Thread: Torosaurus fossil found in Denver

Default Torosaurus fossil found in Denver

Pretty cool!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...cid=spartandhp

The seeming bones of a triceratops found at a Denver-area construction site turned out to be those of a much rarer dinosaur.

The Denver Museum of Nature and Science said Tuesday that the skull and partial skeleton found in the suburb of Thornton last August belonged to a torosaurus, the triceratops' close cousin

“While the number of good triceratops specimens collected from the American West likely exceeds 2,000 individuals, there are only about seven partial skulls of torosaurus known," Joe Sertich, the museum's dinosaur curator, said in a statement.

Default Re: Torosaurus fossil found in Denver

Elect it to congress……………. can't do worse.

Remember your dinosaur "phase"? I don't know, but imagine most kids(boys?) go through a period of fascination with the beasts. I had plastic dinosaurs, dinosaur stamp books, mock dinosaur wars, wars between dinosaurs and G.I....

Where's Frank, to remind us that dinos and humans hung out together?
    So many questions, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
    Remember your dinosaur "phase"?
    Totally! Growing up in MD I made a few trips to Calvert Cliffs before they shut it down to the public. I've never found anything more significant than that and now live in granite country, but I had the bug bad!

Quote Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
    Remember your dinosaur "phase"? I don't know, but imagine most kids(boys?) go through a period of fascination with the beasts. I had plastic dinosaurs, dinosaur stamp books, mock dinosaur wars, wars between dinosaurs and G.I....

Where's Frank, to remind us that dinos and humans hung out together?
    ....had?

I still have my British Museum plastic dinosaur models, picked up when the Miami Museum of Science had a display of audioanimatronic dinosaurs, back in the late 1970s or so. Made an interesting combination with the planetarium show.

Hope the voyage is a long one.
    May there be many a summer morning when,
    with what pleasure, what joy,
    you come into harbors seen for the first time...

Ithaka, by Cavafy
    (Keeley - Sherrard translation)

Quote Originally Posted by sharpiefan View Post
    ....had?

I still have my British Museum plastic dinosaur models, picked up when the Miami Museum of Science had a display of audioanimatronic dinosaurs, back in the late 1970s or so. Made an interesting combination with the planetarium show.
    My father and us kids used to build a train garden every Christmas. (A lot of areas of the country don't know what that is, but I remember it fondly.) My dinos made it into the landscape several years running.

Ive got 5 grandkids. 4 girls 1 boy. All but one have gone through the Dino phase. The youngest hasn't discovered them yet.
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

Torosaurus, wasn't that a Ford model?

I live in a place that is called 'the dinosaur coast' because of the wealth of fossils of dinosaurs and some early mammals in the cliffs. It was at one tome a river valley between Tasmania and the mainland. You can walk along the rock shelves and find fossils under your feet, some discoveries have been made by schoolchildren on an excursion, including one of my nephews.