the USA.

Default Why Norwegians Don't Emigrate to the USA.

'' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Default Re: Why Norwegians Don't Emigrate to the USA.

Emmigrate ????
    Creationists aren't mad - they're possessed of demons.

'Immigrate' is for those arriving. 'Emigrate' is for those who are leaving.

The Norwegians probably don't want to take any Americans, either.
    Last edited by Jim Mahan; 01-14-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    I don't care to know what the tough do when the going gets tough.

I am interested in what the enlightened do.

Norwegians have expressed solidarity with Haiti and several other African nations by saying they do not want to go to the US, describing it using the alleged words of Donald Trump as a “s***hole”.

Christian Christensen, a Stockholm-based American professor, wrote: “Of course people from Norway would love to move to a country where people are far more likely to be shot, live in poverty, get no healthcare because they’re poor, get no paid parental leave or subsidized daycare and see fewer women in political power”.

Another, Christian Gerhard, said: “Being from Norway and the country Trump wants immigrants from. Would not even consider to emigrate to s***hole USA as long as Donald Trump is president there.”

Meanwhile, Kathinka Froystad addressed the President directly, saying: “Dear Mr President, I am glad you enjoyed meeting my prime minister, but I am quite happy where I am and would not even dream of settling down in the US during your s***hole, racist and misogynist regime.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8156666.html
    It’s really hard to define ‘virtue signalling’, as I was saying the other day to some of my Muslim friends over a fair-trade coffee in our local feminist bookshop. (Lucy Porter 2018)

Oh and as I understand it Americans who have a job only get 2 weeks annual holiday leave. 2 weeks!

soooooo... Trumpy was right?...

the US would be better if we had more Norwegians living here...

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    That wasn't what he said though, so your comment means nothing.
    according to Democrats he did... "why can't we have more immigrants from places like Norway"

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Versus sh**hole countries, you left that part out.
    how does that affect whether or not it would be a good thing to attract more Norwegians to the USA...

See comment #9.

You can't get Norwegian migrants because Norway is healthier, fairer and has better education. No one wants to go down hill in living standards...... and you are far less likely to get shot.
    Grateful Dead

Before they inherited oil, Norwegians moved to the USA in huge masses. Norway has been a very strange outlier even before that due to isolation. I try to be proud of my exclusively Norwegian roots documented to the year 1377, but their history and even present has been dysfunctional under the surface. When Sweden unwisely gave them the honor of giving Nobel Peace prizes, they have gone exclusively for a rogues gallery of politically correct warlords or done-nothing knuckleheads.

Norwegian emigration preference is hardly an indicator to use for your political point. For students, gov't oil money may have subsidized long "study trips" to Thailand for sex tourism. At home they can hire relatively poorer Swedes to do the dirty work for them. At least they open their doors to 3rd world immigration - the news is covering a self righteous protest in Switzerland about US immigration, when their extreme wall against folks moving in is one of the world's most strict. Switzerland as it is admired today would cease to exist if they had politically correct open doors to those not sharing their culture and high end productivity.

Quote Originally Posted by rudderless View Post
    Before they inherited oil, Norwegians moved to the USA in huge masses.
    That was in the 19th century through about 1920.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post

I don't remember his ever being right.

If the maggot and company want to upgrade the country they're in the perfect position to do so, but they choose to tear it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    Oh and as I understand it Americans who have a job only get 2 weeks annual holiday leave. 2 weeks!
    We get four weeks paid annual leave, plus 11 days public holidays per annum. Anyone required to work on those days gets double pay and a day in leu. You can get used to having that.

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by john welsford View Post
    We get four weeks paid annual leave, plus 11 days public holidays per annum. Anyone required to work on those days gets double pay and a day in leu. You can get used to having that.

John Welsford
    And health care, no?

(I know a young couple that recently inherited a house worth a bit of money. They are not interested in starting or raising a family here in the US, so the house is sold and they are enroute to New Zealand...)

and health care, NZ is one of those countries that cares for it's citizens.
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Etheridge View Post
    I don't remember his ever being right.

If the maggot and company want to upgrade the country they're in the perfect position to do so, but they choose to tear it down.

Why do you Hate Norwegians so much?

