Thread: Snowing in Charleston, SC

Default Snowing in Charleston, SC

1D2088E5-2190-4B5D-8E1E-BB1D5559D54A.jpg Picture is worth a thousand words. I donít know why the image inserter rotated the photo.

Default Re: Snowing in Charleston, SC

Looks like some freezing rain, too. We had that a couple of weeks ago, but here in the Pacific Northwest we're supposed ​to.

All snow, 3-5” , a new record. Probably all gone by Friday. Forecast for next week is 60’s for highs.

3-5" doesn't even raise an eyebrow here in the boonies of Vermont, but for you guys, it's quite an event mostly because you don't have any equipment to deal with it.
    That ice is the real problem. But, like you day, you'll be back in balmy weather next week.
    Stay safe.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Will the tide rise into the streets of downtown Charleston today? That would make it messy. We lived there back in the eighties. Would like to have a winter liveaboard there at http://stjohnsyachtharbor.com/?page_id=31
    Last edited by rbgarr; 01-04-2018 at 05:56 PM.
    If I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, eventually they would find me attractive.

Heck, parts of downtown flood whenever there is a thunderstorm that coincides with high tide.
    Re: Rich and raised eyebrows, The governor and the Mayor have declared a state of emergency due to the winter storm.
    A real danger is ice falling off the cables of the bridges connecting Charleston over the rivers and Harbor. Especially the Ravenel Bridge which is a true engineering marvel. If a chunk of ice hits your windshield it can kill you. That and the ice on the elevated roadways.