Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theremo-electric energy recovery

Default Re: Theremo-electric energy recovery

Hi Will

My take on it is that the stove could pound out 100W 24/7 whereas the same 100W solar panel might actually produce that same 100W at only peak hours and none at all for about half the time. So the actual benefit of the stoves 100W system might just be equal to a panel array of maybe 400W

Makes perfect sense for this application.

I'm sure you've seen this website: http://www.tegmart.com/teg-module

There's chips for up to 300 degrees C. And energy harvesting converter modules. I'll be exploring this stuff myself,
    Will

They look great but man are they expensive. I can get ten generator modules for about the same price that will work for experimental purposes.

P1130653.jpg

I got a little silly with the air intake on the first of the test beds.

P1130669.jpg

Above is the third prototype minus the front door and prior to welding. There's a couple spacers holding up the flat plate which has the two aluminum pieces on it for the chips. Those are leaving once I get things welded up.

The square tubes coming up through the plate are the pellet fill tubes. The big hole underneath the diamond shaped hole is the ash drawer.

Anyway I'm just about ready to stick some chips on this thing and see what melts first ;-)

I'm a fair hand in a machine shop so I can sorta play with the design a lot and who knows, maybe eventually I'll come up with something cool ;-)