Thread: Nov//Dec issue

Default Nov//Dec issue

It's been in my grocery store in Maine for a week or more, but not in my mailbox.

I have three choices
    1) I could buy the copy in the grocery store and keep my mail delivered one for posterity. When I was more profligate I used to do this, I'd get it delivered to my mother's house in Wales to be sure I had every edition, and buy it at the rigging shop in Tortola, because I could not walk by it.

2) Go to the grocery store and surreptitiously read the key articles. They already think I'm a ne're do well. I won't do that because it's like a drug; once I pick it up, I'm never going to give it up

3) Quit my moaning, the nice lady at the 800 number, says it will arrive by the 27th.

I guess I'll chose box number 3, Patience is a Vertue (joke for the cognoscenti).

Default Re: Nov//Dec issue

I wanderer if it will arrive on time.

Peace,
    Hope So

I wonder about this from the boat-deprived midwest: The mag usually arrives in the teens of the even numbered months..... Did they have difficulty winterizing this year? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    I wanderer if it will arrive on time.
    Patience is indeed a Vertue so, excited as he may be to get his hands on it, let's hope Gareth can keep Hiscock under wraps until his next 'issue' arrives. There. I said it. Yes I did.
    Last edited by rbgarr; 10-22-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    "... and the great shroud of the sea rolled on as it rolled five thousand years ago."

Patience actually is a Vertue. Took 20 years to build her. She's in Hobart.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    Patience actually is a Vertue. Took 20 years to build her. She's in Hobart.

Rick
    The e great Ian Wright's Verue is also called "Patience"

Ah, so there's more than one!

Rick

My issue arrived last week.I hadn't previously realised that Carl Cramer's boat was an LFH double ender.

Quote Originally Posted by John Meachen View Post
    My issue arrived last week.I hadn't previously realised that Carl Cramer's boat was an LFH double ender.
    SOMEthing's wrong. You're overseas from me and I'm less than three hours from Brooklin.....
    "... and the great shroud of the sea rolled on as it rolled five thousand years ago."

I'm 20 minutes up the road and haven't got it yet.
    Steve B
    TraditionalSmallCraftAssociation
    DowneastTSCA.org

TraditionalSmallCraft.com
    RIVUS 16' Melonseed

"If a man must be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." E. B. White

My issue arrived in the Chicago area yesterday.

I think it's distributed from Ohio, so I'll be watching fo the mail lady today

Just got it.
    Steve B
    TraditionalSmallCraftAssociation
    DowneastTSCA.org

TraditionalSmallCraft.com
    RIVUS 16' Melonseed

"If a man must be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." E. B. White

Just Medicare offers in my mail.

still waiting...

WooHoo, it arrived. The kettle is on. That's a rainy afternoon sorted.

Agreed Gareth. I liked the Sting Ray article. She used to dock at the Cape Cod boatyard behind the house I grew up in during the summertime. 'Queen of the Fleet' wasn't enough to do her justice. It was something to see her and the Kennedy's MARLIN racing flat out across a calm Nantucket Sound. That was one time a powerboat's wake wasn't annoying to this becalmed sailor. https://www.jfklibrary.org/Research/...ts/Marlin.aspx

The article about Dulcinea (etc.) revealed that the Vaitses version is now in Alec Brainerd's Artisan Boatworks 'stable' of boats to be restored. A couple who used to post here passed her on to him. A beauty.

Yes, it's a great issue. I do feel, for reasons I can't justify, that subscribers should get it, before or at the same time as it arrives in stores. I guess one justification would be equal access to the classified ad's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hwyl View Post
    Yes, it's a great issue. I do feel, for reasons I can't justify, that subscribers should get it, before or at the same time as it arrives in stores. I guess one justification would be equal access to the classified ad's.
    Or at least make the digital version of the ads freely available to print-only subscribers as soon as they are available. This month's "Save a Classic" is VERY nearby and I went to see it this afternoon when it stopped raining. It's already being looked at by someone who got the issue 'early'.

How do we cross-post this thread to the WB Magazine Forum?

I'm guessing you are talking about the Facebook one.You can paste and copy the URL.However, Pat tries to keep that positive, I hate to whine there.

This section of the forum is read by the editors. I'm sure there's a good reason as to why it's like it is.

I was referring to the magazine forum here. The lovely Pat doesn't need that aggravation nor is it her bailiwick.

Hi, John -- I'm happy to say she's been sold. Deva: Just a great boat. I just have the Araminta now. Just a lovely, lovely LFH design.

While we're on the issue, anyone else bothered by the over-the-gunnel dinghy entry shown in "Getting Started . . . " What a perfect way to flip the thing right over. The correct solution is to have a foot loop at the stern. I use a line from one transom corner to the other and long enough that with a foot in the bight is comfortably below the water and my knee hits the transom.