Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

Default Re: Trumpusses alleged ---- hole comment...

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    How will any of us manage to survive Trump's rudeness?

What of the fate of the Republic?
    The pendulum will swing Social Democrat
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

These are simply the comments of a depraved man.
    An adolescent in a locker room would know better behavior than that. That is (arguably) the reason for "locker rooms", to teach appropriate social skills to young adults. Anyone talking that way in a locker room today would be dismissed from the team.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

Im coming off the bench, do not fret
    What’s the matter? Did you get winded along the way? Stop for a Diet Pepsi?

Quote Originally Posted by ljb5 View Post
    We've certainly heard enough criticism and tawdry details about Democratic presidents. If you didn't mind that before, you don't get to complain now.
    Bang !
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gray View Post
    Must be bad, Noyes and bobbys are in full spin and damage control.
    Is it lucidly clear why I keep Noisy and bob-bob-bob-ies on my Ignore list?

(There was another line in this post, something about their inability to pound sand in a goddamn rat hole, but I decided to let it go.)

What’s the matter? Did you get winded along the way? Stop for a Diet Pepsi?

I have exceeded my limit on the other thread about this plus my wife said i have chores to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shang View Post
    Is it lucidly clear why I keep Noisy and bob-bob-bob-ies on my Ignore list?

(There was another line in this post, something about their inability to pound sand in a goddamn rat hole, but I decided to let it go.)

What! O no not you prefessor!.

I like shang.

Too bad he cannot accept other opinions.

Bet any conservitive failed those classes..

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

What! O no not you prefessor!.

I like shang.

Too bad he cannot accept other opinions.

Bet any conservitive failed those classes..
    Opinios are generally fine except those that have no basis in fact bobbys.

I have exceeded my limit on the other thread about this plus my wife said i have chores to do.
    Pulled a hamstring?

Sudden onset of heel spurs?

America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    Crying white mothers are ratings gold. -- National Rifle Association

The real issue is that the President used the first of the six words you can't say on TV. George Carlin would be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    if it's a closed door meeting with no press in the room then what is said there can remain confidential unless someone decides to Go Public... in this case with BAD publicity for already depressed and financially struggling parts of the world...

and WHY GO PUBLIC.... what advantage could there be for Democrats publicizing a negative statement by the president of the USA about of struggling 3rd world countries...?
    It is a strange world you inhabit.
    Tom L

You know, folks, it's probably time to stop responding to the likes of Noisy and Sky Brown. I know how tempting it can be, but maybe if we all make a concerted effort, they'll find something else to do.

What are you doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Those places are holes. That's why the people want to leave and take refuge, or emigrate elsewhere: and why dims, in so many words, say you can't send them back. But to call a hole, a hole, is breathlessly hideous. Except it didn't, and won't, work anymore, because calling a hole, a hole, may be a bit uncouth; but it's not racist.
    It's not the words, but the sentiments behind them that matter. Nixon and LBJ were famously vulgar (as, I suspect, were many others), but their vulgarity never caused an uproar. Trump's vulgarity is just a reflection of his depravity, and that's what is so disturbing in this case.

What do you think of these reflections of a very conservative columnist?

Proud to Live in a Nation of Holers
    Bret Stephens
    JAN. 12, 2018

As tourist destinations go, the Republic of Moldova — tucked between Ukraine and Romania — probably isn’t on anyone’s bucket list. It’s the poorest country in Europe, with per capita G.D.P. barely exceeding Sudan’s. Sex trafficking and organized crime are rampant. My memories of the place, from a visit 17 years ago, include roads that vanished into deep snow, Transnistrian border guards in Soviet uniforms, and an impoverished Holocaust survivor’s tale of a bleak life under Romanian, German and Soviet tyrants.

Let’s not mince words: Moldova is a hole. Modify with any four letters you wish.

I mention Moldova because it’s where my paternal grandfather was born in 1901. An anti-Semitic rampage in his hometown, Kishinev, soon forced his family to leave for New York, where my great-grandfather labored as a carpenter in the Brooklyn Navy Yard for eight dollars a week. Low skills, low wages, minimal English, lots of children and probably not the best hygiene — that’s half of my pedigree. The other half consisted of refugees.

I’m not alone. America is a nation of holers. It is an improbable yet wildly successful experiment in the transformation — by means of hope, opportunity and ambition — of holers into doers, makers, thinkers and givers. Are you of Irish descent? Italian? Polish? Scottish? Chinese? Chances are, your ancestors did not get on a boat because life in the old country was placid and prosperous and grandpa owned a bank. With few exceptions, Americans are the dregs of the wine, the chaff of the wheat. If you don’t know this by now, it makes you the wax in the ear.

