Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45

Thread: Oznabrag is the BROTHM of November!

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

Default Re: Oznabrag is the BROTHM of November!

But, Rob is special.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    But, Rob is special.
    Of course... he rides a dirt bike.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Come on Rob, you aren't so special.

I was banned at the same time as you, for the same length of time.
    Special? No.

Completely innocent of the entire event? Yes.

Peace,
    Robert

Of course... he rides a dirt bike.
    Yeah, but I intend to put a big Dakar type screen on it to make highways bearable.

So there is that.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    But, Rob is special.
    As are you, Brother.

And, thank you for the kind words.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Yeah, but I intend to put a big Dakar type screen on it to make highways bearable.

So there is that.

Peace,
    Robert
    I've never had a problem with the air pressure - other than on one ride on the Funduro, when I did over 1,800 km one weekend - I was getting a bit of buffeting at high speed.

I fitted a screen to my 750/4 back in the late 70's because I was doing night-time winter rides through the mountains every Friday and Sunday nights... and I wanted some respite from the cold. I got rid of it - a Vetter(ish) style fairing - after literally being blown off the highway.

My Super Enduro had a clear screen fitted when I bought it. I took it off after one ride.

I don't want extra weight over the forks on a dirt bike... and I don't want a screen to crash into every time I go over the bars (which is far too often).
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

I've never had a problem with the air pressure - other than on one ride on the Funduro, when I did over 1,800 km one weekend - I was getting a bit of buffeting at high speed.

I fitted a screen to my 750/4 back in the late 70's because I was doing night-time winter rides through the mountains every Friday and Sunday nights... and I wanted some respite from the cold. I got rid of it - a Vetter(ish) style fairing - after literally being blown off the highway.

My Super Enduro had a clear screen fitted when I bought it. I took it off after one ride.

I don't want extra weight over the forks on a dirt bike... and I don't want a screen to crash into every time I go over the bars (which is far too often).
    Yes, well a few hours at 75-80mph and I sure would appreciate a more upright windscreen.
    Which is what were talking about, here. A more vertical, useful, and out of the way windscreen on a dual surface, high speed motorbike.

Peace,
    Robert

P.S. Over the bars? Maybe if I were hustling over my head and hit a big g out, or if I were jumping and cased it or lipped my rear wheel.
    Nah. This thing is smooth as silk up to about 40-45 mph on the dirt. And I dont ride like a ding dong. Im more concerned about falling OVER.

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Yes, well a few hours at 75-80mph and I sure would appreciate a more upright windscreen.
    Which is what we’re talking about, here. A more vertical, useful, and out of the way windscreen on a dual surface, high speed motorbike.

Peace,
    Robert

P.S. Over the bars? Maybe if I were hustling over my head and hit a big g out, or if I were jumping and cased it or lipped my rear wheel.
    Nah. This thing is smooth as silk up to about 40-45 mph on the dirt. And I don’t ride like a ding dong. I’m more concerned about falling OVER.
    It was before your time around here, but I rode a bike from Oz up to the China border... and then around a bit. In the Northern Territory (part of Oz), the main roads are un-restricted. No speed limits. Same, for all practical purposes anyhow, in some of the other countries I rode in. I cracked the ton in every country (wasn't easy in Timor-Leste) and well over the ton on the dirt in some. Riding the big bike, I cruised at about 60 kph faster on the road than I do on the 613. I don't flog it on the bitumen - probably never had it over 130 (80 mph) on the tar... as I'm using Asian rubbers and the knobs fling off if you get too much over 100.

The big bike though... sitting on 160 kph... is fine. The wind just doesn't create a problem. I've got video - taken one-handed - where the speedo is visible at over 180. Stable as, bro.

... and yeah - over the bars on the Super Enduro. Wasn't nice. Another forumite was there and she thought I was going to be a bit messed up, but it was OK (few aches). Very steep downhill... got going a bit too fast and up came the back wheel before I could get my weight further back.

