Thread: Cool light for camp cruising

Default Cool light for camp cruising

Got one of these for Christmas. Seemed like a jimcrack at first, but it gives a surprisingly bright and useful light. $20.

"The PackLite Nova USB is a high performing, inflatable solar lantern. It provides over 75 lumens of bright LED light on Turbo mode and can run for up to 24 hours on Low mode when fully charged (no extra batteries required). The PackLite Nova USB can be recharged by micro USB input (cord included) or by the built-in solar panel in approximately 10 hours of sun. It measures 4.75" x 4.75" x 4.75" when inflated and packs down to less than 1" in depth. The PackLite Nova USB has a 4-level battery charge indicator and adjustable strap for hanging. Its 100% waterproof and dustrproof design makes it a durable lantern that you can take with you anywhere. The PackLite Nova USB makes an ideal light for just about anywhere including the campsite, backyard and emergency kits."

Waterproof. Hard to break. The inflatable bit increases the size of the illuminated surface. The orange strap lets you mount it on deck to charge all day and hang it at night.

https://luminaid.com/collections/sol...klite-nova-usb
    We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! óCole Porter

Default Re: Cool light for camp cruising

Dope! I will be adding that to the kit to go with the slick little stove with usb output I recently got for the boat. Good for boiling, makes a nice little warming fire, and charges the stuff...

Thanks for the heads up.

Peace,
    Robert

Default Re: Cool light for camp cruising

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Dope! I will be adding that to the kit to go with the slick little stove with usb output I recently got for the boat. Good for boiling, makes a nice little warming fire, and charges the stuff...

Thanks for the heads up.
    Did you get a BioLite stove? They sent me a prototype to test. I had some suggestions, which they ignored.
    We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! óCole Porter