Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 175 of 393

Thread: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Walney, near Cumbria UK
    Posts
    38,312

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by ljb5 View Post
    Sheesh, you're still trying that argument?

    It has been asked and answered, but since you're a bit slow on the uptake, I'll answer it again.

    The voters have a right to know and a need to know what our representatives and leaders think and say.

    We need this information so we can make informed decisions.

    Let me know if you still don't understand who the American system works.
    Please do not try to confuse him with facts, what passes for his mind is made up already.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

    The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    48,189

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Some of us believe it's time to return to a policy similar to what we had from 1920-1965
    And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have it at last. Thank you for your honesty, mdh. I had suspected this, but people generally hadn't come out and said it clearly, preferring to talk about illegal immigration.

    The policy in force during the years he mentions was mainly governed by the Immigration Act of 1924. This established national quotas of 2% per year of the naturalized population of the US from a country, but used the census of 1890 as the basis of the quotas - before the last 30 years of immigration from places other than northwestern Europe. It also specifically excluded all Asians (the Philippines were an exception, being a US colony), the Chinese already being prevented from immigrating by the Chinese Exclusion Acts. The justifications for the act were openly and explicitly racist (quite mainstream at the time), to maintain the white northern and western European character of the US population, and to keep out dark-skinned and Jewish folks from elsewhere. Immigration restriction was the major legislative priority of the KKK when they were a real political force with huge influence in the Democratic party of the time, not just a bunch of fringe wackos, holding large public rallies and marching down Pensylivania Avenue 30,000 strong in their pointy white hoods. This bill was their proudest achievement.

    The effect of the Immigration Act of 1924 was to effectively shut off immigration from anywhere but northwestern Europe. Total immigration declined dramatically, one reason being that Western Europe was mostly doing pretty well and fewer people wanted to emigrate. The foreign-born percentage of the population decreased until about 1970 then started rising again. It still isn't back up to where it was for most of the late 19th and early 20th century, but it's a lot higher than when mdh was growing up.



    So, mdh, what are you suggesting? Blocking all immigration from Asia? Setting national quotas based in the census of 1890? Or maybe 1970, before the last wave of immigration? There are now roughly a million legal immigrants per year, about 0.3% of the population, about 40% each from Asia and the Americas, about 10% each from Europe and Africa. The top three countries are Mexico, China, and India, respectively.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sharon, MA
    Posts
    19,126

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    Argue with this. It is the consensus view of serious people.
    No, it is the consensus view of racists, and people more than willing to tolerate racism. I presume you are, at the very least, in the latter group.... and who knows, maybe in the former group, as well.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."







  4. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    9,861

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    No, it is the consensus view of racists, and people more than willing to tolerate racism. I presume you are, at the very least, in the latter group.... and who knows, maybe in the former group, as well.
    Rest assured, they are serious . . . about being racists.
    "Please be more specific or we'll choose to order a cheaper bilge-rat to replace you."

    ~seanz

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    here
    Posts
    17,265

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    Argue with this. It is the consensus view of serious people.
    The first sentence was dumb.

    It didn't get any better after that.

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Northern California Mountains
    Posts
    11,296

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    No cogent, on-point rebuttals whatsoever. I expected as much. Just more old white guys pointing fingers and squalling about racism. I'll go ahead and mark this one up.

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sharon, MA
    Posts
    19,126

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    No cogent, on-point rebuttals whatsoever.
    Probably because a 'cogent, on-point rebuttal' against racism would be impossible. I doubt ANYONE could find a rationalization in support of racism....

    ...except, perhaps, you.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."







  8. #148
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    8,604

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    "I'll go ahead and mark this one up."

    Pigeon chess.
    Nosce te ipsum

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    here
    Posts
    17,265

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    No cogent, on-point rebuttals whatsoever. I expected as much. Just more old white guys pointing fingers and squalling about racism. I'll go ahead and mark this one up.
    The first sentence is just dumb.

    The second sentence claims, "most terrorist acts are committed by Muslims".

    The reality is that most terrorist attacks are by conservative white men.