Not as low as you though. Like others, you are making assumptions without facts, but beyond that you have moved into cyberbullying mode. That's what using names is when a person chooses not to use their name, but someone outs them. Did it make you feel better?

Mea culpa! Ive been here so long, and am getting old I know when you first came aboard you were I** G******. I forgot you had changed to a Nom de Poulet moniker. My error. Apologies.
    "Congress doesn't regulate Wall Street, Wall Street regulates Congress."

MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY! "I have heard of some kind of men that put quarrels purposely on others."

As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

International Financial Conspirator, Collaborator, Gun Runner, Ace Philosopher-King and all-around smartie pants

"Handles" on various forums are interesting. Some people use them as a way to maintain the privacy of their identity. Sometimes this is to allow a professional to participate in a forum like this without contributions being freighted with reputation. Sometimes use of a handle is simply a desire to remain anonymous.

There are also people who withhold their human identity who are trolls or feel like trolls to people of opposing hot flashes. These people sometimes become objects of speculation and investigation, especially if an internet community believes they are acting as sock puppets. Personally, I'm too lazy and too uninterested in conspiracies to bother with that sort of kremlinology.

There are people who have a handle but have also shown their legal names. Joe now Southern California springs to mind: An especially apt example given that Joe was visciously cyber attacked in reaction to his presence here. Joe is not the only example of a person who was stalked and attacked across the internet. Such cyber stalking and cyber attacking is a long long way from engaging in an honestly held controversy on a forum.

We all take some level of risk by participation here, and there is such a thing as cyberbullying, which must not be tolerated. But not every difference is cyberbullying.
    A person who has posted pictures of himself, who has used his legal name on FaceBook and referred to that (especially the ancestry issues raised by his middle name) both in FaceBook and here is at the least unrealistic to think that it's somehow "cyberbullying" to address him by his legal name. It seems an especially silly charge coming from a person of great physical, intellectual, and emotional size.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Hmmm, I came up with something different. A not so sly way of being derogatory.
    Just wondering who it might be, it was a question; Does he have a name?

old mate
    "Old mate" is an Australian Colloquialism, usually used to refer to someone who you do not know the name of. It is normally used as a substitute for "that guy", "this guy", "his" or "he". The person referred to as "old mate" is normally the subject of ridicule. When you use the term "old mate", the target audience will normally always know who you are talking about, or easily be able to work it out.

old mate
    Used to describe someone you dislike thereby avoiding using their name.
    Aye, Jake.. Amazingly enough, there is a certain someone who shall be unnamed who uses this very 'title'.. seemingly in that very disparaging way.. to refer to a forumite who has made himself scarce for 18 months or so (admittedly, some part, banded..)..

but the certain nameless someone is always so polite & respectful..

or so we are told to believe.

why am I reminded of "so, who ya gonna believe? me? or your lyin' eyes?"

So, any word on the 'out of the pool' sentence length our 2 texans are experiencing?

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    So, any word on the 'out of the pool' sentence length our 2 texans are experiencing?
    Well, if it's the same as mine, I'd say they - or at least one of them - are back on Nov 27... time zones maybe making that a day different - plus or minus. I wouldn't have been quite so lenient with one of them. I'd rather have seen him locked in a room with a group of angry wimmins (that's a joke, I say, a joke....)

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    Aye, Jake.. Amazingly enough, there is a certain someone who shall be unnamed who uses this very 'title'.. seemingly in that very disparaging way.. to refer to a forumite who has made himself scarce for 18 months or so (admittedly, some part, banded..)..

but the certain nameless someone is always so polite & respectful..

or so we are told to believe.

why am I reminded of "so, who ya gonna believe? me? or your lyin' eyes?"
    YMMV, but I've never used Old Mate in a disparaging way - or not that I can recall. I'm a nice guy, after all. Some guys I know use it almost exclusively in conversations - sometimes as a way of focusing the attention of who they are talking to.

not that I can recall.
    Sessionitis?