Thread: Asheville NC airport bombing attempt.

Default Asheville NC airport bombing attempt.

My apologies if this a dup post. I'm just finding out about it. How about you?

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2017/...lking-about-it

On past Friday morning, at 12:39 a.m., security footage from the Asheville Regional Airport in North Carolina showed a man walking through the front doors wearing black clothing and a black cap, while carrying a bag. “Based on a review of the video, the individual walked near the entrance to the terminal, went out of sight momentarily, and was then seen departing the area without the bag,” according to the criminal complaint.
    Following the Transportation Security Administration’s protocols, airport security allowed a bomb dog to sniff the bag for explosives and the dog signaled to the team the presence of dangerous materials in the bag. The concourse was then shut down. The street leading to the airport was shut down. And Asheville Regional Airport officials found themselves in a dangerous emergency situation.
    What investigators eventually found in the bag was AN/FO (Ammonium Nitrate/Fuel Oil) explosives that, according to the criminal complaint, have been used “in a number of terrorist-related incidents around the world. When AN/FO comes into contact with a flame or other ignition source it explodes violently. Nails or ball bearings are often items added to the device so as to increase the devastation inflicted by the explosion.”

. . .
    In fact, sharp nails and bullets were found in this improvised explosive device. Whoever built it designed the bomb to cause horrific bodily harm. Before disarming it, authorities discovered that the alarm attached to it was scheduled to go off at 6:00 a.m. that morning just as a fresh round of travelers was scheduled to arrive at the airport.

The man who planted it, it turns out, openly admitted to authorities that he was “preparing to fight a war on U.S. soil” and that this bomb was but one part of that war. . "
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Default Re: Asheville NC airport bombing attempt.

Whoa! News to me, and I'm a bit of a news junkie.
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    Whoa! News to me, and I'm a bit of a news junkie.
    Me too. Last Friday?

Update: http://www.snopes.com/2017/10/12/ash...omb-attempted/
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    As Snopes says, this was just some regular white guy, not a Muslim, so nothing to report eh?
    Somewhere between Murder and Suicide, there is a place called Merseyside.

Well, dressed in black. Some of the antifa thugs have proclaimed their intent to bring down "the man" by any means necessary.
    So many questions, so little time.

Terrifying.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Quote Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
    Well, dressed in black. Some of the antifa thugs have proclaimed their intent to bring down "the man" by any means necessary.
    Unlikely. Antifa, for all they are worth, have a very defined target. A bomb in an airport does not.
    As mentioned, this was a militia type, that sounds like the other side of the fence to me.
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    Unlikely. Antifa, for all they are worth, have a very defined target. A bomb in an airport does not.
    As mentioned, this was a militia type, that sounds like the other side of the fence to me.
    Oh come on...the guy was dressed in BLACK. That means he MUST be antifa! No other explanation makes sense.

What's so funny about peace love & understanding?

Trying to be cute, I guess? ..... His self proclaimed ethnic/race is: American Indian/Alaskan Native.

I doubt he's had one of those ancestry DNA tests to support those claims. I could be wrong, but I doubt it!

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

You know, I am done with these people. Just execute them.
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

This tells far more about you than it does the suspect.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    Put him in a room with his bomb, set the timer, and go for coffee. Not sure if I would actually do it, but I get the sentiment.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    Now Now...we mustn't abandon our principles and basic values. We need to give them the fair trial to which they're entitled, and THEN execute them.

What's so funny about peace love & understanding?

Tom,

What it says about me Tom, is that I don't like anarchist/neo-fascists of any stripe.

I have no idea this guy's affiliations. I went with the report of him being dressed in black, and by "antifa's" obvious goals and stated means. OK, some of antifa.
    So many questions, so little time.

Tom,

What it says about me Tom, is that I don't like anarchist/neo-fascists of any stripe.

I have no idea this guy's affiliations. I went with the report of him being dressed in black, and by "antifas" obvious goals and stated means.

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Damn. Now I want rollmops for lunch.
    Nosce te ipsum

https://www.facebook.com/NPR/posts/10156182817716756

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk