Thread: The rich keep getting richer

Default The rich keep getting richer

Default Re: The rich keep getting richer

Similar data from the Urban Wealth Institute with nine charts relating to wealth inequality:

http://apps.urban.org/features/wealt...uality-charts/

........and the good old pie graph gives a good visual indication. A detail to watch though is the pie graphs will be different for income verses wealth.

http://currydemocrats.org/american-pie/

......and an article illustrating how the stats can be manipulated:
    http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articl...acked-the-Deck
    If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question

I wonder where they will go when they've sucked the vitality out of the American society and all that's left is crime?

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    I wonder where they will go when they've sucked the vitality out of the American society and all that's left is crime?
    Well the multinationals have already gone to China with their manufacturing, they will be found where the cheapest labour can be had!

...........and as is becoming increasingly obvious American big money is in bed with Russian big money.

Then there are all the other small nations like Australia, the African continent South America and lets not forget the US imperial onslaught on the Middle East, where the process is well on the way but are yet to be bled to death like USA has been.

I know this has been posted before in another context,

but in visual, the answer is:

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question

Quote Originally Posted by Hallam View Post
    ......and an article illustrating how the stats can be manipulated ...
    I used to look at charts showing inequality in income or wealth and see the inequality. Then I started to think.

My thinking about wealth is easier to explain if I move 10 years into the future. I will have a certain amount of wealth. Top 5%. My kids will be in the top 10%. And my grandkids will be in the bottom 10%. Certainly my kids and grandkids are misrepresented by that classification. Not everyone grows into their family's wealth, but there is massive distortion.

In a similar manner, charts that show income inequality are distorted. If we compare income stats from 40 years ago and currently, we might notice that the statistics involve different people at different points in their lives. We might deduce that opportunity has increased. (Typical income charts show that over the past 40 years 9% of the population moved from middle class to rich. I don't think that is all that bad.)

There is certainly data that shows both wealth and income income inequality is increasing, but these charts don't show that. And that invalidates any claims the author of those graphs makes.
    Life is complex.

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

Why does it keep trickling up instead of down as the Repugs say it will.

It seems unsustainable to me, from a societal viewpoint. Unless the Trilateral Commission intends on creating an under-class of serfs. ;-)
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.