Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oznabrag is the BROTHM of November!

Default Re: Oznabrag is the BROTHM of November!

Congradulations on your victory.

Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Thumbs up Re: Oznabrag is the BROTHM of November!

Congratulations Mr. Oz.
    All hail the King Of The Bilge Rats!!!
    Now....let us retire to the BYOB and toast our King proper eh?
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    Bloviated Gobbledygook!
    I'll call out men who are cowards towards women every time I see them. Do you stand for that sort of behavior
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    I'll call out men who are cowards towards women every time I see them. Do you stand for that sort of behavior
    Deliberately and disingenuously 'misunderstanding' and misrepresenting someone is a sophomoric debating tactic. I would have thought it beneath you, except this is not the first time I've noticed you resort to such silliness. Are you just lobbing bombs for your own perverse amusement, or are the behavioral requirements of the rest of your life so stringent that you must come here to act out in such a fashion? I do wish you'd try harder.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Deliberately and disingenuously 'misunderstanding' and misrepresenting someone is a sophomoric debating tactic. I would have thought it beneath you, except this is not the first time I've noticed you resort to such silliness. Are you just lobbing bombs for your own perverse amusement, or are the behavioral requirements of the rest of your life so stringent that you must come here to act out in such a fashion? I do wish you'd try harder.
    I take it that you didn't see the post I was responding to, which is now gone? Don't let that stop you assuming and adopting a position of presumptuous superiority.

For your information, people have been gaoled / jailed for 35 years for similar comments. Old mate just perma-banned himself from being able to visit one of the world's most fascinating countries.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

I take it that you didn't see the post I was responding to, which is now gone? Don't let that stop you assuming and adopting a position of presumptuous superiority.

For your information, people have been gaoled / jailed for 35 years for similar comments. Old mate just perma-banned himself from being able to visit one of the world's most fascinating countries.
    Ah... but I did see the 'objectionable' post. I agree it was edgy. But the thrust of his comment wasn't as you portray it. No need to respond... I'm just giving you some feedback: you are being transparently disingenuous by choosing to take offense in a fashion that it wasn't intended. By seizing that tiny crevice of an opening, then deliberately prying it open far enough to insert your proxy faux outrage, you are playing the fool. All I'm doing is telling you people noticed. No amount of doubling down will change that.

It just disappoints me when people who are fully capable of informed, adult, conversation... choose dishonesty instead.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Ah... but I did see the 'objectionable' post. I agree it was edgy. But the thrust of his comment wasn't as you portray it. No need to respond... I'm just giving you some feedback: you are being transparently disingenuous by choosing to take offense in a fashion that it wasn't intended. By seizing that tiny crevice of an opening, then deliberately prying it open far enough to insert your proxy faux outrage, you are playing the fool. All I'm doing is telling you people noticed. No amount of doubling down will change that.

It just disappoints me when people who are fully capable of informed, adult, conversation... choose dishonesty instead.

What would your reaction be if someone attacked your partner in the same way? If they found it as offensive as my partner did?

Thank you Ian for your shining example of internet heroism. Not sure where we'd be without you, but thank you anyways. You the man.
    Last edited by Paul Pless; 11-12-2017 at 06:03 PM.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Yeah, thanks Ian.
    I see you've run off my friends again.
    I hope your ego and pride are still intact.
    Poor fella.

The BOTH apparently has been 'banned'.

Anyone know for how long?
    Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

I'm angry again.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Sir bigfeller, Sir, quoting my Mother now, “You show yourself [Sir Bigfeller] highly fed, and lowly taught, Sir.”
    Last edited by Ed Harrow; 11-15-2017 at 10:32 PM.
    "Congress doesn't regulate Wall Street, Wall Street regulates Congress."

MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY! "I have heard of some kind of men that put quarrels purposely on others."

As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

International Financial Conspirator, Collaborator, Gun Runner, Ace Philosopher-King and all-around smartie pants

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    I'm angry again.
    Why?
    Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY! "I have heard of some kind of men that put quarrels purposely on others."
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Ian are you a button masher? Really?
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

we all have been cyber bullies. Many are button mashers. I would have mashed if inflamitory words were pointed at someone I cared about. Obviously we are big boys and girls here. Policing ourselves is key to our civility. I am disappointed that Scott got involved due to thread direction not being kindly self monitored.

