Thread: Looking for George Rogers - Belfast, Maine - Prior Owner of a Quincy Adams 17

Default Looking for George Rogers - Belfast, Maine - Prior Owner of a Quincy Adams 17

Hi All-

I am trying to reach a certain George Rogers who sold a Quincy Adams 17 to Sterling Klinck around the year 1999. Sterling ran a boat shop in Upstate, New York and kept the QA 17 on Canandaigua Lake. I have one letter from George to Sterling offering to send pictures of his restoration (who worked alongside a professional boat builder - who was not named in the correspondence...). George had a 10 year long history with the boat which was also offered up to Sterling but the email address that George sent from is no longer working.

If anyone knows George or the builder who may have worked on the Quincy Adams out of Belfast in the 90's please have them get in touch.

Regards-
    Fred DeWolf
    fmdewolf@gmail.com
    401-239-7600

Default Re: Looking for George Rogers - Belfast, Maine - Prior Owner of a Quincy Adams 17

These guys have been in Belfast for a long time, 1996.
    http://frenchwebb.com/contact/

And this place since 1972 I guess.
    http://www.hollandsboatshop.com/contact_us

Just a shot-in-the-dark on my part.

Default Re: Looking for George Rogers - Belfast, Maine - Prior Owner of a Quincy Adams 17

Dale Cottrell has been around a while in neighboring Searsport and could be worth an ask.

http://cottrellboatbuilding.com/

French & Webb would be my first guess, too, though.

I'm in the neighborhood, but only moved here 3 years ago, and haven't heard of a George Rogers.

Thanks all for your help: Spoke with George this morning and it turns he had the boat in a shed in Belfast for the better part of a decade from 1984 thru til the mid-90's and hired the majority of the work out a piece at a time over that decade. He's hoping to find some time to sort through his photographs and put together some of the documentation for the work as well as it's time spent sailing of the coast of Maine.

Now all I have to do is piece together the history of the boat from 1984 back to 1947 or 48...

Good ending to your search. Nice detective work.