    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0da2c731a84df
    When it comes to domestic terrorism in America, the numbers don’t lie: Far-right extremists are behind far more plots and attacks than Islamist extremists.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7805831.html
    The results: “right-wing extremists were behind nearly twice as many incidents” as terror acts associated with those identified as “Islamist domestic terrorism”.
    Right-wing terrorists recently killed a woman in Charlottsville, North Carolina, a police officer in Centennial, Colorado, and there was something about an Amtrak train in Montana, or some place. They took over a government facility in Oregon, blew up a building in Oklahoma City, one of them shot up a black church in South Carolina...

    So that's the first two sentences. After that, it's a strawman argument, " Left leaps to its collective feet in openmouthed shock, like Margaret Dumont after a Groucho Marx wisecrack..."

    And then it's just a bunch of whining.

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Utah and PNW
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    Pigeon chess.
    Had to look that one up

    Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon — it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.

  11. #151
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    8,604

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lesser View Post
    Had to look that one up
    There are several possible opponents for pigeon chess, creationists being just one of them.
    Last edited by Old Dryfoot; 01-14-2018 at 12:11 PM. Reason: the, there, it's all close enough, no?
    Nosce te ipsum

  12. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,726

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    No cogent, on-point rebuttals whatsoever. I expected as much. Just more old white guys pointing fingers and squalling about racism. I'll go ahead and mark this one up.
    No Worries Mate! Demographics and Natural Selection will take care of Liberals quick enough.

  13. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,726

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by ljb5 View Post
    Sheesh, you're still trying that argument?

    It has been asked and answered, but since you're a bit slow on the uptake, I'll answer it again.

    The voters have a right to know and a need to know what our representatives and leaders think and say.

    We need this information so we can make informed decisions.

    Let me know if you still don't understand who the American system works.

    OK so Trumpy thinks these countries are "---- holes"

    If these countries really are such WONDERFUL places and Trumpy is not only speaking vulrgar, but plain wrong, lying....


    WHY has the USA give these countries Billions in aid and Temporary Protected Status for illegal immigrants?



    Or is the problem that Liberal Snow Flakes can not handle hearing the truth?

  14. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    54,213

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    No Worries Mate! Demographics and Natural Selection will take care of Liberals quick enough.
    Yup, we will come out on top!

  15. #155
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Mull, Scotland
    Posts
    2,435

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    OK so Trumpy thinks these countries are "---- holes"

    If these countries really are such WONDERFUL places and Trumpy is not only speaking vulrgar, but plain wrong, lying....


    WHY has the USA give these countries Billions in aid and Temporary Protected Status for illegal immigrants?



    Or is the problem that Liberal Snow Flakes can not handle hearing the truth?
    Since when did Trump come up with the truth?

  16. #156
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,607

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    OK so Trumpy thinks these countries are "---- holes"

    If these countries really are such WONDERFUL places and Trumpy is not only speaking vulrgar, but plain wrong, lying....


    WHY has the USA give these countries Billions in aid and Temporary Protected Status for illegal immigrants?



    Or is the problem that Liberal Snow Flakes can not handle hearing the truth?
    Maybe something to do with major earthquakes and hurricanes. That messes up a country but it doesn't make a it a $hithole, and it doesn't mean it's citizens are bad people. Google Haiti earthquake 2010.
    Somewhere between Murder and Suicide, there is a place called Merseyside.

  17. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    6,241

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    This will pass by Tuesday, then we’ll be discussing why he paid $130,000 to a porn star. By Friday it will be something else. The MAGA dream is spiraling down the bowl, leaving marks as it goes.
    Last edited by CK 17; 01-14-2018 at 01:59 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

  18. #158
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    54,213

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by isla View Post
    Maybe something to do with major earthquakes and hurricanes. That messes up a country but it doesn't make a it a $hithole, and it doesn't mean it's citizens are bad people. Google Haiti earthquake 2010.
    You forgot, bombing the c**p out of them.

