Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oznabrag is the BROTHM of November!

Default Re: Oznabrag is the BROTHM of November!

Quote Originally Posted by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All View Post
    He owns the place, I'm done.
    Well, one could say that owning some folks isn't that hard, but I wouldn't do that. Come to the forum with clean hands and an open attitude. It ain't that hard to do.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    oh no, gatenby's gonna have josocal banded now
    I've grown up a lot and I got my SoCal mellow on
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Just another couple notches on the sword handle. He's agile.
    Best to dance outta the swath.
    Study Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    Ya know Ian I like ya. Probably more than I should But you're hands aren't always clean in these situations. Just saying. You do play close to the banning edge quite well. Oh and FWIW I kinda like Ozabrag & Glen more.

Wanna be a truly cool dude take a look in the mirror and own your sh!te every now and then. Just a "friendly" suggestion.

I'm gonna miss Ozabrag & Glen
    Yeah, I love you like a brother too Joe. A bit more than Kevin, a bit less than Lew, off to the side a bit with Paul. Oh, Ted's a rung above. You have to share ranking with a couple of guys. Meli is like a sister too.

Insert smiles please
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Well, one could say that owning some folks isn't that hard, but I wouldn't do that. Come to the forum with clean hands and an open attitude. It ain't that hard to do.
    Pontius, your hands ain't all that clean .

Who likes music?

Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Who likes music?
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coose View Post
    Just another couple notches on the sword handle. He's agile.
    Best to dance outta the swath.
    When did you ever see a sword drawn on someone who wasn't already waving a sword around?

When did you ever see a sword drawn on someone who wasn't already waving a sword around?
    Google up "beheading" or "execution, sword" you can see lots of examples.

Ian just to keep it legit. Like I said investing in a good mirror might do you and everyone a world of good.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    There was no mistaking Glen's meaning. And while Glen was clearly out of line, it was a set up all the way.

Biggie posts a picture of several lady friends, including his current amour, and says they are "laughing at" Glen and Oz. Glen replies that they "look like skanks." Certainly unacceptable on Glen's part. It has to be unacceptable to all of us.

But, if one uses a personal photograph as part of an insult, one shouldn't expect a lot of sympathy from onlookers. You may win the battle on a technicality, but lose the war for the respect of one's peers, which is really the only currency available here.

And if, as Bigfella claims he did, you show the insult to your loved one (who is not a participant here) you paint yourself as a bit of a tool. What kind of cad deliberately hurts a loved one? Of course, I don't believe he actually showed her the insult. So, it's just a lie to ramp up indignation. Whatever, man.
    I post a lot of photos of my wife, with her permission of course, I've never used her as a set up to get back at someone.

Ian just to keep it legit. Like I said investing in a good mirror might do you and everyone a world of good.

I post a lot of photos of my wife, with her permission of course, I've never used her as a set up to get back at someone.
    Neither did I. Baxter is wrong. I just responded to that rubbish on the other thread.

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

Lee is not wrong. You did post the photo and say that the women were laughing at Oz and Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    Lee is not wrong. You did post the photo and say that the women were laughing at Oz and Glen.
    Yes, I posted a photo.

No, I did not say that they were laughing at Ozna and Glen.

I said that I was off on a trip soon, and that I'd post plenty of selfies for them.

I did not say that the women were laughing at anyone.

Then why did you post the photo? I mean under what context?
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

This is going to be interesting to see what he comes up with.

I've grown up a lot and I got my SoCal mellow on
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    Who?
    Was that a signal?

That is exactly the post that got it all started.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    Then why did you post the photo? I mean under what context?
    I mentioned that I was heading off on tour and said that I'd be sure to post lots of selfies.

I'd never taken a selfie before this forum started to attack JoeCSOH for posting selfies. Now I'm hooked.

I mentioned that I was heading off on tour and said that I'd be sure to post lots of selfies.

I'd never taken a selfie before this forum started to attack JoeCSOH for posting selfies. Now I'm hooked.
    Ian as I said I like you more than most on this forum do, so take it from me you are being dishonest, at the least to the forum or at the worst to yourself.

I saw it go down and I agree with that saw the whole thing transpire.

Ian as I said I like you more than most on this forum do, so take it from me you are being dishonest, at the least to the forum or at the worst to yourself.

