Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gentlemen. The Queen

Default Gentlemen. The Queen

https://pix.sfly.com/kW4BXN

Queen Elizabeth II to be exact, and that's her Captain, Peter Opry, standing on the bow bulb. She must have been really empty for him to take a perch on the bulb.

Default Re: Gentlemen. The Queen

Dale, that is a duff link.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Thumbs up Re: Gentlemen. The Queen

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

So Mr. What did you do?? Tell me for next time.

Probably not out of trim.

so, Mr?

I can't remember exactly.
    I tried to make it bigger.
    It works, that's the important thing.

image address=https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/002030874973/media/22277498566/small/1417543109/enhance

I'd love to see the look on his face.
    Last edited by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All; 12-02-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Hey Dale! I was wondering how you feel about prince Harry marrying a woman who's half black and a Jew to boot!? You must be fuming. Good for you.
    "Please be more specific or we'll choose to order a cheaper bilge-rat to replace you."

~seanz

What a strange thing to post Mike.
    That girl is beautiful and Harry is a lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All View Post
    What a strange thing to post Mike.
    That girl is beautiful and Harry is a lucky man.
    I agree with you. But based on past opinions posted by our good man Dale here, he would rather that races don't mix. I just wanted to make sure he knew the news and the rest of you know that if you engage him, you're encouraging his proclivities.
    "Please be more specific or we'll choose to order a cheaper bilge-rat to replace you."

~seanz

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    I agree with you. But based on past opinions posted by our good man Dale here, he would rather that races don't mix. I just wanted to make sure he knew the news and the rest of you know that if you engage him, you're encouraging his proclivities.
    I remember that post clearly http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...42#post4795342

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V. View Post
    Thank you for remembering. It has to be clear from here on out that not every opinion should be tolerated. Especially completely baseless racist opinions like that one.

~seanz

For Posterity: from

Quote Originally Posted by Dale R. Hamilton View Post
    I'm just appalled and I deplore the media's exploitation of this shameful trend.

~seanz

In fairness, it could've been misinterpreted - though he never explained himself on that thread.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Why couldn't you have started another thread rather than soiling this one?
    Ratus ratus bilgeous snipeous!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    In fairness, it could've been misinterpreted - though he never explained himself on that thread.
    It wasn't misinterpreted. If Dale even gave a half-hearted back-sliding response to the criticism of his comment, I'd chalk it up as a troll and would have left it at that. He did not. He is clearly un-apologetic. Notice, he has not deleted the comment and this is not the first time I've reminded him of his vileness since. He's proud of it. Frankly, If I were Scot, I'd have banned him straight off.

~seanz

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Adams View Post
    He doesn't deserve to be here. Do you agree with his sentiment and that he should go unchallenged in stating it? It's disgusting.

~seanz

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Adams View Post
    Just let this sink. It was only a bit of fluff anyway.

Careful there, McMike; who 'deserves' to be here is totally up to Scot, and we have no say in it. There are plenty of reprehensible people, some who post in The Bilge regularly. Should they be driven off, too? Do you or I get to say who should go or who should stay? I think not. I don't know Dale well enough to have any opinion of him other that he occasionally posts on the WBF - much the same as my knowledge of you. I do know that he builds lovely boats. If being able to build a boat is enough to allow an apparent xenophobe and vicious anti-liberal such as Daniel Noyes to post freely on the WBF, then it is enough to allow Dale to post without being attacked as a racist. You may find him disgusting, but you do not have the right to muzzle him. As has been said many times here, if you don't like the guy, don't read his posts.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Careful there, McMike; who 'deserves' to be here is totally up to Scot, and we have no say in it. There are plenty of reprehensible people, some who post in The Bilge regularly. Should they be driven off, too? Do you or I get to say who should go or who should stay? I think not. I don't know Dale well enough to have any opinion of him other that he occasionally posts on the WBF - much the same as my knowledge of you. I do know that he builds lovely boats. If being able to build a boat is enough to allow an apparent xenophobe and vicious anti-liberal such as Daniel Noyes to post freely on the WBF, then it is enough to allow Dale to post without being attacked as a racist. You may find him disgusting, but you do not have the right to muzzle him. As has been said many times here, if you don't like the guy, don't read his posts.
    I appreciate your opinion, always and truly. As stated, I have no power but to remind everyone that Dale, unlike Daniel who dances around his opinions with his little pink tutu, has clearly stated his opinion. A person like Dale has no value to me no matter what he can do. And also, given the resources he clearly has, anybody can do what he does, he's not special, just rich.

While I agree, Dale has much more to contribute to the wooden boat narrative that this forum is based on than I; if Scot sees fit to censure me and not him, it shows us all who think differently from Dale that we are in the wrong place to be learning about boats. And it would show, those of us who remain after such a decision, how little integrity we truly have.

~seanz

He may have no value to you, but you are not the only participant here. You say that Dale has clearly stated his opinions here, and that you dislike them. Now you have clearly stated your opinion. Move on, and don't be a cyber-stalker.