  19. #159
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    44,357

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    I got as far as the second paragraph & read this:



    That was all I needed to see to know that it was a slanted, lying article that would say nothing meaningful.
    good lord that is some powerful Kool-aid and gobbledygook. Good manners and goodwill silences people? Totally nutty whining.

  20. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Entry Level
    Posts
    15,950

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    WHY has the USA give these countries Billions in aid and Temporary Protected Status for illegal immigrants?
    Because it's in our national interest.

    I find that Reds have a very simple view of how, in reality, the national interest is promoted. Simple, almost child-like.

    The USA would not have survived without well-educated, experienced diplomats from the earliest days. The elite.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

  21. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    48,189

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    OK so Trumpy thinks these countries are "---- holes". If these countries really are such WONDERFUL places and Trumpy is not only speaking vulgar, but plain wrong, lying.... WHY has the USA give these countries Billions in aid and Temporary Protected Status for illegal immigrants?
    One more time. Please try to understand. The real problem is not Trump's language; I've used worse language myself on occasion (although not understanding that anything the president says is likely to make it onto the front page, and controlling what comes out of his mouth, is just dumb). The problem is the underlying 'logic;' the idea that if someone comes from a poor country with lots of problems they're an inherently undesirable immigrant. This is at best nonsensical, and at worse a symptom of something far worse.

    And Temporary Protected Status isn't for illegal immigrants, but for refugees from countries where things have gone badly wrong and returning would put people in danger. The recent changes proposed by the administration are some of the vilest things they've done, mere gratuitous cruelty.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  22. #162
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    54,213

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    One more time. Please try to understand. The real problem is not Trump's language; I've used worse language myself on occasion (although not understanding that anything the president says is likely to make it onto the front page, and controlling what comes out of his mouth, is just dumb). The problem is the underlying 'logic;' the idea that if someone comes from a poor country with lots of problems they're an inherently undesirable immigrant. This is at best nonsensical, and at worse a symptom of something far worse.

    And Temporary Protected Status isn't for illegal immigrants, but for refugees from countries where things have gone badly wrong and returning would put people in danger. The recent changes proposed by the administration are some of the vilest things they've done, mere gratuitous cruelty.
    You can repeat this post over and over again if you wish, I doubt he would understand what you're saying anyway.

  23. #163
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    23,292

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    good lord that is some powerful Kool-aid and gobbledygook. Good manners and goodwill silences people? Totally nutty whining.
    But Sacre Bleu celebrates bad manners. Dontcha know if it isn't said crudely it has no meaning?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  24. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Entry Level
    Posts
    15,950

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    Argue with this. It is the consensus view of serious people.

    Let’s state the obvious. Some countries are s***holes. To claim that this is racist is racist. They are not s***holes because of the color of the populace but because of bad ideas, corrupt governance, false religion, and broken culture. Further, most of the problems in these countries are generated at the top. Plenty of rank-and-file immigrants from such ruined venues ultimately make good Americans—witness those who came from 1840s potato-famine Ireland, a s***hole if ever there was one! It takes caution and skill to separate the good from the bad.
    Generated at the top, indeed. The most clever and vicious rise to the top with American aid because they produce stability and plentiful cheap labor. Result, profits for investors and their clients in American government and industry. For the locals, poverty and degradation causes by overpopulation caused by people taking a desperate shot at breeding as the only way out of poverty, or for a little bit of relief anyway. All this, generated at the top. The real top, not the pretend top.

    False religion? As opposed to true religion? No bigotry there.

    Broken culture? Compared to who, the USA?

    If most of the problems in s***hole countries are "generated at the top" and "plenty of rank-and-file immigrants from such ruined venues ultimately make good Americans" then only the poorest should be allowed to immigrate. Doctors, lawyers, scientists, successful business people should be rejected, because of nearness to the top.

    Illogical when not self-contradictory. But let's get to the real point of this conspiracy of silence business: Trump as a tantrum "breaking the spell of silence". It's not a spell. It has abundant good cause in the field of diplomacy. Maybe in other fields, you can say what you like. It's foolish to want the President, regardless of the setting, to talk like he was in a saloon. It's pitiful to need that as affirmation of your identity. A nation of citizens like that is well on its way to becoming a s***hole.

