Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: Two rescued after drifting for 5 months in the Pacific. ... I don't get it????

Default Re: Two rescued after drifting for 5 months in the Pacific. ... I don't get it????

Quote Originally Posted by Arlc View Post
    It seems the only thing left to determine is who was their accomplice who dropped them off at the boat and/or towed the boat out to sea and how many days they spent on the boat before contact with the fishing vessel and the “rescue” by the US Navy.

Note part of the narrative on the go fund me page:
    female ocean voyagers most certainly know the imminent danger we were in. The ordeal with the fishermen was far more terrifying than anything the ocean threw at us. “

So now they are embellishing the story by stating they were afraid of being raped by the fishermen?

First rule of getting out of a hole: Stop digging.
    So, they didn't want the fishermen to rescue them? No wonder they were at sea so long.

I see the story on the EPIRB has changed.

Default Re: Two rescued after drifting for 5 months in the Pacific. ... I don't get it????

I was watching this most days and getting a great giggle out of it, very obvious right from the get go that less than the truth was being spoken.
    But its gone from roll eyes humour to something a bit nefarious when they started accusing the fishermen who did their best to help, of this rubbish.
    That sends a message to be wary of trying to help a yacht because they might turn out to be like these people , or Rimas.
    I can't remeber if I said it here or not , but we were about 30 odd miles off Rimas' last reported position on the 1st aug, Texas reef , Rabi island in Fiji, before he 'disappeared'.
    I count myself lucky that was one hazard we avoided, If he'd asked us for help we would have, probably to our cost in time and money, only to find out that that is his M.O... use up people and get rescued everywhere he goes.

What an odd story. The vid shows intact spreaders and those sails have not been rolled up for five months. Also, the water marks on the hull looks like the boat was half sunk at a marina for awhile. Glad everyone was ok, but it seems to lack something...

Quote Originally Posted by Aristos View Post
    What an odd story. The vid shows intact spreaders and those sails have not been rolled up for five months. Also, the water marks on the hull looks like the boat was half sunk at a marina for awhile. Glad everyone was ok, but it seems to lack something...
    That's fer sur....the truth!!!