Thread: Looking for info on a 1926, 32' Atkin double ender named Victoria

Default Looking for info on a 1926, 32' Atkin double ender named Victoria

I am hoping ya'll can help me out and dig up some information on an old vessel we just purchased.

We are building an Atkin Ingrid and recently purchased a 32' Atkin that is encrusted in bronze and mahogany for parts. Her backbone, hull and deck are shot, but the bronze, mahogany interior and Perkins diesel are all in great shape!

We know very little about the boats history and we would love to find out more!

Here is what we "know" I'd take it all with a grain of salt. Not sure of the accuracy.

Name- Victoria
    Year built- 1926/1927, in Brooklyn NY by Aadlund's Boatyard
    Hull #- 550120
    Weight- 13 GRT, 11 NRT
    32' on deck, 11' beam and according to the paper work she drafts either 7'5" or 5'6" (5'6" seems more accurate)

We have been told she is a Atkin Dragon but have also been told she is a Thistle with a modified deck plan.

She is gaff cutter rigged, iron ballast, ceder planking and mahogany decked.

Previous owners starting with most recent

Bruce Anderson, Mattapoisett Ma
    Edward J Snyder the third and Simon V. Tomko, Westminster Ma
    Jack D. Donowho, St. Petersburg Florida

We have been told she was a southern boat mainly Florida and the Caribbean, there was a post card aboard from 1943 from a anchorage in the Caribbean. She also supposedly went through the Panama Canal and spent some time in the Pacific. She was sailed to Massachusetts sometime around 2007 and has been up this way since then.

We have two surveys, one from 2004 and one from 2007. 2004 lists her in good condition, 2007 lists her in fair condition with some serious work to be done that was never done.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    ACORN TO ARABELLA
    For additional info on this project:

www.acorntoarabella.com
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi...WB1xCp6uuUo0VA

Default Re: Looking for info on a 1926, 32' Atkin double ender named Victoria

I love the way you guys build in history, making the boat part of the stream of sailing.

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Yup, She may never die !

Check the Atkin plans here: http://www.atkinboatplans.com/Sail/index4.html . Eric, Dragon, and Thistle have noticeable differences in the length of the keel or sweep of the forefoot.
    Peter Belenky