    Whether a place actually is a s***hole is entirely irrelevant. At any given moment in time, someone in Haiti is saying, "You know what? This place is a s***hole." So what?

    [Rita sings]

    Puerto Rico, my heart's devotion
    May you sink back in the ocean.
    Always the hurricane blowing.
    Always the population growing.
    And the money owing.

    [Bernardo sings]

    Life is all right in America
    If you're all white in America.

    -- Stephen Sondheim and Leonard Bernstein, (I Like To Be In) America from West Side Story (1957)

    Sixty years, man. What silence?

    In 1994, the song was also the unofficial anthem at the 1994 FIFA World Cup in the United States and was sung by the 3 Tenors (Plácido Domingo, José Carreras and Luciano Pavarotti) at Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles to an estimated global TV audience of 1.3 billion viewers.
    This spell of silence idea is mostly fanciful. Not entirely because -- and only because -- there are loudmouth idiots on the left. "White girl, take off your hoops!"

    I’m sorry that it takes someone like Trump to break the spell of silence the Left is forever weaving around us. I wish a man like Ronald Reagan would come along and accomplish the same thing with more wit and grace.
    He's calling you, Sky Blue. Batter up. Here comes the pitch . . .
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

  25. #165
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    44,357

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    One more time. Please try to understand. The real problem is not Trump's language; I've used worse language myself on occasion (although not understanding that anything the president says is likely to make it onto the front page, and controlling what comes out of his mouth, is just dumb). The problem is the underlying 'logic;' the idea that if someone comes from a poor country with lots of problems they're an inherently undesirable immigrant. This is at best nonsensical, and at worse a symptom of something far worse.

    And Temporary Protected Status isn't for illegal immigrants, but for refugees from countries where things have gone badly wrong and returning would put people in danger. The recent changes proposed by the administration are some of the vilest things they've done, mere gratuitous cruelty.
    That sloppy associative reasoning works well to support fear and bigotry. People who live in field latrines are covered in feces. You can see it, smell it. People from Norway are not. Apologists for Trump like to focus on the language as though it’s devoid of context thereby cutting words free from meaning.

    Trump is an abomination of what the country represents. Look at the few defenders he has left on the forum. Trumps value is pissing people off, a troll. In the mean time he and his family get tax cuts that are many factors greater than the presidential salary he is supposedly not taking.

  26. #166
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    here
    Posts
    17,265

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    OK so Trumpy thinks these countries are "---- holes"

    If these countries really are such WONDERFUL places and Trumpy is not only speaking vulrgar, but plain wrong, lying....


    WHY has the USA give these countries Billions in aid and Temporary Protected Status for illegal immigrants?



    Or is the problem that Liberal Snow Flakes can not handle hearing the truth?
    I have already explained it to you.

    Go back and reread:

    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...35#post5448035

    It's not a question of whether these places are "wonderful."

    It's an issue of the poverty of values, understanding, empathy and compassion shown by our president in his speech and policy.

  27. #167
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,726

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by ljb5 View Post
    I have already explained it to you.

    Go back and reread:

    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...35#post5448035

    It's not a question of whether these places are "wonderful."

    It's an issue of the poverty of values, understanding, empathy and compassion shown by our president in his speech and policy.
    Oh so saying a Dirty word is a Huge Big Deal... but supporting Planed Parenthood and the Killing of fetuses, infants at term with the barbaric practice of Partial Birth Abortion is WONDERFUL ... and Compassionate?


    Sorry, NOT BUYING the Compassion argument from Liberals.

    Pure Bolix

  28. #168

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    OK so Trumpy thinks these countries are "---- holes"

    If these countries really are such WONDERFUL places and Trumpy is not only speaking vulrgar, but plain wrong, lying....


    WHY has the USA give these countries Billions in aid and Temporary Protected Status for illegal immigrants?



    Or is the problem that Liberal Snow Flakes can not handle hearing the truth?
    OK let's start by cutting the 4 billion a year we give to Israel.

