Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Projects from the past

Default Re: Projects from the past

So if anyone has questions or comments let me know, I'l be happy to answer them as best I can.

Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed it. I didn't take many pictures 35 years ago. I wish I had.

Walt glad you liked the pictures. I took a lot more pictures then this. But probably half of them didn't turn out and I didn't know until they were developed. Since you were able to take pictures 35 years ago you I sure you know what I mean.

Pretty neat, One thing that sticks out for me is the hardware. For the most part those days are gone for your average builder and boater. Did you do or redo any of the raised panels? Man have I put a coat or two of varnish on those many years ago. You would think that you would never finish a dozen in a day sometimes.
    WBF=DNC

Erster,

Yes I did all the raised panels. There were two carpenters on this job, myself and a marina employee. When we first started the panels I brought my shaper over to the marina. It's a little old thing with a half inch spindle and we burned the motor up in no time. The yard bought a commercial shaper with a 1" spindle to finish the work. We had two painters and a helper on this project. The other carpenter, myself and the helper did all the restoration and mechanicals.