I saw it go down and I agree with that saw the whole thing transpire.
    In what respect, Joe?

I never made a single comment about anyone else laughing at them. It didn't happen.

I commented that I'd be posting plenty of selfies. Now, I won't be posting selfies if they also contain a friend, as most of my selfies do. Such is life. I'll see if I can construct threads that have some interest in them, without exposing friends to Trumpian behaviour as demonstrated the other night.

Let me ask you how you'd react if you posted a selfie with your wife and that same comment had been made about her? Acceptable? Of course not.

As a matter of interest, I also received - by mistake - a private message where the insult was repeated. It wasn't appreciated either.... but it wasn't a public slagging of innocents, like the initial comment.

There was banter on the thread the other night. The attack on the women was a nuclear attack in the midst of some fun banter. Not acceptable. Real men don't attack women. Real men don't support men who attack women.

Did you post photo's ?
    Why ?
    For what Reason ?
    I post photos for a reason. I saw your photos and I saw the REASON
    You don't want to own it OK
    We as a group saw it and saw why.
    You goad and taunt those you disagree with.
    You strike and then fein abuse.
    Sorry we all see the truth
    It's a shame you don't

Did you post photo's ?
    Why ?
    For what Reason ?
    I post photos for a reason. I saw your photos and I saw the REASON
    You don't want to own it OK
    We as a group saw it and saw why.
    You goad and taunt those you disagree with.
    You strike and then fein abuse.
    Sorry we all see the truth
    It's a shame you don't
    Joe, as an amateur psych, you ain't making the grade. I was responding to some really innocuous banter with the dinosaur duo. A friend posted that picture whilst the discussion was going on. I copied it across to the forum. It shows four people having fun.

If the forum is so twisted as to have to apply weird and wonderful theories to any post then woe become you every time you post a picture.

Triple Down

Triple Down
    Let's get one thing very very clear.

I did not post a picture of my friends here for them to be attacked with a sexist and derogatory term.

You can support men who do that if you want. Your ethics are yours alone.

Real men don't attack women. Real men don't support men who attack women.

Lets try this step by step
    Did you post the photos of your friends and girlfriend ?

I saw it, Lee saw it, Joe saw it, I believe that David said he saw it. So is Biggie saying that we are all lying. Is that not rude?

Lets try this step by step
    Did you post the photos of your friends and girlfriend ?
    No. As I said, I posted one photo.

No. As I said, I posted one photo.
    So you DID post a photo of your girlfriend and some of her friends.
    Admission is the first step

Now we are getting somewhere.

So you DID post a photo of your girlfriend and some of her friends.
    Admission is the first step

Now we are getting somewhere.
    Joe, do try to keep up. When did I say that I didn't?

I posted one photo.
    Circular arguments
    You just admitted you posted a photo.

Let's go back to step by step.
    What was that photo you posted of ?

Circular arguments
    You just admitted you posted a photo.

Let's go back to step by step.
    I've always maintained that I posted a picture. Why are you suggesting that this is something new?

I've always maintained that I posted a picture. Why are you suggesting that this is something new?
    Just laying the groundwork.

Just laying the groundwork.

Joe - there's no groundwork to lay.

The lads were rabbiting on... including me. Nothing harmful. Banter. Nothing rude, nor attacking from me.... or them.

As part of that banter, I posted a photo that a friend of mine had posted elsewhere, moments before. It was of the four of us sitting at a table. The three women in the photo were holding a celebratory glass of champagne.

I mentioned that I was taking a trip. The photo was our farewell drinks before the trip.

Old mate launched a sexist and derogatory attack against my partner and two other friends. He went nuclear.

End of story. Out of line. Dinosaur material.

Since then, several folks have tried to mount a defence of the dinosaurs. There is no defence for sexism of that nature. There is no defence for attacking the family / friends of a forumite. It was out of line.

I don't think you answered a question I asked you - on the other thread perhaps - but here it is again, if you posted a photo of yourself and your wife and someone made that comment about your wife, for whatever reason, would you tolerate it?

Would you tolerate your wife being demeaned and disrespected in that way?

Question to difficult?
    Someday, I'm going to settle down and be a grumpy old man.