  29. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    here
    Posts
    17,265

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    Oh so saying a Dirty word is a Huge Big Deal... but supporting Planed Parenthood and the Killing of fetuses, infants at term with the barbaric practice of Partial Birth Abortion is WONDERFUL ... and Compassionate?


    Sorry, NOT BUYING the Compassion argument from Liberals.

    Pure Bolix
    I don't have enough crayons to explain this to you.

    Stick to one subject, that already is more than you can handle.

  30. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,726

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    One more time. Please try to understand. The real problem is not Trump's language; I've used worse language myself on occasion (although not understanding that anything the president says is likely to make it onto the front page, and controlling what comes out of his mouth, is just dumb). The problem is the underlying 'logic;' the idea that if someone comes from a poor country with lots of problems they're an inherently undesirable immigrant. This is at best nonsensical, and at worse a symptom of something far worse.

    And Temporary Protected Status isn't for illegal immigrants, but for refugees from countries where things have gone badly wrong and returning would put people in danger. The recent changes proposed by the administration are some of the vilest things they've done, mere gratuitous cruelty.
    Interesting thought, I suppose that depends on what one's definition of "undesirable immigrant" is.

    would an immigrant from a country with poor education system be more likely to be poorly educated than an immigrant coming from a country with an excellent education system?...

    If so, many countries in Africa and South America may want to put an Embargo on USA immigrants.

    USA has the WORST EDUCATION stystem in the WORLD, dollar for dollar spent on students of any country on earth... Pathetic.

  31. #171
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    here
    Posts
    17,265

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    Interesting thought, I suppose that depends on what one's definition of "undesirable immigrant" is.
    Like a young college drop-out, raised in one of the poorest, communist countries in Europe, who came to the US on a visa that did not permit her to work, but she worked anyway, before starting a relationship with a twice-divorced, several-times bankrupt real estate developer?

    That's the type of "desirable" immigrant we should get?

  32. #172
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    2,896

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by ljb5 View Post
    I have already explained it to you.

    Go back and reread:

    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...35#post5448035

    It's not a question of whether these places are "wonderful."

    It's an issue of the poverty of values, understanding, empathy and compassion shown by our president in his speech and policy.
    No it's not. It's already been established that it's simply politics.

    One group (CoC), wants low skilled workers in order to keep labor costs at bay.
    The other group (DNC), wants more voters, and poor, gov't subsidized people are the easiest qiick fix.
    The average Trump voter has a job, and is going to get a raise next month, and may have already. This exaggeration will be forgotten. In the meantime, President Trump is steadfast in his position on immigration, and as the link by Sky Blue indicates, he's got plenty of support: it's what got him elected.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

  33. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    54,213

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by ljb5 View Post
    Like a young college drop-out, raised in one of the poorest, communist countries in Europe, who came to the US on a visa that did not permit her to work, but she worked anyway, before starting a relationship with a twice-divorced, several-times bankrupt real estate developer?

    That's the type of "desirable" immigrant we should get?
    But, she's good at plagiarizing other's speeches on National Television! That should be worth something!

  34. #174
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    54,213

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    No it's not. It's already been established that it's simply politics.

    One group (CoC), wants low skilled workers in order to keep labor costs at bay.
    The other group (DNC), wants more voters, and poor, gov't subsidized people are the easiest qiick fix.
    The average Trump voter has a job, and is going to get a raise next month, and may have already. This exaggeration will be forgotten. In the meantime, President Trump is steadfast in his position on immigration, and as the link by Sky Blue indicates, he's got plenty of support: it's what got him elected.
    You HAVE established it mdh, you and bobbys and Noise!

  35. #175

    Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    Interesting thought, I suppose that depends on what one's definition of "undesirable immigrant" is.

    would an immigrant from a country with poor education system be more likely to be poorly educated than an immigrant coming from a country with an excellent education system?...

    If so, many countries in Africa and South America may want to put an Embargo on USA immigrants.

    USA has the WORST EDUCATION stystem in the WORLD, dollar for dollar spent on students of any country on earth... Pathetic.
    Could you post a link to support this education thing or are you just channeling hannity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •