Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PNW Save-A-Classic

Default Re: PNW Save-A-Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh MacD View Post
    Anybody heard what the lien is on this? Looks like the P.O. did a lot of cosmetic work (or paid for it, anyway) but didn't have the wherewithal to finish the job. Too bad. I hope someone gets her who has the capability of doing it right.
    Hm. They may have done some cosmetic work a few years ago but if the photo on the Port of PT site is at all recent she needs is all done over again, and likely more besides.

Too bad. That's a really neat boat.
    - Chris

Life is short. Go boating now!

Yeah...looks like she'd be a really great "Sound" boat. I'd be a little uncomfortable offshore with those big windows, but for anyplace inshore she'd be comfortable, if a bit big.

This has a bit of the aroma of someone thinking they could buy a boat cheap, tart it up a bit, and flip it for a big score. Then reality set in... and they had to walk away. Or - sometimes sudden health issues have the same result.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    As an FYI - Hagerty will not insure boats over 50 ft. I'd always heard good things about them, but when I inquired, I got a very brusque email in response & when I asked for any suggestions on who might, the response was simply "No". I was unimpressed.
    I’m none too happy with Hagerty classic car insurance right now. Drove my 48 truck from NH to GA last week, broke down in PA only to be told I had no roadside coverage. They “accidentally” left it off the renewal premium. “Sorry. Would you like a free year of roadside as compensation?” Shopping for a new company now. Their response has been completely unacceptable.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    This has a bit of the aroma of someone thinking they could buy a boat cheap, tart it up a bit, and flip it for a big score. Then reality set in... and they had to walk away. Or - sometimes sudden health issues have the same result.
    You may have the right of it David. I'd like to know how she's fastened and the structural condition. This would be a good starting point for a project as she's cleaned up and dry enough without being too dry (hopefully). At my age she won't be my project, but a good start for an ambitious youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh MacD View Post
    but a good start for an ambitious youngster.

... must.... resist ..... project ..... boat....
    There's the plan, then there's what actually happens.

Ben Sebens, RN

15' Welsford Navigator Inconceivable
    16' W. Simmons Mattinicus double ender ​Matty

Quote Originally Posted by BBSebens View Post
    ... must.... resist ..... project ..... boat....
    Ben, from what I hear you have a project house now. No time for drooling over boats. Back to work!
    - Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cstevens View Post
    Ben, from what I hear you have a project house now. No time for drooling over boats. Back to work!
    Hey! We're supposed to be enabling here. WTH was this splash of the cold waters of reality?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Ha! Ben's wife is doing perfectly fine at enabling all on her own. I keep seeing Facebook posts from her liking boats... Seriously I do not know how they have not ended up with one yet.
    - Chris

See Ben's post #41 - his mantra seems to be working, at least for now !

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Hey! We're supposed to be enabling here. WTH was this splash of the cold waters of reality?
    Ha! Ben's wife is doing perfectly fine at enabling all on her own. I keep seeing Facebook posts from her liking boats... Seriously I do not know how they have not ended up with one yet.
    Seriously. Its a miracle we don't have our own boatyard yet.

Hmmm.... there's an idea.....
    There's the plan, then there's what actually happens.

Ben Sebens, RN

15' Welsford Navigator Inconceivable
    16' W. Simmons Mattinicus double ender ​Matty

I showed my wife pictures of the boat, she really liked it. Then I told her the back story...too much bad juju for her. Probably just as well, I have a project house to finish too.
    Steve

If you would have a good boat, be a good guy when you build her - honest, careful, patient, strong.
    H.A. Calahan

I have a pic of Accolade for sale on the hard in PT with trees like that in the background, Feb/March of 2008. There was three weeks of yard time included when we acquired her so I moved aboard and did what I could to prepare for the trip north. There was so much interesting work going on there they had to throw me out . I loved the opportunity to go through boats like this for the education that it provides regarding construction and other details. / Jim
    Last edited by chas; 10-20-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSebens View Post
    Seriously. Its a miracle we don't have our own boatyard yet.

Hmmm.... there's an idea.....
    Murn' already accuses me of having one I'd get serious about it if we could get permitting...or would have ten years ago.