Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The OTHER Mass Shooting Of The Day

Default Re: The OTHER Mass Shooting Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    Johnston said that deputies were familiar with the gunman.

“We​ have a history with him,” Johnston said. “He was out on bail for assault with a deadly weapon that occurred in January. He was not law enforcement friendly.”​​​​​​

"In the shooting’s aftermath, residents say the gunman was often heard firing weapons.

Marty Mikkelsen lived down the street from Neal, she said. She'd never spoken to him, but she knew him because every night for the past year or so, he would shoot guns for about 10 minutes.

"You'll hear big guns and little ones. You hear a boom-boom-boom that goes on forever, then sometimes you'll hear pops," Mikkelsen said. Sometimes a neighbor would call the police, but he was usually gone by the time they arrived, Mikkelsen said."

-------------

hhhhhmmmmmm, no warning signs! How strange!
    What? So that's 'normal' enough as to just excite "familiarity" amongst the law enforcement community. Seems to me that that attiude shares some of the responsibility.
    Unless of course the law is so weak that they had no jurisdiction until he shot someone to death.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Unless of course the law is so weak that they had no jurisdiction until he shot someone to death.
    Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!!!
    Tom

...... shall not be infringed!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Well well, it's worse than I thought.
    School lotto is now a national shooting game?

Is this the same mass shooting, or another California nut job?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ra...cid=spartandhp

Rancho Tehama gunman killed his wife and hid her body under their home, authorities say
    It's getting so they come so fast it's hard to tell them apart.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Is this the same mass shooting, or another California nut job?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ra...cid=spartandhp
    Same one that shot up the elementary school.
    Tom

The're so damn many..... we need a better scoring system!

Like some dystopian game show!

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --

"It's getting so they come so fast it's hard to tell them apart."

…...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wilkinson View Post
    Same one that shot up the elementary school.
    I was a visiting lecturer in a high school yesterday. The kids were so delightful and inquisitive! The idea of some POS walking into a school with a gun has gone from shocking to repugnant to me. I can't even think of these shooters as human beings right now.

no surprise here:

The arsenal that police said Kevin Janson Neal used during Tuesday's deadly rampage in northern California included two AR-15 type semi-automatic rifles with multi-round magazines that he assembled himself, police told NBC News on Thursday.

One of the high-powered rifles was found outside the grade school in rural Rancho Tehama Reserve that Neal riddled with bullets, police said. The other lethal weapon was found at the spot where Neal was killed in a gun battle with officers.
    Skip

no surprise here:

The arsenal that police said Kevin Janson Neal used during Tuesday's deadly rampage in northern California included two AR-15 type semi-automatic rifles with multi-round magazines that he assembled himself, police told NBC News on Thursday.

One of the high-powered rifles was found outside the grade school in rural Rancho Tehama Reserve that Neal riddled with bullets, police said. The other lethal weapon was found at the spot where Neal was killed in a gun battle with officers.
    Since I know nothing about guns and I'm happy to stay that way, this is just a poor opinion:

I don't think it's the type of gun in the sense that they are more dangerous. I think it's the mindset that wants a gun that seems more dangerous. I know these nutters go deer hunting with these things as well. They want to play Rambo in the woods with Bambi and then a few of them .... I can't even finish that sentence.

no surprise here:

Referred to as "Ghost Guns" because they're not sold as firearms - they're sold as incomplete parts or kits and don't have any serial numbers or any other identifying information. I think that this practice should be strictly illegal. The purchaser typically has to do some minor drilling/machining and when that is done, they assemble the parts to have a fully functional firearm. Apparently there is not much which is illegal about doing this for personal use. The sale of ghost guns made this way to others is illegal however.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Referred to as "Ghost Guns" because they're not sold as firearms - they're sold as incomplete parts or kits and don't have any serial numbers or any other identifying information. I think that this practice should be strictly illegal. The purchaser typically has to do some minor drilling/machining and when that is done, they assemble the parts to have a fully functional firearm. Apparently there is not much which is illegal about doing this for personal use. The sale of ghost guns made this way to others is illegal however.
    Well …….. me, "personal use" eh? That's precisely what he did with them, used them personally………………