Last year I was banned for political commentary regarding abortion denials. Jack enjoyed mashing the button and Scott saw it fit to ban me due to Jacks emotional outraged response. I found the time away much of a relief and now take this forum with the grain of salt it deserves. I hope those guys find fun and adventure elsewhere.

Be careful in looking up the Stag magazine forum - you might be surprised by threads and self expressions...

Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 11-13-2017 at 03:12 PM.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

I saw the post. While I agree that it should not have been made, it must be a sorry country that would jail someone for 35 years and perma-ban someone for that remark. I'm glad we have more freedom to speak here in this country.

Perma-ban? Who?
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Perma-ban? Who?
    Phew, T'weren't me!

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Perma-ban? Who?
    Biggie says his old mate is perma-banned from visiting some unnamed country.

Originally Posted by The Bigfella

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    Thank you Ian for your shining example of internet heroism. Not sure where we'd be without you, but thank you anyways. You the man.
    As usual, you make another unwarranted assumption. If you had seen the activity, you would have seen that Glen said he was pushing the button.

Let me ask you a question. What would you do if someone labeled a photo of your wife on the forum with a term that she regarded as highly insulting?

As usual, you make another unwarranted assumption. If you had seen the activity, you would have seen that Glen said he was pushing the button.
    i never said anything about pushing the button

What would you do if someone labeled a photo of your wife on the forum with a term that she regarded as highly insulting?
    i don't know, depends on the circumstances
    you forget, my wife is a participant here and tends to hold her own
    more often than not, she defends me

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    Ian are you a button masher? Really?
    And so would you if someone labeled a photo of Lindy with a highly derogatory term.

i don't know, depends on the circumstances
    you forget, my wife is a participant here and tends to hold her own
    more often than not, she defends me
    Yes, I can understand that she needs to defend you. :

i never said anything about pushing the button
    I didn't say that you did

pushing the button

anyways, the value of this thread (as well as this forum) is lessened greatly by the absence of oznabrag and glen
    i'm outta here

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harrow View Post
    Sir Ian Gatenby, Sir, quoting my Mother now, “You show yourself [Sir Gatenby] highly fed, and lowly taught, Sir.”
    Not as low as you though. Like others, you are making assumptions without facts, but beyond that you have moved into cyberbullying mode. That's what using names is when a person chooses not to use their name, but someone outs them. Did it make you feel better?

anyways, the value of this thread (as well as this forum) is lessened greatly by the absence of oznabrag and glen
    i'm outta here
    Of course. But it was the two of them who chose to firstly pick a fight, secondly to get down in the gutter and thirdly, for one of them at least, to push the button.

Meanwhile, I'm quite enjoying the life. It's quite fun, trying to figure out just how many servants there are at this house. I'm getting confused between adoptees and servants. If the adoptees and their children are included it's about a dozen. I'm feeling quite pampered
    Last edited by The Bigfella; 11-13-2017 at 07:44 PM.

And so would you if someone labeled a photo of Lindy with a highly derogatory term.
    If somebody did that, Lew wouldn't need to push the button. I'd be hitting it like it was Nintendo Track&Field.

But then, Lew wouldn't post a picture of a loved one to score points in an internet slap fight. There's your difference, and if you're still lost, it's right around the locus of courtesy, dignity, and mutual respect.

Looks like your pushing each others buttons.

And I'll miss Glen and Oznabrag and hope the are released soon.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Of course. But it was the two of them who chose to firstly pick a fight, secondly to get down in the gutter and thirdly, for one of them at least, to push the button.
    Ya know Ian I like ya. Probably more than I should But you're hands aren't always clean in these situations. Just saying. You do play close to the banning edge quite well. Oh and FWIW I kinda like Ozabrag & Glen more.

Wanna be a truly cool dude take a look in the mirror and own your sh!te every now and then. Just a "friendly" suggestion.

I'm gonna miss Ozabrag & Glen
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

oh no, gatenby's gonna have josocal banded now

He owns the place, I'm done.