Thread: Murphy Crown Laker 19

Default Murphy Crown Laker 19

Hello. Deep in December I have been trolling the web looking for interesting boats. I came across a boat built in 1990 by Murphy Boat Works in La Crosse, Wisconsin. I have scoured the web looking for information on Murphy boats but there is precious little out there and I am wondering if anybody on this forum knows about the company (based on what I can see, they stopped making boats in the 90s) and on the boats themselves. Are they high quality? Anything to watch out for when evaluating such a boat?

Many thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by fergus9761 View Post
    Hello. Deep in December I have been trolling the web looking for interesting boats. I came across a boat built in 1990 by Murphy Boat Works in La Crosse, Wisconsin. I have scoured the web looking for information on Murphy boats but there is precious little out there and I am wondering if anybody on this forum knows about the company (based on what I can see, they stopped making boats in the 90s) and on the boats themselves. Are they high quality? Anything to watch out for when evaluating such a boat?

Many thanks in advance

Hi Fergus,

I do not know these boats but I can offer this: every used boat is an individual. A boat of high pedigree combined with an indifferent owner can make the boat of lesser pedigree owned by an attentive skipper the better boat overall. So, while the provenance of this vessel may add a premium to the price or make it more marketable, one needs to look hard at the boat. Even for the skilled, a surveyor makes sense, since they inspect the boat without the decision-clouding emotion of a prospective owner.

Good Luck!

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.