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Why do some folks act so stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    Why do some folks act so stupid?
    Act

It’s really hard to define ‘virtue signalling’, as I was saying the other day to some of my Muslim friends over a fair-trade coffee in our local feminist bookshop. (Lucy Porter 2018)

John Welsford
    We get that, and also accumulate 1.3 weeks Long Service leave entitlement each year, taken as 3 months leave after 10 years employment, and 10 days paid sick leave each year, cumulative. Oh and paid parental leave. Who'd be an employer, but yeah, we have a good lifestyle.

And if you get seriously sick Medicare pays almost all you bills so you don't have to sell you house or if you are a rugged independent type you can pay for health insurance and go private.
    Grateful Dead

Pretty much all the reasons I have never wanted to move to the US. My wife is American, she has lived in the UK for 50 years and has never expressed any desire to move back across the pond. We have had plenty of extended holidays over there, but I have never been tempted to stay.

Norway was over run by germany in a few months, the jews were removed and killed, 15,000 norwegians joined the german army, many is the ss..

Yeah, you can count on them.......

Another way to look at it is that some Norwegians choose to go to war against Stalin while the Americans choose to ally with him. Hitler wasn't the only problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ERGR View Post
    Another way to look at it is that some Norwegians choose to go to war against Stalin while the Americans choose to ally with him. Hitler wasn't the only problem.
    I know that the Finns gave Russia a bloody nose, but I did not know that the Norwegians had a go too.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

I wonder how many in the US would have joined the German forces if America had been overrun?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john welsford
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl
    And healthcare
    I get all the vacation time that I want with the business paying all my vacation expenses. I get all the health care I want with the business paying all my out of pocket expenses including travel. I determine my work hours. I get paid very well. Been the same for about 30 years.

One of my daughters gets the same deal. My other daughter gets much better benefits working for a publicly traded company.

For the most part Americans are willing to work for fewer benefits.
    Life is complex.

From what I understand, the Germans advertised the opportunity to fight Stalin and communism by joining the German army. Volonteers were sent to the eastern front, so it wasn't a false promise. Some people disliked Stalin more than Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by ERGR View Post
    From what I understand, the Germans advertised the opportunity to fight Stalin and communism by joining the German army. Volonteers were sent to the eastern front, so it wasn't a false promise. Some people disliked Stalin more than Hitler.
    I wonder if they ever found out about the Norwegian towns and villages that the Nazis wiped out whilst they were on the Eastern Front.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by birlinn View Post
    I wonder how many in the US would have joined the German forces if America had been overrun?
    There would have been a few.
    Google German American Bund, Fritz Kuhn and Camp Zigfried.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post

Wow. Just so you're clear, having more Norwegians live here would require us to have a more socialized government. You do get that; right?
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

John Welsford
    As a comparison; I get 2 weeks (10 days) paid vacation and 5 paid holidays per year. No sick or personal time and no paid leave for child birth or family emergencies. I'm stressed out, and my life will likely be shorter than average because of this. I also pay $600/month for health insurance that I also have to pay $2000/year co-pay before it kicks in on anything outside of yearly physicals and approved drugs. When I become unable to work because of age or illness, hopefully 30 years away, I will likely have to kill myself as to not suffer a state-run assisted living/nursing facility. For that reason, I'm thankful that the 2nd amendment gives me a cheap out.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    There would have been a few.
    Google German American Bund, Fritz Kuhn and Camp Zigfried.
    I don't thing you should leave out the KKK from that list.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    As a comparison; I get 2 weeks (10 days) paid vacation and 5 paid holidays per year. No sick or personal time and no paid leave for child birth or family emergencies. I'm stressed out, and my life will likely be shorter than average because of this. I also pay $600/month for health insurance that I also have to pay $2000/year co-pay before it kicks in on anything outside of yearly physicals and approved drugs. When I become unable to work because of age or illness, hopefully 30 years away, I will likely have to kill myself as to not suffer a state-run assisted living/nursing facility. For that reason, I'm thankful that the 2nd amendment gives me a cheap out.
    So you are making a choice to work 30 more years at a job you think fails to compensate you enough.

Perhaps you should change jobs.
    Life is complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    So you are making a choice to work 30 more years at a job you think fails to compensate you enough.

Perhaps you should change jobs.
    Perhaps you should give me your magic wand or the crack pipe you're smoking.

~C. Ross