I appreciate your opinion, always and truly. As stated, I have no power but to remind everyone that Dale, unlike Daniel who dances around his opinions with his little pink tutu, has clearly stated his opinion. A person like Dale has no value to me no matter what he can do. And also, given the resources he clearly has, anybody can do what he does, he's not special, just rich.
    These are my thoughts about da Noise, which is why I have taken steps to not see any of his posts.
    If others value the boatbuilding skills enough to offset the bigotry, that is their problem and good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    He may have no value to you, but you are not the only participant here. You say that Dale has clearly stated his opinions here, and that you dislike them. Now you have clearly stated your opinion. Move on, and don't be a cyber-stalker.
    I wonder if you feel the same way about the press that keeps reminding us how disgusting Trump is? These people need to be drawn out and the rest of us need to be forced to make a stand or allow their behavior. If that's stalking, and maybe it is a bit, then so be it. Danial, for what it's worth, has a talent of reminding us every day who he is, there's no need for me to remind anyone.

~seanz

I wonder if you feel the same way about the press that keeps reminding us how disgusting Trump is? These people need to be drawn out and the rest of us need to be forced to make a stand or allow their behavior. If that's stalking, and maybe it is a bit, then so be it. Danial, for what it's worth, has a talent of reminding us every day who he is, there's no need for me to remind anyone.
    The press are paid for their "stalking" of public figures. On here it is harassment or cyber bullying that could bring our hosts name into disrepute. It is about the only behaviour that might prompt me to mash the button.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    The press are paid for their "stalking" of public figures. On here it is harassment or cyber bullying that could bring our hosts name into disrepute. It is about the only behaviour that might prompt me to mash the button.
    So be it. Did you mash the button on his offending post? Clearly more offensive to many here than my petty utterances.

~seanz

He doesn't deserve to be here. Do you agree with his sentiment and that he should go unchallenged in stating it? It's disgusting.
    You have become that which you profess to hate.

McMike, please; you have stated your opinion, made your point. Please move on. To belabour your opinion in public about a private person on WoodenBoat's forum is unbecoming. Please let it rest.

Mike - I'll second the "let it go". This is a wide ranging group of people & we're all bound to disagree with others on some things. If you don't like a person's views - ignore them - just as you would in the real world.

As an example - there are probably some here who disagree with a person owning a pistol. That's their right, just as it is yours to own one here in the US. This country is based on freedom (well - it was before the Reps gained control this time around) & people have the right to their opinion - even if you disagree with it. If you deny a person the right to their opinion (no matter how you feel about it) - you are going against the founding principals of the US & trying to move it towards a dictatorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Mike - I'll second the "let it go". This is a wide ranging group of people & we're all bound to disagree with others on some things. If you don't like a person's views - ignore them - just as you would in the real world.

As an example - there are probably some here who disagree with a person owning a pistol. That's their right, just as it is yours to own one here in the US. This country is based on freedom (well - it was before the Reps gained control this time around) & people have the right to their opinion - even if you disagree with it. If you deny a person the right to their opinion (no matter how you feel about it) - you are going against the founding principals of the US & trying to move it towards a dictatorship.
    So, he has the right to express his opinion but I don't have a right to express my rebuttal? Lol, You could ignore me as well; no? This conversation would have ended an hour ago if you did, yet I'm the one who is wrong . . . This is why we have Trump.

~seanz

So, he has the right to express his opinion but I don't have a right to express my rebuttal? Lol, You could ignore me as well; no? This conversation would have ended an hour ago if you did, yet I'm the one who is wrong . . . This is why we have Trump.
    This wasn't the time or place - the other thread was. But - I'll now ignore you on this one since you asked - especially after accusing me of helping us get Trump.

You did voice your rebuttal - multiple times on this thread alone. You made your point - we know your opinion of Dale. You can stop now. Please.

WOW. I have not checked WBF in a couple of weeks. It would have been a shame if I had entirely missed all that bile directed at me. But these last 31 posts do deserve an answer. So let me make it clear, my position has not changed that the races should not be mixed. The problem is the fruit of such a union. That mixed race child will be discriminated against by both races for something that is not his fault. As to me being a racist, I have served two full government careers where I was in charge of other people, many being Negros. Promotions, transfers and discipline were mine to give. In more than 40 years I was never called a racist- except here. Yes, Negro is their race- sorry.
    Two government careers, and we all know how easily an authority figure can be maligned as something he is not.

Why do you think offspring of mixed race couples would be discriminated against by both parental races? For what? Not being pure?

Have you been living under a rock most of your life? Your opinions are from around 1830.

dale, i can understand being a product of your time. those things you say were certainly true (to an extent) 30-40 years ago. but kids these days aren't like that anymore. half my kids' sports teams are mixed race kids. they don't even notice or ask questions about it. they're more worried about minecraft.

And Dale, take a DNA test, I guarantee you, you'll find African in you.