Donald Trump is the wax in the ear.

Some of the fury — and most of the apologetics — surrounding the president’s alleged remark about “all these people from ****hole countries” concerns the nature of the countries themselves. Liberals can be squeamish about calling poor countries bad names, while conservatives such as Mark Steyn chortle that “nobody voluntarily moves to Haiti.” Which, let’s be real, is basically right.

Yet that’s beside the point. We are not talking about Haiti, El Salvador, Nigeria or any other country on the president’s insult list. What counts are the people from these countries, both those who are already in the United States as well as those who wish to come. Why should the president think they are any less fit to become Americans than the Norwegians he seems to fancy?

The obvious answer is racism, the same “textbook” case that Paul Ryan spoke of in June 2016 after Trump called a federal judge’s fitness into question on account of his ethnic heritage.

What about the argument that people from poor countries bring their national baggage with them — the dysfunctions and prejudices that help account for their troubles back home?

But immigrants are more likely to be fleeing those dysfunctions and prejudices than they are to be bringing them — just ask Dorsa Derakhshani, the international chess master from Iran who came to the United States last year because, as she wrote in an op-ed for The Times, the mullahs “cared more about the scarf covering my hair than the brain under it.” Vietnamese boat people did not bring fratricidal hatreds with them to America. Soviet refuseniks did not bring a Soviet work ethic.

This should go without saying, except that the age of Trump is also the age in which restatements of the obvious have become necessary for civilization. Also obvious is that immigrants don’t steal jobs. They fill jobs Americans won’t do or create those that haven’t been invented. They don’t bring crime to cities. They drive out crime by starting businesses and families in shrinking cities or underserved neighborhoods. They don’t undermine American culture. They feed, enrich and reinvent it, not least through their educational ambitions for themselves and their children.

This is true of most immigrants, but perhaps more so of the so-called “holers.” As Michelle Mittelstadt of the Migration Policy Institute notes, sub-Saharan Africans have “among the highest college-completion rates of any immigrant group.” As for Haitians, MPI found they had a higher labor participation rate than the overall work force, and had median household incomes of $47,200 — lower than the overall U.S. median, but robust by any developed nation standard.

How can this be? It shouldn’t be a mystery. Immigrants self-select. They have a broader perspective. They know their luck. They want it more. The miraculous in America is mostly invisible to those who’ve known nothing else. To really see it clearly, you must first rise up from a hole.

Donald Trump has not, to say the least, risen from a hole. But he is sinking into one. It may be that it won’t damage him politically — Republican Party leaders, increasingly unshameable, will mumble mild disapproval until the news cycle turns — but it does damage the country. We have a president even more ignorant of America than he is of the rest of the world.

Maybe there really is something wrong with the president’s head. Modify with any four letters you wish.

We've seen this before when conservatives reach the end of their rope. It's nihilism presented as a logical fallacy.

Having lost the argument on the merits, Sky Blue then asserts that the argument doesn't matter. Truth doesn't matter. Reality doesn't matter. None of it matters because we're all going to turn to dust eventually.

Your desire to live in a decent world is merely personal greed motivated by shallow self interest! How dare you!

Your desire to build a decent world for others is merely virtue-signaling, which is an impure impulse.

The only truly noble impulse is denouncing others for their virtue-signaling and petty efforts at progress.

... BAD publicity for already depressed and financially struggling parts of the world...what advantage could there be for Democrats publicizing a negative statement by the president of the USA about of struggling 3rd world countries...?
    Don't have the time to read this entire thread, but even in a world of spin this is an unusual take, remarkably creative yet at the same time completely transparent.
    Last edited by JimD; 01-13-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

We've seen this before when conservatives reach the end of their rope. It's nihilism presented as a logical fallacy.

Having lost the argument on the merits, Sky Blue then asserts that the argument doesn't matter. Truth doesn't matter. Reality doesn't matter. None of it matters because we're all going to turn to dust eventually.

Your desire to live in a decent world is merely personal greed motivated by shallow self interest! How dare you!

Your desire to build a decent world for others is merely virtue-signaling, which is an impure impulse.

The only truly noble impulse is denouncing others for their virtue-signaling and petty efforts at progress.
    Behaviour represents a person's best effort to deal with a situation as they perceive it. (What is the situation? How do they perceive it? Why is this their best effort......) I have often found that quite a useful idea.

When it comes to SB, you have the measure of the man. He seems to be getting more and more desperate, flailing about, but with with nothing left to offer except ever more pointless and repetitious attempts to wound and insult. Perhaps he's hurting (although pretends, unconvincingly, that he doesn't care) But it's hard to feel any empathy with one who denies the existence of such impulses in other people and so, presumably, in himself.
    "Mozart is the heart's touchstone" (Edwin Fischer)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lesser View Post
    It's not the words, but the sentiments behind them that matter. Nixon and LBJ were famously vulgar (as, I suspect, were many others), but their vulgarity never caused an uproar. Trump's vulgarity is just a reflection of his depravity, and that's what is so disturbing in this case.

What do you think of these reflections of a very conservative columnist?
    He neglects the context of the conversation, takes a wild stab for it, and repeats what so many broadcasters have already covered. Again: the context was, after laying out his plan to begin building the wall, ending the immigration lottery, and chain migration; the gang came back with a plan that expanded chain immigration. We want to limit immigration to those most likely to contribute to, and participate in, making this country as good as it can be. We've had years and years of low skilled, impoverished immigrants arriving, stressing the job market and burdening the economy, schools, medical providers, etc. Some of us believe it's time to return to a policy similar to what we had from 1920-1965, or what Australia has today. Norway was fresh on his mind from the Prime Minister's visit.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Trump has that many apologists, he doesn't really need a Goebbels.

What are you doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Don't have the time to read this entire thread, but even in a world of spin this is an unusual take, remarkably creative yet at the same time completely transparent.

the Question is... Why broadcast World Wide that X Y and Z countries are ----holes... even if the President did say that... why tell the world in a press release?...

NPR reports Trump made the despicable remarks in a PRIVATE closed door meeting...

What possible advantage could Democrats gain from publicizing negative comments and the problems of these struggling countries, and hurting US relations with them...?

the Question is...
    What possible advantage could Democrats gain from publicizing negative comments and the problems of these struggling countries, and hurting US relations with them...?
    No, the question is -- What possible advantage could the President gain from making such vulgar negative comments about the problems of these struggling countries?

Hasn't Haiti been in the News enough recently with troubles regarding, literally, open sewers and Horrific Sanitation issues that lead to a Cholera Outbreak?... Why would the Democrats think it is OK to go and TRUMPET these ALLEGED ---- hole statements by Trump in public?

All this destructive talk and Media Air Time, so Democrats can score some cheap political points at the expense of struggling 3RD world nations... sad.

Hasn't Haiti been in the News enough recently with troubles regarding, literally, open sewers and Horrific Sanitation issues that lead to a Cholera Outbreak?... Why would the Democrats think it is OK to go and TRUMPET these ALLEGED ---- hole statements by Trump in public?

All this destructive talk and Media Air Time, so Democrats can score some cheap political points at the expense of struggling 3RD world nations... sad.
    Obama's fault again...

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Trump's budget proposal called for a drastic cut in humanitarian aid to Haiti.

It is good that the world knows the true character of our President.

I would be supprised if Haiti takes any money from Trump and the USA!

Haitians are so offended by his comments I bet they refuse to take the Millions and Millions of dollars the Citizens of the US always give them.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Obama's fault again...
    actually I think it was the United Nations fault...

Whoooosshh.
    Do you think Haiti will refuse the 300 MILLION a year the USA gives them... because we offended them so much?

They prolly really hate us right now... no way they'll take the money, they are MAD! and OFFENDED by offensive words.

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Your President wished to cut humanitarian aid to Haiti.
    The Haitians are a proud and resilient people... if they are really as offended as the Democrats say they are by Trumpys comments I'm sure they will turn down the 300 Million a year from Trump administration.

actually I think...
    Is this a resolution? Keep trying, slugger...

Jeff C

Never argue with a fool

Argue with this. It is the consensus view of serious people.

Argue with this. It is the consensus view of serious people.
    I got as far as the second paragraph & read this:

The Left has co-opted our good manners and our good will in order to silence our opposition to their bad policies.
    That was all I needed to see to know that it was a slanted, lying article that would say nothing meaningful.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

hey, anyone remember Barack Obama?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BK-b4c4KEMA
    Last edited by LeeG; 01-13-2018 at 11:07 PM.

How about Michelle Obama?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XgqvfWEsaKg

the Question is... Why broadcast World Wide that X Y and Z countries are ----holes... even if the President did say that... why tell the world in a press release?...

NPR reports Trump made the despicable remarks in a PRIVATE closed door meeting...

Sheesh, you're still trying that argument?

It has been asked and answered, but since you're a bit slow on the uptake, I'll answer it again.

The voters have a right to know and a need to know what our representatives and leaders think and say.

We need this information so we can make informed decisions.

Let me know if you still don't understand who the American system works.