Thread: Pretty good documentary on the clipper ships, including a friend of mine..

Default Pretty good documentary on the clipper ships, including a friend of mine..

Captain Peter King is the expert on the THERMOPYLAE. (Which incidentally was designed by Bermard Waymouth who was not a professional naval architect - he was the Secretary of Lloyds' Register. )

Some interview footage with Eric Newby and other former windjammer apprentices.

IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Default Re: Pretty good documentary on the clipper ships, including a friend of mine..

There are Waymouths in my Family , in fact they were pretty well known boatbuilders and sailors here in Auckland Circa 1880's thereabouts.
    Family legend has an association with the Thermopylae, but the people who used to talk about it are gone now.
    My Granny used to talk of visiting her grandparents ,and the hallway was lined with half models. I've seen quite a few of them myself over the years, but the ones supposed to come to me got waylaid in the usual family political shenanigans. Not that I'm resentful at all, nooooo.

I'll watch that later , thanks Andrew.

Default Re: Pretty good documentary on the clipper ships, including a friend of mine..

Excellent video!!! Thanks Andrew!

Fun video! I wonder if some of that footage is the stuff Villiers shot on the last Parma voyage?

Great video Thanks

Thanks

JD
    Last edited by J. Dillon; 11-15-2017 at 08:04 PM.
    Senior Ole Salt # 650